By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

Lightning is going to be extremely difficult to predict, I think I said 350k earlier in the thread but I really don't know what to think. On the one hand <300k for mainline FF is terrible, but then in spite of being on a similar scale this isn't quite mainline. I am struggling with this one, I suppose I'll stick but who knows. Also PDZ is moving impressively with over a fortnight left to run, not a great deal else of interest (although I hope FFX HD does well)

Around the Network

Zero999 said:

You are magically assuming every wii u owner owns a 3ds. also you are bashing sales that are yet unknown, from the game with one of the top 3 longest legs in this industry, in one region. boy, that's a lot of negativity for one person.

Eh you're missing my point. Mario may well make an incredible come back and be the greatest selling game of all time.

What I was saying is how incredible it is that right now people are more interested in spending their money on an upgraded mobile game than on Mario. It shows that what the market wants in Japan is very different now to what it was like five years ago. We have the numbers right now to know that's what has happened at COMG stores.

And I'm not assuming every Wii U owner owns a 3DS, just that people are going into game stores to buy games, seeing preorders for Puzzles and Dragons Z and boxed copies of Super Mario 3D World and that more than twice the number of people have decided that Puzzles and Dragons is more deserving of their money at this point in time. This isn't some anti-Nintendo tirade (Nintendo have done a great job to get the game on their system), just a suggestion that the market has changed.

On Topic: Zelda will show up in 3 days so that will be good to watch

Purple said:
Zero999 said:

You are magically assuming every wii u owner owns a 3ds. also you are bashing sales that are yet unknown, from the game with one of the top 3 longest legs in this industry, in one region. boy, that's a lot of negativity for one person.

Eh you're missing my point. Mario may well make an incredible come back and be the greatest selling game of all time.

What I was saying is how incredible it is that right now people are more interested in spending their money on an upgraded mobile game than on Mario. It shows that what the market wants in Japan is very different now to what it was like five years ago. We have the numbers right now to know that's what has happened at COMG stores.

And I'm not assuming every Wii U owner owns a 3DS, just that people are going into game stores to buy games, seeing preorders for Puzzles and Dragons Z and boxed copies of Super Mario 3D World and that more than twice the number of people have decided that Puzzles and Dragons is more deserving of their money at this point in time. This isn't some anti-Nintendo tirade (Nintendo have done a great job to get the game on their system), just a suggestion that the market has changed.

you are also assuming people are getting puzzle and dragons INSTEAD of mario and that the 3ds installed base is 10 times bigger. this is merely a game that makes success in phones and is now getting a version on the most popular handveld in japan, so people will buy it.

Zero999 said:

you are also assuming people are getting puzzle and dragons INSTEAD of mario and that the 3ds installed base is 10 times bigger. this is merely a game that makes success in phones and is now getting a version on the most popular handveld in japan, so people will buy it.

Let's not take this thread too off topic but yes I am assuming that consumers have a limited amount of time and money to spend on video games. I know Iwata doesn't agree with me and thinks that Nintendo products do not compete with anything, so I can understand if you think differently. Different ideas on how the market works I guess.

Around the Network

See you again soon Yakuza

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD!!!!!!!
did I do it right??

Is Inazuma another Level-5 "legs" game, or is it just an IP on the way out?

Kresnik said:
Is Inazuma another Level-5 "legs" game, or is it just an IP on the way out?

[3DS] Inazuma Eleven GO Shine - 88pt
[3DS] Inazuma Eleven GO Dark - 75pt - Ended up selling ~400k combined

I found these numbers and the DS games were only a couple of hundred points and ended up selling ~1m so the games have always had good legs. Although yeah... this time the numbers are really low.

kopstudent89 said:
Ouch Mario. That does not look good... Taiko flopping hard as well :/

Did it open badly? I know NZ eb games got a total of only 140 copies for 39 stores( which is very low). which was even less than tearaway which we sent out 200 copies. Knack we sent out 400 copies but thats understandable being a launch title.