By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EA upset with Nintendo for not blocking used games? Possible pressure from EA for Sony to follow?

so EA wants to be in Gamstop shit list?
maybe gamestop would push nintendo now...... if ever they would be the only company to retain the used games
oh well gamestop is doomed anyways.. and nintendo

Around the Network
superchunk said:
Munkeh111 said:

I feel it's got to be more than that. I could understand them just not making an effort, but to not even rehash old games like they are doing on the Vita seem like there is something seriously wrong.

I feel we shouldn't condemn EA quite yet, it could just be their new CEO with a new direction for the company?

I feel you're ignoring the obvious 9001lb gorilla in the room.

I am alone in the world not thinking EA are evil...

Having said that, I have tried to find Sony saying that used games are fine. They don't sound very convincing http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-02-21-sony-tells-eurogamer-playstation-4-will-not-block-used-games

This would be the reason EA got rid of Online pass, no longer needed.

can't believe this crap went unnoticed

http://www.screwattack.com/news/sony-hints-ps4-does-contain-feature-block-used-games-its-publishers-use-it

zumnupy10 said:
That FIFA mode being exclusive to XB1 seemed like a threat to Sony IMO.

Eurogamer confirmed it was exclusive DLC for that mode, not the entire mode. 

Just more Spin for timed dlc most like

Around the Network

I think Sony will allow companies to charge a fee for used games but they are smart enough to allow the companies to take the blame for the fee. Whereas Microsoft has never had a problem charging fees for anything.

Munkeh111 said:

Having said that, I have tried to find Sony saying that used games are fine. They don't sound very convincing http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-02-21-sony-tells-eurogamer-playstation-4-will-not-block-used-games

No-one is blocking the "use of" used games... so long as you're willing to pay an additional fee on top of whatever you paid for the used game itself.

However, I do think that if this issue becomes a reason 3rd parties stop supporting WiiU (like EA) then Nintendo can implement this via an update for them. It already has an account system.

Only difference I see is that with Nintendo, even downloaded games are automatically shared with everyone's account on the same system. Whereas MS definition makes it sound like its tied to a singular Live account and no sharing even within the same Xbox.

if this is true than it is time to beat the shit out of EA.
Than we must continue from where we stopped with Sims.

it is not accepptable to be lied=no more online pass
and then just get something worse.

I never believed in the Nintendo/Origin Story as I don't think thatNintendo was so stupid to give away their online monopol for their console to someone else(on the other hand they did something similar with sony=psx,and abondend it in the last moment,and made sony angry) but with this it would make perfect sense.

superchunk said:
Munkeh111 said:

No-one is blocking the "use of" used games... so long as you're willing to pay an additional fee on top of whatever you paid for the used game itself.

However, I do think that if this issue becomes a reason 3rd parties stop supporting WiiU (like EA) then Nintendo can implement this via an update for them. It already has an account system.

Only difference I see is that with Nintendo, even downloaded games are automatically shared with everyone's account on the same system. Whereas MS definition makes it sound like its tied to a singular Live account and no sharing even within the same Xbox.

That is my point, it is perfectly possible Sony are taking the same approach as M$ from that statement.

I am concerned about sharing on one console, given I live with my brother, it is going to be a pain if we have to pay extra to play on our own accounts, but I think that is a step too harsh.

I think things are too vague to really be sure what is going on at the moment

Munkeh111 said:

That is my point, it is perfectly possible Sony are taking the same approach as M$ from that statement.

I am concerned about sharing on one console, given I live with my brother, it is going to be a pain if we have to pay extra to play on our own accounts, but I think that is a step too harsh.

I think things are too vague to really be sure what is going on at the moment

You're probably right and the real solution is that the particular Live account its tied to must just exist on the console, not be the one currently logged in. i.e. its still shareable on same console or one that you log into. This is actually reinforced by their talk today about the cloud usage and how the games (and other content) go wherever you are.

I think this ties into the idea that the full game is installed on your Xbox and a digital version is automatically unlocked for future download if needed. Thereby making the disc irrelavent.