By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

It's weird to have Infinite Stratos and Toshin Toshi but no J-stars Victory. It just doesn't make sense. What's going on at COMG?

Around the Network
ryuzaki57 said:
It's weird to have Infinite Stratos and Toshin Toshi but no J-stars Victory. It just doesn't make sense. What's going on at COMG?

I don't think J stars is doing that good, it'll do abysmal I guess, just like DBZ.. a bit higher though.

small44 said:
Michael-5 said:

COD on PS2 sold 2 million or so....what does that tell you about the # of hardcore gamers on the PS2?

Casual gamers bought the PS2, they didn't just appear when Wii released.

An HD Wii would have been enough, the Gamepad ruined the WiiU. Nintendo tried to fix something that wasn't broken. The end.

Gran Turismo sold more then 10 millions nearly all the top selling game on ps2 are hardcore gamers.

Some Casual buy ps2 but are not many..

Nintendo try to innovate to attract new people but they fail i don't thing an hd wii would change nothing to wii u situation.

Gran Turismo and Grand Theft Auto are as much casual games as they are hardcore. GT especially, week 1 sales are always super week, but the game has legs. Final Fantasy as well, it sold so many units off name alone, it appealed to casual gamers just as much as the hardcore.

What's next on PS2's list, Need for Speed? Are you going to argue that's a hardcore franchise? Medal of Honor, Madden, all of the top selling PS2 games have a large casual market appeal.

The best selling PS2 games are all casual based. You have no arguement, WiiU would have been perfect without the Gamepad, without the "innovation." PS2 was more the same and it sold well, iPhones are pretty much the same and they sell well, once casual gamers find something they like, they stick to it.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

pezus said:
Michael-5 said:
hiska-kun said:

Btw, Dynasty Warriors 8 for PS4 hasn't moved since it apeared with 14pt. It's horrible. Also I'm seeing a lot of bombas (better say I'm not seeing these games). Should be in the chart already and they aren't.

Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze

Samurai Warriors 4

Metal Gear Solid V Ground Zeroes

J-Stars Victory

Specifically DKC and MGS

Ground Zeroes is basically a cash-in prologue and it still has two months.

I know, I'm not even a MGS fan. Is it releasing on the same day for PS4/PS3 in Japan?

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database

SnowPrince said:
ryuzaki57 said:

I don't think J stars is doing that good, it'll do abysmal I guess, just like DBZ.. a bit higher though.

Its the Anime SSB! it should do well! WTH is wrong with the japanese community :x

Around the Network

So DQM2R is going to sell less than its predecessor?
Also have a feeling Harvest is not going to do hot and DKC will be a tropical disaster.
Sword art and Gundam are going to do very well, I guess.
Puyo will sell 65k on 3DS FW

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

pezus said:
Michael-5 said:

Gran Turismo and Grand Theft Auto are as much casual games as they are hardcore. GT especially, week 1 sales are always super week, but the game has legs. Final Fantasy as well, it sold so many units off name alone, it appealed to casual gamers just as much as the hardcore.

What's next on PS2's list, Need for Speed? Are you going to argue that's a hardcore franchise? Medal of Honor, Madden, all of the top selling PS2 games have a large casual market appeal.

The best selling PS2 games are all casual based. You have no arguement, WiiU would have been perfect without the Gamepad, without the "innovation." PS2 was more the same and it sold well, iPhones are pretty much the same and they sell well, once casual gamers find something they like, they stick to it.

Bold: Wat. GT5 sold ~2.5m first week. I believe GT4 sold even more FW. How is that super weak? o.O

lol at my typo, weak*

Call of Duty normally sells 4-5 million per console week 1. Halo's do 5 million as well. JRPG's also sell 50% of their sales at least week 1. Even GTA, that sold like what 8 million week 1.

GT6 sold < 1 million week 1, but I guarentee you it's going to sell over 5 million lifetime, more realistically 7-8 million. That's 15% of its sales or so week 1, much less then something like Halo. Heck Super Mario Bros Wii had a bigger week 1.

GT5 had a decent week 1, but it was only as big as FFXIII (when you allign the launches), and that game only sold 5 million.

At least Disgaea is going to comfortably beat the previous entry in pre-orders. Lets hope that translates to sales too.

Michael-5 said:
small44 said:
Michael-5 said:

COD on PS2 sold 2 million or so....what does that tell you about the # of hardcore gamers on the PS2?

Casual gamers bought the PS2, they didn't just appear when Wii released.

An HD Wii would have been enough, the Gamepad ruined the WiiU. Nintendo tried to fix something that wasn't broken. The end.

Gran Turismo sold more then 10 millions nearly all the top selling game on ps2 are hardcore gamers.

Some Casual buy ps2 but are not many..

Nintendo try to innovate to attract new people but they fail i don't thing an hd wii would change nothing to wii u situation.

What is your definition of a casual gamers?

Nintendo is not Sony or iphone you can't compare them.

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m