By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - 12 People Shot at Mother's Day Parade in New Orleans.

Quote:

CNN - Abdul Aziz believes he was standing right next to a shooter Sunday when gunmen opened fire at a parade in New Orleans, injuring 19 people.

"Everyone around me, except me, was shot," he said. "I was pretty fortunate to get away."
Aziz, 33, a photojournalist, was at the parade when shooting started at the corner of Frenchman Street and North Villere Street.

"We turned off of a main thoroughfare to a smaller residential street and that's when the shots rang out. I was standing, I believe, right next to the shooter. I saw muzzle flash, but unfortunately I didn't get a chance to see who the shooter was," he said.

People panicked and ran.

Aziz, who has worked in the Middle East, started taking pictures.

He sent those images to CNN iReport.

"It's a little jarring when you see these types of things on the home front," he said. "I'm sad. I love this city. We're plagued by crime, and it's just not getting better no matter what we do."

Remi Braden, a police spokeswoman, said that a young girl was among the 19 people who were injured. The girl suffered a graze wound to her side.

According to police, 19 people were injured in the shooting, including two children. Ten men and seven women were among the victims.

SOURCE 1 + 2

These mass shootings literally every other week are getting out of hand 

UPDATED 5/13/12: 19 people have been confirmed as ignjured but no fatal injuries + Link #2 includes some pictures and more details.

Around the Network

Here we go again....

An other case were a good guy with a gun could have saved the day

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

well at least no fatalities

Whoever did this probably had some serious mother issues.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
chapset said:

Exactly! Just like a good guy with a bomb in Boston!

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Porcupine_I said:
chapset said:

Exactly! Just like a good guy with a bomb in Boston!

I see we got a smart man over the internet, some pussy tree hugers were mad at me when I said that in the thread about the boston bombing

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Time to ban parades. And New Orleans.

chapset said:

by shooting into a crowd full of innocent people with three criminals. yeah. no way that can backfire.

:(((