By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - 12 People Shot at Mother's Day Parade in New Orleans.

the2real4mafol said:
Max King of the Wild said:
the2real4mafol said:
the2real4mafol said:
the2real4mafol said:
I know the USA is a big place but these shootings are a bit common now aren't they. I can't wait for the NRA to say something stupid again

...no they arent. Shootings that are common are in chicago in the ghetto with illegal guns.

Well i hear about them nearly every week now despite not living in America, but it's like the media seems to pick and choose what they report, rather than report everything

Better than hearing about it every hour with counting the shootings in Chicago.

I guess so, what we see is normally bad news anyway. But i remember hearing there were at least 500 shootings in Chicago last year. I hope Watch Dogs emphasises that riduclous crime rate 

There were 500 murders from guns last year in chicago... Shootings? a whole helluva lot higher. A lot go unreported

That's crazy but they must be other places in the USA that are as bad. I though some parts of LA were supposed to be quite bad for crime

Chicago has taken top spot last few years I believe. I think the first 3 months of this year it tripled New Yorks murders and it's 1/3rd it's size.

http://homicides.redeyechicago.com/

Around the Network

Blame videogames

tres said:
chocoloco said:
tres said:
ROFLMAO said:
My levels of sympathy for American mass-shootings are completely depleted. They refuse to do anything to restrict guns and cry everytime a bunch of people get shot. You make your bed, you lie in it.

americans have no sympathy for mass-shootings.  america has an ugly history of violence so i guess its acceptable.  being black and native  stuff like slavery, church bombings, the civil rights movement and the trail of tears makes you see things different i guess.

when the blood of children dont move these corporate shills nothing will.  we should make caskets for kids that die by gunfire with the lables dedicated to the congress of the usa.

Yeah, all Americans just laugh at it and say good job.Nice way to lump everyone together into one hive mind. This kind of post takes no thinking at all. It is just insulting to all Americans and intended to do so unless you are ignorant of the violence of human history. Nice way to turn a tragedy into a gun debate and false history lesson.

You have no idea how long guns have been a part of this countries culture to understand, or about the culture in general based of your post. The actions of a few do not speak for the masses. I vote to keep guns legal because the average individual not in poverty is using them responsibly. I believe in keeping my social freedoms, and I do not care if European countries do not care what freedoms their country take away from them.

if someone commits a crime and you said nothing you are as guilty as the person that did it.  your voice is your vote right.  so if you vote for a corporate shill thats unsympathethic to the blood of babies then shame on you.

no one still has answered the question  what happens when non "criminals" go on shooting sprees.  how many mass murderers had police records?  that the problem with the whole debate.  sort of requires critical thinking

Your logic says everyone should apologize and take blame for every bad thing that happens that they read, watch, or hear about. Right? And, your black and white argument allows you to easily call anyone you want wrong which is nonsensical. Your question does not even make sense. Most murderers with guns commit murder for the first time. 

spurgeonryan said:
NintendoPie said:
badgenome said:
Time to ban parades. And New Orleans.

I'm sure most people would be fine with both of these recommendations.

You only say that because you are 15.

lol born and raised... so i am an authority on this subject.  like i said you better believe more than your "criminals" were packing.  theres is no defense quick enough when people start shooting in a crowd. you are too busy running, ducking for cover and hoping you dont catch a stray until you can see where its coming from.  someone can empty a clip and take off by the time you get your bearings.  yall really do watch too much tv

chocoloco said:
tres said:
chocoloco said:
tres said:
ROFLMAO said:
My levels of sympathy for American mass-shootings are completely depleted. They refuse to do anything to restrict guns and cry everytime a bunch of people get shot. You make your bed, you lie in it.

americans have no sympathy for mass-shootings.  america has an ugly history of violence so i guess its acceptable.  being black and native  stuff like slavery, church bombings, the civil rights movement and the trail of tears makes you see things different i guess.

when the blood of children dont move these corporate shills nothing will.  we should make caskets for kids that die by gunfire with the lables dedicated to the congress of the usa.

Yeah, all Americans just laugh at it and say good job.Nice way to lump everyone together into one hive mind. This kind of post takes no thinking at all. It is just insulting to all Americans and intended to do so unless you are ignorant of the violence of human history. Nice way to turn a tragedy into a gun debate and false history lesson.

You have no idea how long guns have been a part of this countries culture to understand, or about the culture in general based of your post. The actions of a few do not speak for the masses. I vote to keep guns legal because the average individual not in poverty is using them responsibly. I believe in keeping my social freedoms, and I do not care if European countries do not care what freedoms their country take away from them.

if someone commits a crime and you said nothing you are as guilty as the person that did it.  your voice is your vote right.  so if you vote for a corporate shill thats unsympathethic to the blood of babies then shame on you.

no one still has answered the question  what happens when non "criminals" go on shooting sprees.  how many mass murderers had police records?  that the problem with the whole debate.  sort of requires critical thinking

Your logic says everyone should apologize and take blame for every bad thing that happens that they read, watch, or hear about. Right? And, your black and white argument allows you to easily call anyone you want wrong which is nonsensical. Your question does not even make sense. 

it makes alot of sense most are too deaf dumb or blind to it. i will say it sloooow. everytime theres a mass shooting (not talking about gang related) killings first defense is "criminals" will get guns anyway.  but its an asinine argument considering the guys that usually go on killing spreees never had a criminal record to be put in that category.

anyway  bowing out of this debate until you are personally affected you will never care.  amurka

Around the Network
tres said:
chocoloco said:
tres said:
chocoloco said:
tres said:
ROFLMAO said:

Your logic says everyone should apologize and take blame for every bad thing that happens that they read, watch, or hear about. Right? And, your black and white argument allows you to easily call anyone you want wrong which is nonsensical. Your question does not even make sense. 

it makes alot of sense most are too deaf dumb or blind to it. i will say it sloooow. everytime theres a mass shooting (not talking about gang related) killings first defense is "criminals" will get guns anyway.  but its an asinine argument considering the guys that usually go on killing spreees never had a criminal record to be put in that category.

anyway  bowing out of this debate until you are personally affected you will never care.  amurka

No one said they did not care. The thread is here because people care.

what is up with americans. its like there all trying to out do each other. new shootings every week. mmmmmmm maybe start banning guns. just a thought

Kasz216 said:
Zappykins said:

Ooooh, now you are trying to attack me personaly over your own assumptions?At least you could try to be interesting, just another feeble troll from 'Meruca.

Seriously, your going to get banned soon anyway, might as well go down in flames.

He's trolling you with sarcasm.  Chapset is actually REALLY anti-gun.  That said sarcastic joking around that bad... combined with that picture....  yeah.

Yea, I figure, but their not very good at it.  You gotta have some personality if you want to play with the big'ns.

Doesn't matter, I'm King of the Internet now!  I'm trying to decide whom among my friend I want as dukes, earls and things.  I figure you for a Barron. Also need to order my new robe and decide on my crown theme. 

While being King is more work than I expected.  I am surprised by things I enjoy. The Royal mail sorter is so helpful, and my new food taster, he is crazy funny. Gunna be sad for a whole day when he dies.

DMAK (Doesn’t Matter Am King)

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Rpruett said:
pezus said:
Rpruett said:
Much like every other discussion. People care when it impacts them. So some of the same people here that would just 'scoff' at the notion of banning video games -- wouldn't bat an eye about banning gun ownership. The real reality is we live in a violence promoted society. With the glamorization of guns, weapons, violence, etc and that doesn't even begin to scratch the surface of the psychiatric issues that plenty of people have in this country.

The real solution is to stop trying to blame things that aren't the problem and hold people accountable for their actions. I firmly believe in capital punishment, especially in cases of obvious murder. There is no sense in keeping someone alive for 75+ years in the prison system causing a drain on society.

Cars don't get drunk and kill people, drunk people drive a car and do. Video games don't kill people they are complete fantasy, people who can't readily separate the two realities do. Guns don't kill people, people controlling the weapons do.

The world is a dangerous place, there are uncountable ways to die or to kill someone. You will never remove them all and quite frankly you shouldn't need someone else to *tell* you what you should or shouldn't avoid.

Let's be realistic though. A weapon's purpose is far different from a game's and a car's purpose.

It all depends on intent of the person.  I know plenty of people who own a gun for sport.  Killing maybe animals, but not of humans.  The chasm that exists between this gap is a very large one.  Why not ban knives or anything else that exists primarily for murder?    I think that it's a strange notion to ban guns in a country where we allow abortions (Entirely different discussion)  up until 6 months.    The world has violence and if people want to commit an act of violence, they will find the means and ways of doing so.

The idea that knives "exist primarily for murder" is completely ridiculous.  Did you murder your dinner?  Did you use a knife to eat it?  Knives are tools with myriad everyday applications.  Guns shoot small objects at extremely high velocity into larger objects.  There isn't a lot you can do with them other than killing stuff and practicing to kill stuff, unless you're Homer Simpson. 

And anyway, the current gun control "debate" is about better government oversight of gun sales.  Not more CONTROL.  Just knowing who all those shady dealers are handing out guns to.  How can that be a bad thing?  (inb4 big brother orwellian what-if dystopian future speculation)

I guess there's not a handy Youtube clip, but skip to 14:45 on the episode here:  http://wtso.net/movie/392-905_The_Cartridge_Family.html

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Final-Fan said:

The idea that knives "exist primarily for murder" is completely ridiculous.  Did you murder your dinner?  Did you use a knife to eat it?  Knives are tools with myriad everyday applications.  Guns shoot small objects at extremely high velocity into larger objects.  There isn't a lot you can do with them other than killing stuff and practicing to kill stuff, unless you're Homer Simpson. 

And anyway, the current gun control "debate" is about better government oversight of gun sales.  Not more CONTROL.  Just knowing who all those shady dealers are handing out guns to.  How can that be a bad thing?  (inb4 big brother orwellian what-if dystopian future speculation)

I guess there's not a handy Youtube clip, but skip to 14:45 on the episode here:  http://wtso.net/movie/392-905_The_Cartridge_Family.html

Why is it completely ridiculous?  I didn't eat my dinner with a knife.  I hardly ever need a knife to eat dinner with.  Knives exist primarily to cut into things that's about it and most people who 'carry knives'  don't carry them just incase they need one for their dinner.

The current gun control 'debate' isn't just about having better oversight of gun sales.  It's absolutely about the government having more control over gun ownership.  That's precisely the point.    You have a belief that the government doesn't do any wrong and would never have ulterior motives which would be completely mis-guided and wrong and there are countless examples of this.

Nobody rational believes that gun laws passed today will necessarily equate to some governmental take over, tomorrow.  They believe in a very rational manner that the government cannot stop itself from trying to obtain more and more power and more and more control from a willing populace. The government is great at using (either advertently or inadvertently)  tragic situations as great platforms for pushing their agenda even when it completely tramples the rights of citizens.   Lastly,  people believe that gun control (much like 'Drug control' or the War on drugs) is an abysmal failure and there is evidence to suggest that gun control isn't the answer.  (Chicago anyone?)

They believe (correctly, I might add) that the reason for the 'Right to Bear Arms'  is soley in the constitution of this country to prevent governmental tyranny and for personal defense.   (And please don't say something like living in fear of your government is out-dated or impossible.)

The problem is self responsibility.  Stop blaming inanimate objects and start blaming the people committing the acts.