By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Stock goes BOOM AGAIN! : Up nearly 10%

It's positive. That's what matters considering the deep hole they were shoveling themselves out.

Yes the yen helped but to keep yapping on as if the yen is the only thing that helped turned the corner is just taking credit away from Sony's real success.

The xperia phones has been a huge success and investors can see that so it's not just the yen. From selling about 10m phones in 2010 to selling 33m in 2012 and growing in 2013 is going to make the market take a second look. Actually Sony said they are disappointed with the xperia sales this year because the z is taking most of the sales while the other models sit on the shelves so still problems there.

And to be fair to Kaz that recession thing did put a lot of Japanese companies in a spin so to blame him too much is a bit harsh.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
VGKing said:
kowenicki said:
The stock has risen today dramatically due to the suggested break up of Sony by the American Hedge fund.

Sony already said they wouldn't do this. Why isn't the stock falling?

Sony is its stockholders.  This guy and his hedge fund own a massive 6%.

Yes, that is massive. 

I don't for one moment think this will happen, but it isn't neccessarily up to the Sony management. That's not how public listed companies work. 

In what way?

Maybe Sony's stockholders will sell their shares if they're not happy with how the company is being run? I don't see this happening out of pure spite. If I'm not wrong, stockholders are there to make suggestions, not demands.

VGKing said:
kowenicki said:
VGKing said:
kowenicki said:
The stock has risen today dramatically due to the suggested break up of Sony by the American Hedge fund.

Sony already said they wouldn't do this. Why isn't the stock falling?

Sony is its stockholders.  This guy and his hedge fund own a massive 6%.

Yes, that is massive. 

I don't for one moment think this will happen, but it isn't neccessarily up to the Sony management. That's not how public listed companies work. 

In what way?

Maybe Sony's stockholders will sell their shares if they're not happy with how the company is being run? I don't see this happening out of pure spite. If I'm not wrong, stockholders are there to make suggestions, not demands.

American stockholders make demands. Japanese stockholders don't dare raise their voices

Ssliasil said:
Cant say i expected such a mega huge gain today O.o

Of course... GT6 will be reveled today

Why cant we all just be happy Sony's stock is going up lol

Around the Network

sony shares up 8% after new xbox announcement

Sh1nn said:

sony shares up 8% after new xbox announcement

That's some positive reception for ya :D

Why is Sony's stock rising after such an unbelievably amazing show /sarcasm of.

Microsoft drops 1%, Sony Gains 9% on the day of the Xbox announcement :P

...uhh...ill just put my favorite quote of all time here.

"Welcome to Pain, the second of three...You have dealt the first...now deal with me!!"