By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GT5 passes Halo Reach in global lifetime sales!

dsgrue3 said:
Sales2099 is the king on nonsensical comparisons.

Have you already forgotten his infamous sig that I made fun of through usage of argumentum ad absurdum?

He isn't being nonsensical or absurd at all.  He said there is no right or wrong answer.  Just because you don't agree with him doesn't mean he is wrong.  People's views are not always the same.

Around the Network
JayWood2010 said:
dsgrue3 said:

Have you already forgotten his infamous sig that I made fun of through usage of argumentum ad absurdum?

He isn't being nonsensical or absurd at all.  He said there is no right or wrong answer.  Just because you don't agree with him doesn't mean he is wrong.  People's views are not always the same.

You've already lost all credibility and are in a close second to Sales2099 at this point.

You compared 6 individual Halo games to 1 PS3 Game, a prologue, and for some reason included a PSP game (lol?)

Clearly you do not understand what an equal comparison looks like.

dsgrue3 said:

Oh please, randomly spewing that I make no sense doesnt make it true. I have a perspective, nothing more. Your attitude towards it makes me feel sorry for you. I enver get personal, as I have standards. I hope you understand that one day.

Comparing FIFA 06 to GT5, thats nonsenical. Comparing Crysis to Mario Galaxy, thats non sensical. Comparing COD lifetime sales throughout the generation to  Journey sales.

Please redefine to yourself what nonsensical means. Again, what I have is a perspective you disagree with. You laughably try to sell short my words.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

walsufnir said:
think-man said:
JayWood2010 said:
think-man said:
JayWood2010 said:
think-man said:

Jaywood lol Halo is heavily bundled aswell you know xD cmon man

lol Halo 4 has yet to recieve a bundle besides the collector edition which is geared for people who was going to buy the game anyways.  I can't remember any halo game getting Bundles year in and out.  Ive said it in numerous threads that every 1st party game gets bundled but GT gets bundle multiple times a year along with InFamous 1 or 2 and one of the uncharted games

This thread will explode soon but let's be honest about things.  Halo sold 40m in 6 years on X360 alone.  PS3 sold 17m in 5 years.  

Halo has always been bundled in my country, so has gran turismo.

http://www.thewarehouse.co.nz/red/catalog/product/Xbox-360-250GB-Standard-Holiday-Value-Bundle?SKU=1658972

Dude you live in New Zealand......Halo is an American, UK, European game. That is where it is popular.  Look up ratailers like gamestop, amazon, and walmart in the U.S.  That will give you a better idea of what is going on with Halo.

Hmm just sort of wondering what this is then?

http://shopper.cnet.com/consoles/microsoft-xbox-360-s/4014-10109_9-35159424.html

http://www.gamespot.com/news/forza-3-halo-3-odst-xbox-360-elite-bundle-confirmed-6253003

http://www.examiner.com/article/halo-reach-xbox-360-s-bundle-coming-soon

Yes, time-limited bundles.

GT5 (which I found instantly via google pics):

JayWood2010 said:

Considering youre still here, arguing about what is and isnt absurd. Answer me.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5349025

Around the Network
dsgrue3 said:
JayWood2010 said:
dsgrue3 said:

You've already lost all credibility and are in a close second to Sales2099 at this point.

You compared 6 individual Halo games to 1 PS3 Game, a prologue, and for some reason included a PSP game (lol?)

Not that I am saying Jay is not credible, but if he said the world is round, credibility issues aside, he is still right ;)

Some things arent fair, and to try to make it fair only means your trying to twist and create a comparison from chaos, no better then what I or he is trying to do. There is nothing wrong with comparing IP to IP sales. Your perspective is ok too.

Its called perspective and different opinions.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

dsgrue3 said:
JayWood2010 said:
dsgrue3 said:

Think what you want. There is multiple takes you can take on this.  

Carl2291 said:
JayWood2010 said:

Considering youre still here, arguing about what is and isnt absurd. Answer me.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5349025

I'm not argueing.  I dont think sales deserves to be called out for what he said when he really didnt say anything wrong.

JayWood2010 said:

I'm not argueing.  I dont think sales deserves to be called out for what he said when he really didnt say anything wrong.

You still havent answered the question. Why are you avoiding the question?

sales2099 said:
dsgrue3 said:
JayWood2010 said:
dsgrue3 said:

Not that I am saying Jay is not credible, but if he said the world is round, credibility issues aside, he is still right ;)

Some things arent fair, and to try to make it fair only means your trying to twist and create a comparison from chaos, no better then what I or he is trying to do. There is nothing wrong with comparing IP to IP sales. Your perspective is ok too.

Its called perspective and different opinions.

No it's about forming valid comparisons.

You are cherry-picking sales - i.e. chosing an arbitrary time frame to reference the sales of an entire franchise whose sales extrend well beyond that specific time frame.

History does not end when you say it does, nor are sales that occurred prior to this generation obsolete.

If you want to do a franchise comparison, do one...but the valid one is one that doesn't cherry pick.

GT Franchise - 67.69

Halo Franchise -55.88

Now if you want to compare specific games, you do that in the appropriate way - by comparing their entire history.

i.e. GT5 sales vs. Forza 3 sales.

NOT 2012 GT5 sales vs 2012 Forza: Horizon sales

Do you understand yet, cherry picker?