By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Can Naughty Dog change the industry twice in one generation?

Can Naughty Dog change the industry with TLoU?

Yes 197 61.18%

No 95 29.50%

See results 30 9.32%

Total:322
Roma said:

I didn't know they changed the industry in the first place lol

as for them doing it this time for the first time? maybe who knows

They set the bar for story telling and character interaction. Nathan Drake is one of the most charasmatic and likeable character created this generation and nobody has been able to replicate it since except for the first section of Tomb Raider. 

Around the Network
hollabackenny said:
Here is the problem. You have someone making a bold statement stating that UC(2) changed the industry, then when people don't agree with said statement or question how it changed the industry they are suddenly derailing the thread and get reported.

Personally I don't think UC set a standard in the industry like COD has, but TLOU could do that with the survival genre. Only time will tell.

No need to start threads you know will start arguments about a game that isn't out yet.

This!  It really is a bait and switch, and quite frankly, unfair to not expect people to react.

Yes they can. Soon we will have clickers in every game and have little children as sidekicks.

Well, "changing the industry" to me is more like what Mario did to save the industry, and what Ocarina of Time did to revolutionize gaming. Also whatever brought about using touch screens for gaming into popularity also changed the industry.

I don't exactly know what else I would consider having the "industry changed." So I guess I would go with no.
I'm sure it'll influence the industry in some way, but I think things will remain more or less the same in terms of the industry.

It really doesn't matter. The game looks to be a masterpiece regardless of whether or not other developers will copy them.