By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

Good day for Nintendo

And Dragon Quest almost enough points to be the third party Switch title with the most points on COMG

Around the Network

Dragon Quest looking like a shoe-in for top third party game. I think it will do better than some people expect due to the Smash Bros. effect, but also not as much as the first release of the game or anything like that.

HylianSwordsman said:
Dragon Quest looking like a shoe-in for top third party game. I think it will do better than some people expect due to the Smash Bros. effect, but also not as much as the first release of the game or anything like that.

I think if DQXIS sells well on Switch, regardless if its over 800K or a million or something, it would prove worth it for both Nintendo and Square Enix. Especially if sales in the West are better than expected. 

With Hero (DQ III, IV, VIII, and XI) being in Smash Bros. Ultimate, likely at this point, the best selling fighting game of all-time (even if you include the multiple versions of SFII), Nintendo pushing DQXIS in their Directs, especially allowing the game to lead off their E3 2019 Direct alongside Hero's reveal, and the 10 hour demo available weeks before it launches worldwide on September 27, you cannot really provide a better marketing campaign than that.

P5 on a streak. FF7, Ryza, DS, and Ys increase.

Around the Network

Love seeing Ryza continue to add points. Really think this will get the Atelier franchise to the next tier of recognition.

Ah, Daemon X Machina. Nice of you to join us.

After a long time a Point for Death Stranding

So will Daemon outsell Astral Chain in Japan ? I think it definitely caters more to the japanese audience but I don't think the sales will be that different on the long run (I expect Daemon to have a stronger opening though)

Last edited by Luke888 - on 07 September 2019

Luke888 said:

So will Daemon outsell Astral Chain in Japan ? I think it definitely caters more to the japanese audience but I don't think the sales will be that different on the long run (I expect Daemon to have a stronger opening though)

physical sales, yes

Click HERE and be happy