By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Stock goes BOOM AGAIN! : Up nearly 10%

Wow...everything is poised for Sony to win next gen.....which makes me even more anxious to see what Microsoft has in store

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
NEET said:
When the fiscal statements where released Sony stock did drop pretty heavily but did recover fairly fast, has Sony announced anything or any rumors circling that would explain the spike?

The unveling was enough. It will spike even further at E3 I am sure. Once the media gets ahold of the PS4 and is theres a positive reaction at E3 the stock will rise. Popularity in sales will help as well.

I doubt investors even care about E3. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Sony shares hit 22$ today (UP17%)

Sh1nn said:

Sony shares hit 22$ today (UP15%)

Damn another huge increase.

LOL... Kowenicki's post is hilarious now.

MoHasanie said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
NEET said:
When the fiscal statements where released Sony stock did drop pretty heavily but did recover fairly fast, has Sony announced anything or any rumors circling that would explain the spike?

The unveling was enough. It will spike even further at E3 I am sure. Once the media gets ahold of the PS4 and is theres a positive reaction at E3 the stock will rise. Popularity in sales will help as well.

I doubt investors even care about E3. 

Well...I don't know about Microsoft, but I know Sony and Nintendo investors care about their gaming sector. E3 moreso during console unveilings will be a huge draw for non-gaming media. The news always covers new consoles.

Around the Network
Max King of the Wild said:
Sh1nn said:

Nah, it has to be the Yen. Has he ever been wrong before?

pezus said:
MoHasanie said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Kaz vs. expectations

LOL! Last night I was reading through this thread on my phone while watching the Bulls vs Heat at the bar and I stopped on this post because it was the last one in the thread. My wife picked up my phone to check the time and she is deathly afriad of snakes. She flipped out at the bar

Last time it was above 22 was Feb last year

kowenicki said:
naruball said:
Max King of the Wild said:
Sh1nn said:

Nah, it has to be the Yen. Has he ever been wrong before?

it is the yen

you people are the ones that are hilarious.

you people? whats that suppose to mean?

kowenicki said:
pezus said:
MoHasanie said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
MoHasanie said:

Wow, that's great!
Why do articles keep mentioning the PS4's release as something good for Sony? It will just bring down the gaming divisions already small profits. 

Sony's shareholders realize that gaming isn't a threat to their wellbeing. In fact the gaming sector of the Playstation brand earned its place amongst the skeptics in the mid 90's. PS4's good press is making investors happy. Where Sony fails outside, their gaming sector shines. I just think they need to drop the PSP and they'll be fine.

But you do realize that the PS3 lost Sony a lot of money and I'm sure investors weren't happy about that. Investors don't care if its the TV division or the games division that's losing money, they just want Sony to make their unprofitable divisions profitable. 

Also, I doubt investors optimism is due to the PS4's good press. If investors cared so much about the PS4, then we would've seen big share price gains after the announcement but we didn't. Investors are happy because the yen is falling, and Sony has become profitable again. 

Sony actually said in their fiscal year results that they expect game sales to dramatically increase due to the introduction of the PS4. I'm sure that means at least something to some investors.

OT:

Kaz vs. expectations

The day Kaz took over the Stock price was..... 20.90

Today it is 18.89.

Perspective.

The recent rally is good news, but it has FAR more to do with Japanese government intervention that anythig else.  Sony is a massive exporter and stands to gain much more from a weakened yen than most other companies.

But I'd rather talk to prof about this kind of stuff, he understands it better and can remain as objective as I can.

20.60 now? so perspective Kaz messed it up by around 2$ in your eyes. How is 30 cents?