By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - How would you rate the Microsoft Conference? Everything you wanted?

the box design is boring as hell, but at least not as ugly as the PS3 design

Around the Network

Xbox One/10

I was admittedly excited for it, but then I was completely underwhelmed by the entire event.

spaceguy said:
Doesn't everyone notice that everyone that giving it a low rating has their playstation tag on their sig. C'mon. You can't be that biased.

And everyone that is praising it, is having an XBOX sig... So much about "bias".

My take on whole thing is that it's an VCR box with kinect, that will play an occasional game.  Since I live in Europe, 90% of services shown today won't work here... So from my perspective this is a solid 2/10. I buy a console to play games on it. Not to watch netflix, not to wave in front of it, not to exercise with it... Netflix, Hulu... don't work here, and for that I have my HTPC anyway, for exercising I have a gym membership. 

9/10. Not 10/10 because, they did not show enough games :)
Now it was expected and Microsoft told us about that... I'm so excited about the E3 now!
15 exclusives and we are going to see few new IPs for sure; that's awesome.

think-man said:
5/10 boring and I hate the name "Xbox one"

Call of duty - cant stand it, so listening to them ramble about it for ten mins was a bore.

Forza looks kool

So does the other new IP

Let down :( I remember having heart palpitations watching Sonys conferences, I found myself fading away watching tv more than once while watching xbox conference :/

Hum at first I was like "WTF" about the name...
But I think it is not bad after all. At least, I prefer it over the fake name of Xbox Infinite !

Around the Network

Being a PS gamer.. i was a bit nervous that MS would blow away PS presentation with games and more games at E3. But even as gamer from opposite camp I feel bad for Xbox gamer for this reveal... As being a non US resident myself nothing showed was of use for me..

• DVR funtionality will not working outside US at launch (confirmed my MS)
  • No gameplay videos. 
  • was excited about remedy's game quantum break sounded like heavy rain.. but the integration with a TV series put me off
  • 3 sports games out 4 are only played in US
  • they showed the box... But what about the GPU and CPU spec
  • Any thing about Xbox live 2.0 and its feature
  • 15 exclusive games in the work for xbox one... 8 new IP (cool).. But how many of them will be hardcore titles and kInect titles
The only bright Spot in the entire conference was the controller. (which looks a lot like PS3 raven Nyko controller), But even that bright spot didnt last long when i learned that it will still be using replaceable batteries!
Oh and about xbox 1 design.. here is something familiar!

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=160442&page=1#

best thing about it is call of duty, and that cute dog.

Lol @neogaf xD 

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=560500

Nintendo and PC gamer

Absolute crap.

UltimateUnknown said:
Bad. Almost zero gameplay footage. Overwhelming amount of focus on entertainment. At one point I was wondering if this box could even play games anymore. To be honest this was all expected, but I was hoping MS would do better. Anyway I look forward to E3 with hope for the 15 new exclusives that they have.

Sony did the same. most of   itr was tech demo which are useless because graphics fidelty shown in demo are no representation of teh final product taht us consumers get. Great example was killzone 2 debacle at e3 when they announced the ps3. What we got shown compared to what we got as a final product was competely different and no where near as good as what we got shown in taht vide. Hence why i taking the kill zone footage with a grain of salt till  the final product comes out. Hoep it stays the same. Did you pay attention to what they said. This conference was all about teh amchine hence why it was only 1 hour conference not two unlike sony and tehy said e3 will all be about games. Why use up all your tricks when you can savor them to when it coutns at e3 .