By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

AgentZorn said:
Clyde32 said:

Jose made a good point on IGN. The only thing I would be worried about with the 3DS version would be the controls. Will the 3DS analog really work that well with smash bros?

Just because it's not the GC controler does not mean the experience will suck. Joking aside, Smash does not play like a typical fighter. A user here made a good point that Smash controls more like a platformer. Might get some getting used to the somewhat slippery circle pad but I don't see that being a big deal.

Umm wtf do people use to control the character with a GCN controller?? Surely not an analogue stick for a fighter?? Coz the D-Pad on that is pure ass.

Also 3DS has a D-Pad, its just in an awkward position =P

Around the Network
Boutros said:

I too believe the Wii U version will see its sales strongly affected by the 3DS version. Especially (mostly) in Japan.

We've seen what happened to Ni No Kuni. The hype was down.

But the Wii U version will still undeniably chart. Surely it will do at least 100k FW.

It will be easy to see it, comparing to the GC version.

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

AgentZorn said:
Clyde32 said:

Jose made a good point on IGN. The only thing I would be worried about with the 3DS version would be the controls. Will the 3DS analog really work that well with smash bros?

Just because it's not the GC controler does not mean the experience will suck. Joking aside, Smash does not play like a typical fighter. A user here made a good point that Smash controls more like a platformer. Might get some getting used to the somewhat slippery circle pad but I don't see that being a big deal.

It isn't much of the layout, or how slippery it is, but more of the agility of it. It feels a bit cramped in there, and I'm worried about switching to down from right in the right amount of time.  

ktay95 said:
AgentZorn said:
Clyde32 said:

Umm wtf do people use to control the character with a GCN controller?? Surely not an analogue stick for a fighter?? Coz the D-Pad on that is pure ass.

Also 3DS has a D-Pad, its just in an awkward position =P

But will we be able to use the D-pad to move around?

The thought of the Wii U version of Smash bros not charting is nonsense. The 3DS version will indeed eat a chunk of the Wii U version's sales, but it doesn't change the fact that the Wii U still has a userbase, where people will buy the game.

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

Around the Network

Oh dear, now Smash is here as well...

We're doomed.

In seriousness, that did surprise me a little.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Still no Girls und Panzers!!!!?????? :(

Smash Bros!!

AgentZorn said:
guiduc said:
Didn't see this one coming so soon. Hope the WiiU version will be a success too.

I'm not sure if it will even show up on the charts.

yes, you are sure. we all are. it might even top the 3ds game since surveys point the wii u game as more desired (and that's handheldland we are talking about).

Clyde32 said:

you know the 3ds has a + pad, right?