By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony's weak side (portables) outselling Nintendo's (consoles) by 50% in 2013 - We do NOT need to talk about this

why not include 3DS? :)

EDIT: nevermind, you said Wii brand, sorry! o/

Click HERE and be happy 

Around the Network

Doesn't PSP still have a lot of releases out in Japan? I don't know the hell's going on in Europe for numbers to be that high.

Wii is dead everywhere. No there's no need talk about this.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

They're going to need to bring the PSP back to the main page. It's amazing how well it's hanging on. Sony has to be relatively pleased how well it's performing in some markets.

I'm a bit surprised that the Wii isn't bigger in those same markets, the way the PS2 was for many years. Does Nintendo push hard in developing countries?

What is there to talk about ? I don't quite understand the actual hypothesis of this experiment.

pokoko said:
They're going to need to bring the PSP back to the main page. It's amazing how well it's hanging on. Sony has to be relatively pleased how well it's performing in some markets.

I'm a bit surprised that the Wii isn't bigger in those same markets, the way the PS2 was for many years. Does Nintendo push hard in developing countries?

I think Nintendo's a bit too small for branches out in the middle of nowhere. Where Sony is likely to have wider market connections.

I mean they can't even take care of 3 regions right, how do you expect them to take care of all of them?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Around the Network
Otakumegane said:
pokoko said:

I think Nintendo's a bit too small for branches out in the middle of nowhere. Where Sony is likely to have wider market connections.

I mean they can't even take care of 3 regions right, how do you expect them to take care of all of them?

Partnerships.  I know they don't have the shipping connections of someone like Sony, but they can team up with worldwide retailers like Amazon ... oh, yeah.

Eh.  Maybe you're right.  I do get the feeling that Nintendo is missing out some additional sales for the Wii, though.

Didn't VITA already have 2 Christmas periods? So technically it did not release last year.

pezus said:
Demensha said:
What is there to talk about ? I don't quite understand the actual hypothesis of this experiment.

There is no actual hypothesis here. Just numbers thrown on the table with a conclusion that you are free to talk about as you wish.

My two cents: This is really a testament to Sony's amazing ability to sell their consoles seemingly forever in developing markets. Those markets are the single reason why Sony consoles are most often undertracked of all consoles here and why Sony consoles are so often underestimated. I just remember the DS vs. PS2 debates...

Ya Nintendo has never heavily pushed developing markets or even Europe outside of Wii. Not sure why they could prolly benefit alot from it.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

pokoko said:

Partnerships.  I know they don't have the shipping connections of someone like Sony, but they can team up with worldwide retailers like Amazon ... oh, yeah.

Eh.  Maybe you're right.  I do get the feeling that Nintendo is missing out some additional sales for the Wii, though.

Of course they are!

OT: No, not really. The Wii has close to no support, while the PSP has support (still) in Japan. The Vita and Wii U are so close it's kind of scary. They're both bad, no two ways about that!

Yeah and 3DS vs PS3+ PS2 is almost the same as well. I am not sure these sales for old consoles are the best benefit for Sony though, because they risk losing out on sales for upcoming more important sales.