By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

AgentZorn said:
tbone51 said:
AgentZorn said:
guiduc said:
Didn't see this one coming so soon. Hope the WiiU version will be a success too.

I'm not sure if it will even show up on the charts.

not sure if serious?

I am. The 3DS is a more popular than the Wii U, and aside from graphics there is very little difference between the 3DS version and Wii U version of Smash.

Ok and? I can see you say 3DS will outsell wiiu cuz that looks like wat it'llbe, but  your original comment has nothing to do with 3DS.

Why dont you think the WiiU version will make the chart? Thats wats wrong here :-/

Around the Network

Did anyone notice that the 3ds now has more games on the chart than the Vita? That doesn't happen often

Playing Xenoblade 2 before I buy Xenoblade 3 (otherwise I couldn't wait to play 3).

Can they announce a new Fire Emblem? A remake of Genealogy or Tellius would suffice !

tbone51 said:

I am. The 3DS is a more popular than the Wii U, and aside from graphics there is very little difference between the 3DS version and Wii U version of Smash.

Ok and? I can see you say 3DS will outsell wiiu cuz that looks like wat it'llbe, but  your original comment has nothing to do with 3DS.

Why dont you think the WiiU version will make the chart? Thats wats wrong here :-/

Did not make myself clear with that last comment, sorry.

What i am trying to say is that the 3DS version will end up cannibalizing the Wii U version. If a person wants smash they have two choices:
Get it on the 3DS which is cheaper or get it on the Wii U which is more expensive. Multiplayer wont be much of a problem because lots of people in Japan own a 3DS, the visuals look fine for a 3DS game and the controls are simple enough to work on the 3DS. Not to mention the 3DS version comes out earlier and has its own exclusive mode.

Now, if a person owns neither Wii U or 3DS but is interested in Smash then the situation changes slightly. They could get Smash on a platform that has a more robust library, or on a platform that has a smaller library of games and is more expensive.

The Wii U version might not chart because a large majority would choose the 3DS version, and few people will wait the 3+ months to play the Wii U version. Hope I made myself a bit clearer.

AgentZorn said:
tbone51 said:

What i am trying to say is that the 3DS version will end up cannibalizing the Wii U version. If a person wants smash they have two choices:
Get it on the 3DS which is cheaper or get it on the Wii U which is more expensive. Multiplayer wont be much of a problem because lots of people in Japan own a 3DS, the visuals look fine for a 3DS game and the controls are simple enough to work on the 3DS. Not to mention the 3DS version comes out earlier and has its own exclusive mode.

Now, if a person owns either Wii U or 3DS but is interested in Smash then the situation changes slightly. They could get Smash on a platform that has a more robust library, or on a platform that has a smaller library of games and is more expensive.

The Wii U version might not chart because a large majority would choose the 3DS version, and few people will wait the 3+ months to play the Wii U version. Hope I made myself a bit clearer.

You do make a good point indeed. Not sure if Nintendo ever intended for SSB4 to be a system seller for Wii U at this point, considering their latest actions.

3DS Friend Code: 0533 - 6146 - 0418
PSN ID: atylerman5

I too believe the Wii U version will see its sales strongly affected by the 3DS version. Especially (mostly) in Japan.

We've seen what happened to Ni No Kuni. The hype was down.

But the Wii U version will still undeniably chart. Surely it will do at least 100k FW.

Around the Network
AgentZorn said:
tbone51 said:

Now, if a person owns either Wii U or 3DS but is interested in Smash then the situation changes slightly. They could get Smash on a platform that has a more robust library, or on a platform that has a smaller library of games and is more expensive.

Got ya! Cant hardly deny that! I do think US will be much different. In Japan  3DS will outsell WiiU by at least 3to1  imo

Edt :Something strange happened :P

AgentZorn said:
tbone51 said:

Jose made a good point on IGN. The only thing I would be worried about with the 3DS version would be the controls. Will the 3DS analog really work that well with smash bros?

tbone51 said:

Got ya! Cant hardly deny that! I do think US will be much different. In Japan  3DS will outsell WiiU by at least 3to1  imo

Wii U software always does better in the US, makes me wounder why nitnendo has decided to focus so much on the Japanese market. I think even in the US software sales, and even hardware sales, will be a dissapointment.

Clyde32 said:

Jose made a good point on IGN. The only thing I would be worried about with the 3DS version would be the controls. Will the 3DS analog really work that well with smash bros?

Just because it's not the GC controler does not mean the experience will suck. Joking aside, Smash does not play like a typical fighter. A user here made a good point that Smash controls more like a platformer. Might get some getting used to the somewhat slippery circle pad but I don't see that being a big deal.