By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - EA tells Kotaku that it has zero titles in development for the Wii U

Tagged games:

Arcturus said:
Ronster316 said:

And now they have completely abandoned Nintendo.

SCREW YOU EA.......... arrogant tossers.

So these types of comments are allowed now?

Where have you been the last few weeks? Only defending EA is a crime here nowadays.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:

I should clarify that the ban is not that actual post, but that Dodece's been running this same line for like two weeks straight. Fair to say we're all quite sick of it.

So is this a ban for spamming? Then there are quite a lot of people in here that need to be banned as well. In fact you have peen saying pretty much the same thing in every EA vs Nintendo thread yourself. How is it ok to defend Nintendo and not EA? You know there might actually be people that like them...

I say you should say away from ea threads (or at least not do moderation in them) since you tend to get rather emotional when this topic comes up.

Euphoria14 said:
Mr Khan said:
Euphoria14 said:
Mr Khan said:
orniletter said:
and the usual suspects are cheering...expected !

I said before. The people backing EA in this know exactly who they are and exactly what they're doing.

An admission of honesty from them would also be refreshing. "I want to see Nintendo fail and will rationalize third parties' efforts to that end."

Simple, to the point, and we won't have these endless threads that go nowhere fighting all these people with their "rational business" claims.

Go ahead. Tell me what exactly am I doing? Shouldn't be too tough since you're already here trying to make us look like shit for not agreeing with a conspiracy claim with no facts to back it up.

You tell Dodece that he has been spreading filth in threads. Well, what do you call this post you just wrote?

I also said that some of you are good posters believing in some unfortunate misconceptions. Most of them, however, are the "know what they're doing" people.

So then do us all a favor and prove how we are believing in some unfortunate misconceptions.

Prove to us how your conspiracy claim is truth. You come into these threads all the time and have been doing so for weeks and have yet to prove how yours is anything more than a "unfortunate misconception".

You can't just claim our views and thoughts are wrong simply because you don't like them. They hold much more water than a claim of butt hurt execs hating Nintendo and trying to destroy them.

Do you ignore everything posted about EA's history? Of the malice and ass-arrogance of the company voted worst in America two years running? Did you not read Ronster's comment?

EA has a history of doing this. They declared unprecedented support on-stage at E3 2011, then came out with shit-all for launch in 2012, self-sabotaged games that were designed to sell poorly (with only Need for Speed having a modicum of effort put in).

I just don't see how anyone could think that EA was actually trying their best to make games for Wii U that would sell, again, outside of NFS (which had zero promotion from EA).

EA's record is against it. It's *your* argument that holds no water. We are right, you are wrong, most of the people on your side of the argument are just trolling, and the discussion ends here.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:
Euphoria14 said:

So then do us all a favor and prove how we are believing in some unfortunate misconceptions.

Prove to us how your conspiracy claim is truth. You come into these threads all the time and have been doing so for weeks and have yet to prove how yours is anything more than a "unfortunate misconception".

You can't just claim our views and thoughts are wrong simply because you don't like them. They hold much more water than a claim of butt hurt execs hating Nintendo and trying to destroy them.

Do you ignore everything posted about EA's history? Of the malice and ass-arrogance of the company voted worst in America two years running? Did you not read Ronster's comment?

EA has a history of doing this. They declared unprecedented support on-stage at E3 2011, then came out with shit-all for launch in 2012, self-sabotaged games that were designed to sell poorly (with only Need for Speed having a modicum of effort put in).

I just don't see how anyone could think that EA was actually trying their best to make games for Wii U that would sell, again, outside of NFS (which had zero promotion from EA).

EA's record is against it. It's *your* argument that holds no water. We are right, you are wrong, most of the people on your side of the argument are just trolling, and the discussion ends here.

I cant belive you actually wrote this... 

This reads "Everyone that sees thing's differently from me is wrong and is a troll". Your a mod for gods sake.

Mr Khan said:
Talal said:

Is this really worse than claiming that anyone on EA's side hates Nintendo and wants them to fail?

I don't understand the ban really.

I should clarify that the ban is not that actual post, but that Dodece's been running this same line for like two weeks straight. Fair to say we're all quite sick of it.

Honestly I think banning him was the right move to make. Now I'm no advocate of Nintendo's business plans as I'm sure you are aware, but yeah, he was stirring shit something fierce so good call. 

Around the Network
huiii said:
Mr Khan said:
Euphoria14 said:

I cant belive you actually wrote this... 

This reads "Everyone that sees thing's differently from me is wrong". Your a mod for gods sake.

Not everyone, just this. I would admit that those who suggest 3rd parties avoid Nintendo (a position i disagree with) may have some merit to their arguments, but this, this thing with EA, this is different. This is maliciousness, this is bullying, this is blatantly obvious, and no-one has any good reason to be on EA's side in this.

It's like SOPA. There are some things that are just so egregious that one side has absolutely no leg to stand on whatsoever.

UncleScrooge said:
Mazty said:
UncleScrooge said:

So basically you have no proof that EA would irrationally throw away profit to spite Nintendo. 

*Learn what the hypocratic oath is...*

I'm not insulting you, I'm telling you the truth. It's clear that you don't understand how big businesses run or think and are making wholly unfounded statements. Also, learn what Occam's Razor is. It's obvious that EA aren't making games for the Wii U because it's not profitable - look at Madden. 

Again, I'm saying we need journalism to find out what really happened between the two. In fact I went on record on this forum saying Nintendo probably screwed this up and not EA. This is not about sales. You don't go from "unprecedented partnership" to "The Wii U is last gen" over the course of some months. Well, if it 'is' about sales EA's analysis truly sucked the first time. Talk about the most simple explanation. 

At the bolded stuff: Isn't this getting a tiny bit overboard now? You've never met me before. 

Edit: At the second bolded part... did you just...? Seriously are you pulling my leg?

42 people playing Madden.
Low Wii U sales.

Why isn't the above enough for you? Business is all about sales....Do you have any proof this incident is not about sales? No. EA probably spoke too soon about their partnership but honestly what they are doing seems entirely logical. Why invest in a console that is not selling and well be horrifically underpowered in 7 months compared to the competition? Think about the time it'd take to train people, concept ideas etc etc. It's just not worth it. 

I've never met you sure, but it's quite obvious by the way you are clamiming business decisions are emotive and not financial. Also if you knew what Occam's Razor was, than surely you wouldn't be demanding investigation?

Mr Khan said:

Of course Khan, you are right. No way at all can Nintendo have any fault in any of this, it's all EA. Poor victims they are. Must be why plenty of other studios are making nothing for the WiiU. Yes, my argument holds no water. EA games haven't sold like crap. Nintendo haven't been total douches to 3rd parties for years. I know you like to talk about history. Ever take a look at Nintendo's? No need to though, because I am still of the belief that this is a business decision and not some emotional raging of the execs spanning years or because Nintendo won't make origin the WiiU online service. There is nothing to support that other than people thinking that is the case.

Indeed the discussion ends here. There truly is no discussions to be had with you. You clearly choose to believe your opinion is right and that everyone who's opinion does not mirror your own are wrong and most likely trolling. (Once again, great job shitting on the community)

Yes, what EA did years ago prove what possibly went down with Nintendo and EA, even though we still aren't even sure what actually went down between them or if anything actually did go down between them. If something did however go down, we still have no idea who is at fault. Is it Nintendo? Is it EA? Nobody knows this at all. Nobody can and nobody will. Still, you are of course right because you have articles from years ago that prove what transpired, even though they are completely unrelated to the current situation.

So if I am wrong because you say so then so be it.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Mazty said:
UncleScrooge said:
Mazty said:
UncleScrooge said:

So basically you have no proof that EA would irrationally throw away profit to spite Nintendo. 

*Learn what the hypocratic oath is...*

I'm not insulting you, I'm telling you the truth. It's clear that you don't understand how big businesses run or think and are making wholly unfounded statements. Also, learn what Occam's Razor is. It's obvious that EA aren't making games for the Wii U because it's not profitable - look at Madden. 

Again, I'm saying we need journalism to find out what really happened between the two. In fact I went on record on this forum saying Nintendo probably screwed this up and not EA. This is not about sales. You don't go from "unprecedented partnership" to "The Wii U is last gen" over the course of some months. Well, if it 'is' about sales EA's analysis truly sucked the first time. Talk about the most simple explanation. 

At the bolded stuff: Isn't this getting a tiny bit overboard now? You've never met me before. 

Edit: At the second bolded part... did you just...? Seriously are you pulling my leg?

42 people playing Madden.
Low Wii U sales.

Why isn't the above enough for you? Business is all about sales....Do you have any proof this incident is not about sales? No. EA probably spoke too soon about their partnership but honestly what they are doing seems entirely logical. Why invest in a console that is not selling and well be horrifically underpowered in 7 months compared to the competition? Think about the time it'd take to train people, concept ideas etc etc. It's just not worth it. 

I've never met you sure, but it's quite obvious by the way you are clamiming business decisions are emotive and not financial. Also if you knew what Occam's Razor was, than surely you wouldn't be demanding investigation?

Occam's Razor suggests that EA would at least be offering the same token support they've offered Nintendo consoles from the beginning, as the simplest outcome would be maintanence of the status quo; poor support, but support.

That EA has changed that suggests that something extraordinary occurred. Which there is copious evidence for outside the realm of sales.

Euphoria14 said:
Mr Khan said:

Of course Khan, you are right. No way at all can Nintendo have any fault in any of this, it's all EA. Poor victims they are. Must be why plenty of other studios are making nothing for the WiiU. Yes, my argument holds no water. EA games haven't sold like crap. Nintendo haven't been total douches to 3rd parties for years. I know you like to talk about history. Ever take a look at Nintendo's?

Indeed the discussion ends here. There truly is no discussions to be had with you. You clearly choose to believe your opinion is right and that everyone who's opinion does not mirror your own are wrong and most likely trolling. (Once again, great job shitting on the community)

Yes, what EA did years ago prove what possibly went down with Nintendo and EA, even though we still aren't even sure what actually went down between them or if anything actually did go down between them. If something did however go down, we still have no idea who is at fault. Is it Nintendo? Is it EA? Nobody knows this at all. Nobody can and nobody will. Still, you are of course right because you have articles from years ago that prove what transpired, even though they are completely unrelated to the current situation.

So if I am wrong because you say so then so be it.

Exactly this! How can anyone be so adamant they are right in this discussion when there are no facts available. Both sides ultimately have equal merit, because both sides are pure speculation.

PSN: Osc89

NNID: Oscar89