By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GT5 passes Halo Reach in global lifetime sales!

Also @ Jaywood.

How in the world is this thread a bad idea? You made a similar thread comparing Halo 4 to God of War, Gears of War and a bunch of other irrelevant games. This thread is infinitely times more relevant than your thread.

Tell me why this thread is bad and your thread comparing Halo 4 with other games is good. I know the answers, but I want to hear your reasoning.

I'm talking about this thread btw:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=158337&page=1#

You compared it with Super Mario 3D Land for crying out loud!

Around the Network
Jay520 said:

Also @ Jaywood.

How in the world is this thread a bad idea? You made a similar thread comparing Halo 4 to God of War, Gears of War and a bunch of other irrelevant games. This thread is infinitely times more relevant than your thread.

Tell me why this thread is bad and your thread comparing Halo 4 with other games is good. I know the answers, but I want to hear your reasoning.

I'm talking about this thread btw:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=158337&page=1#

You compared it with Super Mario 3D Land for crying out loud!

My halo 4 thread is not comparing it to one specific game.  It is to see how far it climbs.  Next on the list is Mario 3D Land.  I know you are more intelligent than that Jay.

JayWood2010 said:

My halo 4 thread is not comparing it to one specific game.  It is to see how far it climbs.  Next on the list is Mario 3D Land.  I know you are more intelligent than that Jay.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=158024

Explain.

Carl2291 said:
JayWood2010 said:

Let's be honest about things.  This thread was a bad idea.  Go ahead and ignore my comparison  as well as the other 20 comparisons in this thread.  No big deal.

The only reason to put GT vs Halo is to get a rise out of people.

Okay, lets be honest JayWood.

Firstly, I will ignore all the stupid comparisons (From both sides of the argument), because theyre irrelevant.

Secondly, your post in this thread was the first controversial post. You were the first one to go completely off topic. You were the one who started the silly comparisons. Now thats out of the way, I think the actual comparison itself was bullshit and baiting. You didnt regard anything in the OP, you just deflected the topic away from what it was intended to be (GT5, Reach, H3) because you didnt like the outcome. You were biased in your explanations too before you edited them out (Im assuming you edited it to make yourself seem "unbiased").

Now, be honest.

Do you admit that your completely irrelevant off topic comparison post is just there to fan the flames and goad people in to attacking it?

Ill fully admit that my post was taking the piss out of everyone who fell for the OPs obvious trap. Now come on, its your turn. "Lets be honest".

Edit:

JayWood2010 said:

No lol  First off tell me why Halo and GT is pitted against one another?  Be honest here.

Also tell me why he chooses a game that isn't the top selling Halo?  It would be a little more news worthy if it was  Halo 3

Halo is the 360's biggest exclusive franchise. Gran Turismo is the PS3s biggest exclusive franchise.

Halo Reach and Gran Turismo 5 released within 2 Months of eachother. 

Halo 3 is directly mentioned in the OP you quite clearly havent read.

YOu are one of the same people who try and tell me how Im thinking every time I comment when in reality you know nothing about me.  

Go to my wall or PM me rather than quoting me all the time because you, Jay, and Hynad are the three people who follow me everywhere I go.  None of you all rarely make a good point about anything you say.  And I find it funny when you all act like you all are innocent yet you all have contributed to this thread just as much as the people you all point fingers at.

JayWood2010 said:

You could say that's the exact same as this thread. Except the only difference is that it's only comparing GT5 to HD exclusives. Therefore, the only games left for it pass are Halo Reach and Halo 3. You're only assuming the OP has intentions to start a flame-war, when it's actually an innocent comparison. I know you are more intelligent than that Jay.

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
JayWood2010 said:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=158024

Explain.

Simple.  Two weeks within release.  Two games that get compared every day for the similarities of GoW.  Both are also very similar in sells thoughout.  Both are prequels.  Both before next-gen.  Both score similar.  They share a lot in common with eachother.

I also predicted Ascension to outsell Judgement which you probably ignored that part lol

Wow, only one ban so far. Guys, there was a funny discussion, based on some bad comparisons, but some posts had to be countered (GT5:P adding sales to GT5 and the arguing about bundling) but did it have to go this far? Of course some threads get off-topic, it's usual and sometimes not even but in some threads, but I think this is too much. Keep yourself calm and watch your tone, it was a good (meaning: not ban-worthy) thread until recently.

JayWood2010 said:

Simple.  Two weeks within release.  Two games that get compared every day for the similarities of GoW.  Both are also very similar in sells thoughout.  Both are prequels.  They share a lot in common with eachother.

I also predicted Ascension to outsell Judgement which you probably ignored that part lol

And now you have your answer for why GT5 and Reach are being compared.

Simple.  Two months within release.  Two games that get compared every day for the similarities of being their console's biggest exclusives.  Both are also very similar in sales thoughout. Both have (or were) considered to be the best of their respective genres. They share a lot in common with each other.

JayWood2010 said:

YOu are one of the same people who try and tell me how Im thinking every time I comment when in reality you know nothing about me.  

Go to my wall or PM me rather than quoting me all the time because you, Jay, and Hynad are the three people who follow me everywhere I go.  None of you all rarely make a good point about anything you say.  And I find it funny when you all act like you all are innocent yet you all have contributed to this thread just as much as the people you all point fingers at.

Please stay on topic. This thread isn't about conspiracy theories. Please respond to the points made against you by Carl.

JayWood2010 said:

Did you see my contribution to the thread? DId you even read the post you just quoted?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5347442

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5347466

As you can see, I saw the OP for what it was. I have actually played and own both of these games and I didnt post a stupid comparison table that had nothing to do with the thread at hand. 

Its nothing personal, so dont take it personally. Its not an attack on you. I did the same thing with VGKing a few weeks back and he did the exact same thing youre doing now. He took it personally and went on to make a thread about it. Now, you wanted to be honest so be honest. Answer the question that you just ignored.

Do you admit that your completely irrelevant off topic comparison post is just there to fan the flames and goad people in to attacking it?

JayWood2010 said:

Simple.  Two weeks within release.  Two games that get compared every day for the similarities of GoW.  Both are also very similar in sells thoughout.  Both are prequels.  They share a lot in common with eachother.

Jay520 pretty much stole my reply to this, so yeah. Just look at his post.

What you predicted is irrelevant. Its not the prediction that matters, its the thread at hand and how its proving the hypocrisy of your previous comments. You say the only reason to put a GT vs Halo comparison is to get a rise out of people... Then surely, a Gears of War vs God of War comparison will do the same. Both big exclusives for the respective platform that both sides will fight over.

You cant complain about provocative threads when you yourself make provocative threads.