By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - EA Sports Engineer: Wii U is crap, less powerful than 360. No money for 3rd parties.

WagnerPaiva said:
Darc Requiem said:
The CPU is a completely different architecture. It's a OoE CPU. I'ts not an apples to apples comparison. The 360 CPU and the Cell were exceptional at number crunching but highly inefficient at everything else.  What's happening with the Wii U is quite simple. Developers are slapping code optimized for the 360 and PS3 onto the Wii U without the necessarily optimizations.

I did not know that. So I guess we will never know how powerful it really is =/

Oh we will know. It's just that it will likely be a Nintendo developed game that shows what the hardware is capable of. My bet is on Retro's next game

Around the Network
Darc Requiem said:
WagnerPaiva said:
Darc Requiem said:
The CPU is a completely different architecture. It's a OoE CPU. I'ts not an apples to apples comparison. The 360 CPU and the Cell were exceptional at number crunching but highly inefficient at everything else.  What's happening with the Wii U is quite simple. Developers are slapping code optimized for the 360 and PS3 onto the Wii U without the necessarily optimizations.

I did not know that. So I guess we will never know how powerful it really is =/

Oh we will know. It's just that it will likely be a Nintendo developed game that shows what the hardware is capable of. My bet is on Retro's next game

I swear to god that 6 months ago I was dreaming about buying a WiiU to play the best version of Aliens Colonial Marines man, that game was supposed to be amazing, what a bummer the way that thing turned out.

But, it will be interesting to see what happens when NINTENDO releases a game that looks next gen.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

WagnerPaiva said:
snowdog said:
I think it really depends on the task. Devs might have a hard time porting games that are relying heavily on the CPU, as I imagine that the low clocking out of order CPU needs a different approach than the high clocking in order CPUs PS360 used - especially as the latter ones have more threats than WiiUs CPU. On the GPU front however the WiiU should easily be able to outperform 7th gen consoles, yet devs ofcourse have way more experience with what's in the old consoles, so it might be tougher than expected to imidiatly get results that reflect this difference in raw power.

Yup, agreed.

The most interesting thing that the majority of people are unaware of is that thanks to Nintendo's forward thinking with regards to architecture developers are going to find it a great deal easier to port between the Wii U/PS4/720 than it currently is to port between the Wii U/PS3/360.

And even the difference in RAM is going to be somewhat negated by having Wii U titles in 720p native as opposed to 1080p native and Nintendo's insane compression algorithms. We're probably going to have to wait 4 years before we see games too 'big' for the Wii U and by that time we'll be very close to seeing the Wii 3 on the market anyway.

I guess I will sound naive, but, don´t you guys think that NINTENDO made a mistake with the slow CPU then? If it was a little, just a tiny bit, better than the PS3 and 360, everybody would be happy and dancing the marcarena while porting the games.

It is such a small detail to mess it up, but it makes a world of a difference. If I worked at Nintendo I would have said this:

"FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, NOTHING ON THE WIIU CAN BE WORST THAN THE PS3 AND 360, DID YOU HEARD ME? NOTHING! NOTHIN I TELL YOU! NOTHING!!!! MUWAHAHAHH!"

They would probably have me comitted as a crazy person, but... Well...

The CPU is only a problem at first glance. Expresso only has a 4 stage pipeline, the CPU in the PS4 has 17 stages. Both are clocked under 2GHz too.

Due to the odd design decisions by Sony and Microsoft last gen you will indeed have developers doing some optimisation work to switch floating point work from the CPU to the GPU when working on cross-generational titles but the same thing applies to the PS4 and 720 too. This gen though, once publishers drop PS3 and 360 development, developers will have a much easier time porting between all 3 current gen consoles.

What's the big deal? Nintendo is no friend to the adult gamer; Nintendo has always been loyal to children and families; this only really changed with the GameCube hence why it's the only Nintendo product I ever purchased when I grew up.

That's just the operative phrase here people; GROWING UP. If you're over 15 years old and you still play kiddie games like Mario you deserve to have your head checked. Trust me; I'm a trained psychologist with a Masters degree. I'll do it for free.

Again, Nintendo is no friend to gamers and is certainly no friend to the gaming industry. Be happy someone has the steel to finally say it.

~Mod Edit~

This post has been moderated.

-Smeags

reggin_bolas said:
What's the big deal? Nintendo is no friend to the adult gamer; Nintendo has always been loyal to children and families; this only really changed with the GameCube hence why it's the only Nintendo product I ever purchased when I grew up.

That's just the operative phrase here people; GROWING UP. If you're over 15 years old and you still play kiddie games like Mario you deserve to have your head checked. Trust me; I'm a trained psychologist with a Masters degree. I'll do it for free.

Again, Nintendo is no friend to gamers and is certainly no friend to the gaming industry. Be happy someone has the steel to finally say it.

wow, you nailed it man, keep fighting the good fight

Around the Network
reggin_bolas said:

Parody post?
Troll post?
Ignorant, elitist, immature gamer?

I'm hoping for the first though my Doctorate in Psychologcal Ego Analysis of Man Children from BSU suggests one of the two latters.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Since everyone is a tech. expert answer me this where do you work as a software engineer? Just for my own curiosity.

Without order nothing can exist - without chaos nothing can evolve.

"I don't debate, I just give you that work"- Ji99saw

reggin_bolas said:

100% bullshit now carry on with your sad life spreading lies to look cool on the internet

reggin_bolas said:

Totally agree with you; what sane adult would play a game where there's no guns, blood, sex, swearing or a deep storyline. And more, playing a colorful cartoony game, lol, I would be ashamed of myself. Can't wait for the next Call of Duty! It's gonna be awesome bro!

Luck said:
reggin_bolas said:

Totally agree with you; what sane adult would play a game where there's no guns, blood, sex, swearing or a deep storyline. And more, playing a colorful cartoony game, lol, I would be ashamed of myself. Can't wait for the next Call of Duty! It's gonna be awesome bro!

/s?