By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

small44 said:
Michael-5 said:

When you look at the demographs between CoD and Nintendogs gamers, what's the difference? Cooking Mama and Nintendogs buyers are
predominatly women where NFS and COD buyers are predominatly male. (There is an article talking about how 80% of female gamers play Nintendo games).

So are you saying only females can be casual gamers? Do you need to buy Shovelware (like cooking mama) to be a casual gamer?

I consider a casual gamer someone out of touch with gaming, and they buy stuff based off marketing, and word of mouth. Casual gamers for instance play Super Mario Galaxy because it's Mario. They also play COD because of the name, and same with Gran Turismo.

Oh common, Gran Turismo isn't even a bit casual? How is the demograph for GT any different from Super Mario Galaxy? I bought GT3 when I was a kid and the PT Cruiser was my first car. I knew nothing about games back then, and nothing about cars. I think for the most part, most GT owners are not-competetive.

Nintendo makes 1 console which successfully attracts casual gamers, and now Sony is a non-starter? I'm sorry, but people do buy Playstations for LittleBigPlanet (which sold >5 million each), Gran Turismo, Ratchet & Clank, etc.

I also disagree with you about Casual gamers not playing games regularly. Both Wii Fit & Wii Fit plus were a huge success. Every Mario game sells extremely well, and we're getting to the point where there is at least 1 annually. Wii released way back in 2005, a lot of casual gamers are looking to upgrade their console, much like they upgrade their smartphone.

Nintendo really messed up with the Gamepad, all they needed was a Wii HD to succeed. You can't argue that casual gamers won't appreciate this when everything is released in HD now. Wii is a really dated console, and casual gamers love to keep up with trends. Nintendo failed to make WiiU trendy.

By Casual i only mean game like Cooking mama and Nintendo dogs not mario
Since someone out of touch with gaming they don't care that much about gaming Wii with Wii Fit and don't see the need to buy a Wii u with Wii fit U ,Look at the big fall of Nintendo dogs on 3DS to see that casuals don't see a reason to buy another Nintendo dogs game on 3ds and it's also my explanation why 3ds sold a lot less then ds.

A doubt a hd wii will succeed casual will stay with their wii ,i don't thing casual care about hd only hardcore gamers care about that.

If you only consider games like Cooking Mama, Wii Fit, and Nintendogs as casual, then the Nintendo Wii was never a casual game system. Some of the best selling games for the Wii were Mario Kart Wii, New Super Mario Land, Super Smash Bros, and Super Mario Galaxy. Outside of the heavily bundled Wii Sports, and Wii Fit, Wii doesn't have many mega franchise casual games then. X-Box is as much a casual system then because of Kinect Adventures.

As for Nintendogs, a large reason why that game sold so well on the DS was because there were 5 interations on the DS, one of which was heavily bundled with the DS system. For 3DS there are only 3 versions, none of which come bundled with the 3DS, and the game is also now available on the eshop. Yes the franchise did probably loose some sales considering, but still worth mentioning the fact that the game was never bundled with the 3DS.

As for Wii Fit U - terrible release, confusing as hell for casual gamers. Digital 3 months ago, but only if you already have the balance board? No bundle which includes the balance board?

As for everything else, casuals care about HD just as much as anyone else. No one wants to play 480p when everything is available in 1080p now. Saying casual gamers don't care about HD is like saying Smartphone buyers don't care about fingerprint unlock on the iPhone, or handwriting-text on the Android (where you never have to lift your finger).

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network
pezus said:

Pre-orders for FFXIV PS4 start on Feb 1. This should be interesting. But the PS3 version owners will get a free upgrade so the sales won't exactly represent the number of PS4 owners having the game.

I think it will chart, but nothing special with the free upgrade

Pretty good showing all around. Many titles saw at least 1 pre-order.

And gentlemen, I will ask again that this first week casual GTA CoD Nintendo discussion be taken into a dedicated thread...or to your walls.

It's not that it isn't a valid discussion, because it is, it's just that it warrants its own thread and would no longer reticulate itself among the COMG talk.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Michael-5 said:
small44 said:
Michael-5 said:

When you look at the demographs between CoD and Nintendogs gamers, what's the difference? Cooking Mama and Nintendogs buyers are
predominatly women where NFS and COD buyers are predominatly male. (There is an article talking about how 80% of female gamers play Nintendo games).

So are you saying only females can be casual gamers? Do you need to buy Shovelware (like cooking mama) to be a casual gamer?

I consider a casual gamer someone out of touch with gaming, and they buy stuff based off marketing, and word of mouth. Casual gamers for instance play Super Mario Galaxy because it's Mario. They also play COD because of the name, and same with Gran Turismo.

Oh common, Gran Turismo isn't even a bit casual? How is the demograph for GT any different from Super Mario Galaxy? I bought GT3 when I was a kid and the PT Cruiser was my first car. I knew nothing about games back then, and nothing about cars. I think for the most part, most GT owners are not-competetive.

Nintendo makes 1 console which successfully attracts casual gamers, and now Sony is a non-starter? I'm sorry, but people do buy Playstations for LittleBigPlanet (which sold >5 million each), Gran Turismo, Ratchet & Clank, etc.

I also disagree with you about Casual gamers not playing games regularly. Both Wii Fit & Wii Fit plus were a huge success. Every Mario game sells extremely well, and we're getting to the point where there is at least 1 annually. Wii released way back in 2005, a lot of casual gamers are looking to upgrade their console, much like they upgrade their smartphone.

Nintendo really messed up with the Gamepad, all they needed was a Wii HD to succeed. You can't argue that casual gamers won't appreciate this when everything is released in HD now. Wii is a really dated console, and casual gamers love to keep up with trends. Nintendo failed to make WiiU trendy.

By Casual i only mean game like Cooking mama and Nintendo dogs not mario
Since someone out of touch with gaming they don't care that much about gaming Wii with Wii Fit and don't see the need to buy a Wii u with Wii fit U ,Look at the big fall of Nintendo dogs on 3DS to see that casuals don't see a reason to buy another Nintendo dogs game on 3ds and it's also my explanation why 3ds sold a lot less then ds.

A doubt a hd wii will succeed casual will stay with their wii ,i don't thing casual care about hd only hardcore gamers care about that.

If you only consider games like Cooking Mama, Wii Fit, and Nintendogs as casual, then the Nintendo Wii was never a casual game system. Some of the best selling games for the Wii were Mario Kart Wii, New Super Mario Land, Super Smash Bros, and Super Mario Galaxy. Outside of the heavily bundled Wii Sports, and Wii Fit, Wii doesn't have many mega franchise casual games then. X-Box is as much a casual system then because of Kinect Adventures.

As for Nintendogs, a large reason why that game sold so well on the DS was because there were 5 interations on the DS, one of which was heavily bundled with the DS system. For 3DS there are only 3 versions, none of which come bundled with the 3DS, and the game is also now available on the eshop. Yes the franchise did probably loose some sales considering, but still worth mentioning the fact that the game was never bundled with the 3DS.

As for Wii Fit U - terrible release, confusing as hell for casual gamers. Digital 3 months ago, but only if you already have the balance board? No bundle which includes the balance board?

As for everything else, casuals care about HD just as much as anyone else. No one wants to play 480p when everything is available in 1080p now. Saying casual gamers don't care about HD is like saying Smartphone buyers don't care about fingerprint unlock on the iPhone, or handwriting-text on the Android (where you never have to lift your finger).

For you every games that sold a lot without bundle is a casual game.

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

As soon as we were talking about a list of games missing from the chart, one of them shows up.  Excellent.

Dragon Quest gets the weekend effect too.

And noooo Disgaea ;(

Around the Network

Nice, Metal Gear finally showed up
No points for Disgaea makes this Supposed Final Boss sad =(

O Tropical Flop, where art thou?

3DS Friend Code: 0533 - 6146 - 0418
PSN ID: atylerman5

GdaTyler said:

O Tropical Flop, where art thou?

I see your enjoying yourself........

Retag :3