By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - How would you rate the Microsoft Conference? Everything you wanted?

5/10 boring and I hate the name "Xbox one"

Call of duty - cant stand it, so listening to them ramble about it for ten mins was a bore.

Forza looks kool

So does the other new IP

Let down :( I remember having heart palpitations watching Sonys conferences, I found myself fading away watching tv more than once while watching xbox conference :/

Around the Network

Seems I misunderstood the direction they were going.

When 360 began getting all these TV apps I thought MS would create a console that replaces the cable box in your home, when in reality you still need your cable box so you can plug it into the XBox One. I was hoping it would replace the very power hungry cable boxes we have here. In reality it makes it much much worse.

I also wonder how they were changing through channels so quickly when it is reliant on a device that is obvious so much slower to change channels.

I am very skeptical of everything I just saw and am very very disappointed in the overall conference. It truly is E3 or bust now.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Come on people they won't be called out for the lack a feminim figure on the stage ... that should count for something ....

1/10. No pun intended.

Euphoria14 said:

Seems I misunderstood the direction they were going.

When 360 began getting all these TV apps I thought MS would create a console that replaces the cable box in your home, when in reality you still need your cable box so you can plug it into the XBox One. I was hoping it would replace the very power hungry cable boxes we have here. In reality it makes it much much worse.

I also wonder how they were changing through channels so quickly when it is reliant on a device that is obvious so much slower to change channels.

I am very skeptical of everything I just saw and am very very disappointed in the overall conference. It truly is E3 or bust now.

That's a pretty good point... Wouldn't be a first for MS to stage all their stuff when they present them.  Kinect Star Wars anyone?

In any case, I'm not sold on the system yet. But it's only the reveal. It will most likely grow on me over time, or sink badly if it remains what I think it is.

Around the Network

Still thinking what's more embarrassing, having a Gaint enemy crab in your presentation or revealing Skype as a selling point for you newest console..
But seriously that was an hour wasted for me.

Mentioning Skype as a "cool" feature of the Xbox One is a joke. My 55" Samsung tv has a built in HD webcam with a Skype app, and it does not cost me anything extra. This presentation is probably exciting if you are in the US with all the ESPN and NFL deals, but i'm dutch and over here we don't have any of that. And all that other TV stuff is just useless here. I got a mediabox from my ISP which allows me to watch tv on any device in my house and lets me record 6 programs at the same time so i don't miss anything (not that there is anything worth recording). The only thing it does not have is voice activation and i can not change channels by moving my hands around like a mime. And whats up with that, moving your hands to go to your home screen.. i know i'm probably a bit old fashion but WTF ever happened to a simple home button on the controller.

I'm a real gamer, and i think most of the xbox users are too, and i don't care about all that multimedia crap on my console. I got enough other device for that. I want games, really awesome games. And MS just did not show them. Yeah they will give us those at E3, but come on... you're showing of the coolest new gaming device in the world (if i need to believe MS) without showing any games.. Fail!. Ok Forza looks promising, but no actual gameplay. You let EA come on stage showing of games that will be on PS4 too, which don't even look that impressive if you ask me, and again showing no real gameplay. And end with COD as your big game selling point, which again is multiplatform. MS showed nothing for us gamers to really drool on or get excited about.

From a gamers perspective Sony looks a lot more interesting at the moment, but i hope MS (and Sony as well) got something cool for us in store at E3.

Rating 2/10.

Collecting free bitcoin @ https://freebitco.in/?r=5970871

6/10, no games shown but this was expected cause they've been saying for so long that they are saving games for E3. Otherwise, it has some pretty cool functions and was very fast.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Chandler said:
They showed nothing of interest for me. So yes, everything I wanted. 10/10

??

XD!!!

4/10. Too much focus on Kinect and multimedia, which overall does not interest me. I did like the Forza and the Quantum Break stuff they showed off, looked pretty good.

One of the worst, most boring presentations I've ever seen, beaten only by Sony06 and that one with wiii Music.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android