By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - How would you rate the Microsoft Conference? Everything you wanted?

4/10. Most of it was not for me at all. All the TV and Football stuff won't work where I'm from. 8 new IP's sounds promising, but we'll see.

Around the Network
Deyon said:
sales2099 said:
Deyon said:

Microsoft's main plan with the Xone is focusing on casuals. You still haven't answerd my question: Why didn't they show their promised new exclusives at the event? They got 15, so they can keep a couple of them till E3.

Because E3 is meant for games you silly goose. They got all the boring stuff out of the way so you can complain now, eat crow later :)

Again, Forza leapfrogging GT and remedy exclusive are enough new reveals to last a couple weeks.

And making an event revealing a videoGAME console is not meant for games? WOW..

Lowering gamer expectations of a gaming console

-brought to you by doritos. :)

It hit exactly what i expected of Microsoft. It was dull, boring and predictable with the mistakes we were all antecipating. I give it a 9/10 on predictability and amusement. As something that should get me interested in their new system i give it a 0/10. My mind is more made up than ever not to get it.

spurgeonryan said:

This being my first conference, I actually thought it was great!

So much better than any Nintendo E3 presentation has been in years. I was so sick of being let down, but Microsoft pulled out a win for me this time!

Only a few games, but they all were pretty decent, especially the news that the "Xbox One" is getting COD Ghosts first.

The Voice and Kinect were really amazing as well, blows the Gamepad out of the water I think.

9/10

I was not that hyped after all the strange rumors over the past few months, but Microsoft turned it all around.

Thank you for not letting me down Microsoft!

It's not getting it first unless it releases first. What is getting is timed-exclusive DLC like it does now on the 360.

Hynad said:
Am I the only one who noticed that Skype phone was staged and not live at all?

It looked very staged and awkward. Not sure if it was really live.

Around the Network

6/10 for me. Everything was pretty cool (although not sure about a Halo TV series), but there was hardly any games and that was the one of the main reasons I watched it. Well, now that I think about it, they had 2 exclusives (Forza and that other one) and the PS meeting had like 4 exclusives.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

I thought it started great! New features, fast system, Skype, new Kinect, confirmed Blu-ray, great speech movement improvements, Snapping, fast switching. So exited.

Then it was sports, sports and more sports. I really don't care about them at all. And more sports! Now fantasy American Football! (Starting to wonder if I should have stayed in bed.)

And a dog. Ugh, another dog? Now it's Fable of Duty? Seriously? How about seeing some other kids of games? Or just other games in general? Even talk about the specs, that would be more interesting that more sports or Dog of Duty.

But the absolute worst part for me is Steven Spielberg's involvement in the Halo TV show. I fear he will dumb it down and ruin it. Ruin it bad he will. Terra Nova - I wanted to like that show cause it had some good actors And dinosaurs, but even that couldn't save it. Seriously, Steven – create your own show!

The Halo service 'Forward Unto Dawn' team was great! They should be doing the show - smart, slick, good acting, and very talented. But no, some guy who used to make good movies runs in and takes over. So very sad about that I am.

So I give it a 5/10 and am no longer a day one buyer. At least with what I have seen so far.

Edit - OK, I calmed down a bit.  Watching some of the tech/what it can do stuff and then it puts it more like a 7.5 or 8/10.  (Still dreading 'Halo Goonies.' - Please, oh, please do not let that happen.!)

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

For me personally?

1/10 - I will play nice and say what I liked. The FIFA bit was mildly interesting.

Too much TV/gesture talk. But I guess the EA Sports + COD combo will overshadow everything else in the papers tomorrow. 

And why is it called Xbox One?