By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - How would you rate the Microsoft Conference? Everything you wanted?

Wasn't awful, only showed two things that I'd really care about and I would have loved a gameplay demo.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
Deyon said:
sales2099 said:
Deyon said:
sales2099 said:
Deyon said:

Microsoft's main plan with the Xone is focusing on casuals. You still haven't answerd my question: Why didn't they show their promised new exclusives at the event? They got 15, so they can keep a couple of them till E3.

Because E3 is meant for games you silly goose. They got all the boring stuff out of the way so you can complain now, eat crow later :)

Again, Forza leapfrogging GT and remedy exclusive are enough new reveals to last a couple weeks.

And making an event revealing a videoGAME console is not meant for games? WOW..

Well, its meant for revealing the console first and foremost.....thinking of a certain other big 3 company that didn't get the memo on that.Again, 2 exclusives, and timed content on the biggest 3rd party IP's in the industry. A nice teaser for a couple weeks.

Sooooooo what? Your gonna spend the next 2 weeks complaining and having a good time trashing the conference.....when you KNOW that MS specifically got the multimedia stuff out of the way now so that you would have ZERO to complain about at E3?

Have a fun 2 weeks, I guess.

Sony didn't talk about TV and other non important stuff for an hour. That makes up for the lack of a console reveal.  Microsoft's event was a dissapointment/boring in a gamers eyes.

And after E3 it will be a distant memory :)

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

theshonen8899 said:
Good:
- Controller looks like it's been greatly improved.
- Finally has fu**ing blu-ray.
- Hardware specs look good.

Bad:
- Too much TV and non-gaming crap. This should not be the focus of a gaming console.
- Stop trying to make Kinect happen.
- Almost no games footage or emphasis.
- Another Call of Duty.
- Halo mini-series...really? Is this something you should be announcing at a console reveal and not at E3 or on a blog?
- Blocks used games.

I think that's the thing though, it's not longer a gaming system to MS but an entertainment one, for better or worse. I think it probably breaks down into 55% games/45% entertainment for Microsofts attention.

8/10 for the kinet featues ( the look nice, but in the end not interested)
4/10 for the games ( very few. and that´s all i want)

PS4 for me

Mixed for me. I dislike Sony very much, their products always fail me, that being said sony's presentation was miles ahead of mincrosofts sporting event. I mean come on 30 minutes it felt like all sports nonsense. And Steven Spielberg with a halo tv show? What on any way is that related to gaming on Xbox one? Is it only a show that x box live members can watch? No that's why CBS lady was on stage. Don't get me wrong defiance may have some competition, But I fail to see how this threatens Sony. Microsoft was trolling Sony on how to present yet this is what they gave? Sorry but I was let down. Hell I was more giddy when Nintendo first had the wii u demo reel. What's stopping apple from making some cheap hook up that adds full blown wireless connectivity between iPad and tv? One to one mirror capability. Dammit man why couldn't we get a glimpse of a new next gen gears game. Even 30 seconds would have been good for me. O well 20 more days.

I rate the event at 7.5/10 with Sony at an 8.75/10 and wii u reveal show was 7.75/10.

Around the Network

call me odd i wasnt that impressed with sony's conference i dont really watch tv but for some reason i want to  lol..

As soon as I saw the design from an 80's VCR I switched off

"...the best way to prepare [to be a programmer] is to write programs, and to study great programs that other people have written. In my case, I went to the garbage cans at the Computer Science Center and fished out listings of their operating system." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

"Hey, Steve, just because you broke into Xerox's house before I did and took the TV doesn't mean I can't go in later and take the stereo." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

Bill Gates had Mac prototypes to work from, and he was known to be obsessed with trying to make Windows as good as SAND (Steve's Amazing New Device), as a Microsoft exec named it. It was the Mac that Microsoft took for its blueprint on how to make a GUI.

""Windows [n.] - A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition.""

Viper1 said:
The conference did not appeal to me at all.

The TV stuff? I can do most of that on the Wii U. And I'm not being lazy, I can do all of it with a few button presses on the TV remote.

Games? they talked about a few but I didn't see one second of actual gameplay. None.

And I love how they didn't announce the second hand game fee and lack of B/C.

This guy says it the best:

Nintendo and PC gamer

sales2099 said:
Deyon said:
sales2099 said:

Well, its meant for revealing the console first and foremost.....thinking of a certain other big 3 company that didn't get the memo on that.Again, 2 exclusives, and timed content on the biggest 3rd party IP's in the industry. A nice teaser for a couple weeks.

Sooooooo what? Your gonna spend the next 2 weeks complaining and having a good time trashing the conference.....when you KNOW that MS specifically got the multimedia stuff out of the way now so that you would have ZERO to complain about at E3?

Have a fun 2 weeks, I guess.

Sony didn't talk about TV and other non important stuff for an hour. That makes up for the lack of a console reveal.  Microsoft's event was a dissapointment/boring in a gamers eyes.

And after E3 it will be a distant memory :)

Nope. Mirosoft blew their load way too early. When Sony reveals the PS4 at E3, the media will blow up, thus making Sony E3 2013 winner :)

Seece said:
I enjoyed it, obviously I'd have loved it more if it were more games orientated but going in I knew what to expect from MS. I like the name ... surprisingly, the box though 0_o it's bloody huge!

The controller is elongated, dunno if I like, some aspects look great.

On a personal level I'd rate it 6 ish, COD and Sports games don't excite me. But they have huge fanbases and I realise it was important they were there, for a non core gamer viewpoint I give it 9 :P

:O

:O

Youre back!