By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - How would you rate the Microsoft Conference? Everything you wanted?

Meh, I'm a cord cutter and don't watch TV so over half the presentation was meh. Halo tv show but no Halo game? Meh. EA games? Meh. Kinect gestures and voice control. Meh. I already hate it on the 360 and use MLB.tv on my PS3 instead because the kinect is contantly taking my voice for input and changing the game/overlay/etc. Just imagine shooting your arms into the air after an awesome play and having the kinect read that as a go to the dashboard command. Double meh.

Only things I liked, Forza and Remedy game, the rest, a big meh.

Around the Network

6.5/10. They focused too much on kinect and the entertainment (sports, TV) aspect of the console which added little that was exciting. There was no livestreaming feature or anything like that. They showed only 7 games at the event, 4 of which were from EA sports. Forza 5, i don't care about. Call of Duty Ghosts could be good and i haven't seen enough of Quantum Break to judge it yet. Overall, it was ok but a greater focus on games was needed

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

I was positively surprised.

It looks like a good device with some innovative and powerful technology. In that sense I'd say I'm more impressed with the XBox One than I am with the PS4. I don't care about any of the multimedia features (of any console), because I only use it to play games. Other devices are better suited for everything else anyway, but I am impressed by how it all works and how fluently it all works. That uber-multitasking could come in handy sometimes. I do find the name a bit iffy though. I get why it's called that, but XBox One sounds like it's the first one, which obviously it isn't. But whatever.

I'll wait until after E3 to decide what will be my second console for the coming gen, because as of now, Sony still got the games.

8/10

For me it was a solid showcase of what the next Xbox can do. I was really impressed with the way the whole system can be controlled with voice commands. The only things I did not care for where the focus on the set top box features and later hearing that every game must be installed to play and that is something I have came to dread on the ps3.

I give it a One  X. That HTC phone.

• Really fast UI.
  • Skype to make calls about Non Specific Action Figure and make fun of your 40 year friend who you are beating in fantasy handball.
  • Dance and shake in front of Kinect for good or  bad. 
  • Watch sports you watch on tv but now you can be heard talking to it. 
  • EA's unprecendeted support complete with used game blocking.
  • You can still play COD and get the dlc month early. Make fun of your uncle/older brother who games on PS4/PC who can't. 

Around the Network

Only thing that interested me was the Remedy game. Otherwise the conference was the same predictable Microsoft, mediocre/10.

4/10

Lots of word but very little information for all the time I wasted watching it. Also, too much focus on entertainment features and too little focus on actual games. Annoying corporate propaganda didn't help it. If I had to rate it even more personally, I'd give it even less.

-Used games blocking
-Mandatory online registration for new games
-Always on kinected
-No backwards compatible
-No real gameplay shown

3/10

I missed the presentation, I'll watch it on youtube (or somewhere on the interwebs) tonight and rate then.

Signature goes here!

Rafux said:
-Used games blocking
-Mandatory online registration for new games
-Always on kinected
-No backwards compatible

I wanted to make a list as well so I'll just quote the things that ticked me off a bit. Also, the name is slightly confusing. It's worse than "Wii U" actually... I'm sure it'll sell well but I doubt it will blow past Xbox360 sales with those things. Also, voice recognition is not a huge feature. Instead of saying "Xbox... watch TV!" I could just push a button. That's faster and will make me look less like an idiot in front of my friends. I'm not Captain Kirk. 

I really *want* Microsoft and Sony to have great consoles as the Wii U was a letdown to me compared to the Wii. Unfortunately, I haven't seen anything that makes me want to buy this console. It just seems like too much inconvenient stuff. And I'm afraid Sony is just holding back the bad news currently and there'll be game registration and used game fees on the PS4 as well. I have a feeling this will be the first gaming generation where all three manufacturers experience either stagnating or falling sales.