By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

Purple said:
ktay95 said:

everyone is waiting for PDZ and a DQX expansion on Wii =P

I know your comment was a bit tongue in cheek, but it is incredible just how much the market for traditional video games has been eroded by the demand for mobile games. Who would have thought five years ago Nintendo gamers would be ignoring Mario and preordering an improved mobile game instead.

LMAO. ok, they are "ignoring" mario.

Around the Network
Zero999 said:
Purple said:
ktay95 said:

everyone is waiting for PDZ and a DQX expansion on Wii =P

I know your comment was a bit tongue in cheek, but it is incredible just how much the market for traditional video games has been eroded by the demand for mobile games. Who would have thought five years ago Nintendo gamers would be ignoring Mario and preordering an improved mobile game instead.

Okay, not the right word. But the fact that more than double the people have preordered Puzzles and Dragons Z (still a fair way out from release remember too) than have bought 3DWorld at COMG after the first weekend of release is pretty incredible.

Install base is a huge part of it of course, but it does show how consumers preferences are changing.

Purple said:
Zero999 said:

Okay, not the right word. But the fact that more than double the people have preordered Puzzles and Dragons Z (still a fair way out from release remember too) than have bought 3DWorld at COMG after the first weekend of release is pretty incredible.

Install base is a huge part of it of course, but it does show how consumers preferences are changing.

the games are not even for the same system.

AshKetchum1992 said:

Lightining Returns: Final Fantasy XIII sold 555k first week and Super Mario 3D World 164k

Awesome number for LR, where did you see that?

Ouch Mario. That does not look good... Taiko flopping hard as well :/

Around the Network
Zero999 said:

That doesn't change the fact that people are more interested in spending their money on Puzzles and Dragons Z than they are on Mario right now. That's pretty incredible.

And not just any group of people, Nintendo consumers.

pezus said:
ryuzaki57 said:
AshKetchum1992 said:

Lightining Returns: Final Fantasy XIII sold 555k first week and Super Mario 3D World 164k

Awesome number for LR, where did you see that?

He's converting the points directly to sales, as in 1k = 1 point. Not going to happen. LR looks to be 250k at best and Mario lower than 150k

Yeah, that was too good to be true. I hope it can break 300K though... It's really a huge improvement over XIII-2 which already improved from XIII.

Mario will do at least 140k and after that it can at max see a 200k opening.
Taiko will settle for a 5-10k opening, maybe 15 if lucky.
God Eater will be around 100k combined.
Just my guesses.

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

Purple said:
Zero999 said:

That doesn't change the fact that people are more interested in spending their money on Puzzles and Dragons Z than they are on Mario right now. That's pretty incredible.

And not just any group of people, Nintendo consumers.

You are magically assuming every wii u owner owns a 3ds. also you are bashing sales that are yet unknown, from the game with one of the top 3 longest legs in this industry, in one region. boy, that's a lot of negativity for one person.