By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

ktay95 said:

Seriously thats all you had to type, was it so hard??

Meh, Love Live is like Persona/Mario Kart/Idolmaster/nearly every other game on the chart.  Known IP that is obviously going to do very well, so it kinda makes it boring to follow.

Really, Youkai Watch & Freedom Wars are the only exciting things going on in COMG right now, at least to me.

(And I cheer on Noire because I have a soft spot for the PlayStation otaku ghetto of developers.  Speaking of which, I hope Atelier Shallie shows up soon).

Around the Network
Kresnik said:
ktay95 said:

Seriously thats all you had to type, was it so hard??

Meh, Love Live is like Persona/Mario Kart/Idolmaster/nearly every other game on the chart.  Known IP that is obviously going to do very well, so it kinda makes it boring to follow.

Really, Youkai Watch & Freedom Wars are the only exciting things going on in COMG right now, at least to me.

(And I cheer on Noire because I have a soft spot for the PlayStation otaku ghetto of developers.  Speaking of which, I hope Atelier Shallie shows up soon).

Persona Q is new....... to nintendo :p

tbone51 said:

You keep saying that but Persona is Persona.  It has, to my knowledge, an incredibly loyal fanbase who follow the series extremely strongly.  So then it's just like every other Persona game, which always do well on COMG.

Monster Hunter proved that you can make the jump from Sony to Nintendo with no loss in fanbase, so I don't see why Persona would be any different.  If anything, I'd imagine a lot of the fanbase is already there thanks to SMT4.

Kresnik said:
tbone51 said:

You keep saying that but Persona is Persona.  It has, to my knowledge, an incredibly loyal fanbase who follow the series extremely strongly.  So then it's just like every other Persona game, which always do well on COMG.

Monster Hunter proved that you can make the jump from Sony to Nintendo with no loss in fanbase, so I don't see why Persona would be any different.  If anything, I'd imagine a lot of the fanbase is already there thanks to SMT4.

I kno, i kno! Im joking, still good to see. I kno SMT fan base is there and Persona Q is an Etrian Oddessy type game. Still cool to watch, like MH4 imo. Some games dont do well with a change of company. Anyway, im thinking of jumping into the franchise. I still need to play SMTIV, and i want to play Persona3+Persona4G!

23 points in one day is quite great. I don't think we'll a non-release day top that for a long time.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
tbone51 said:

I kno, i kno! Im joking, still good to see. I kno SMT fan base is there and Persona Q is an Etrian Oddessy type game. Still cool to watch, like MH4 imo. Some games dont do well with a change of company. Anyway, im thinking of jumping into the franchise. I still need to play SMTIV, and i want to play Persona3+Persona4G!

Big points are always exciting.  It's just, for a lot of Japanese games these days they're expected.  A new Monster Hunter/Dragon Quest/Final Fantasy/Pokemon/Mario Kart is always going to rip the chart up.

One of the things I like best about the Japanese industry is that small developers can get by selling relatively few copies of their games.  It's something we don't really have in the west. 

And also, I love my Vita, so that helps :P

Depends on the game for whether it makes the jump between companies or not.  For something like Yakuza, it was a terrible choice of games that they made for WiiU, but they didn't really have any other choice.  It's a story-heavy franchise, so they couldn't just port 5.  I assume they didn't want to test the waters with a developed-from-the-ground-up game, so that only really left them with 1&2 HD.  Which was not a title people wanted to purchase yet again, and so it sold absolutely shockingly.

For something like Persona, they've made a dedicated spinoff with the cast from their 2 most popular titles.  It was a smart choice and was always going to sell very, very well :P

outlawauron said:
23 points in one day is quite great. I don't think we'll a non-release day top that for a long time.

Not until YW3, or the next pokemon game. 

tbone51 said:
Kresnik said:
tbone51 said:

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Fusioncode said:
POE said:
Im with Zero, Mario kart 8 will beat 7

Mario Kart 8 will beat everything. 

That´s the spirit!!

Clyde32 said:
outlawauron said:

Not until YW3, or the next pokemon game. 

And MK8.