By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

Boutros said:

Good enough for Lightning I guess. FFXIII-2 had 1341 points on the weekly ranking and resulted in a first week of 525k so I'm hoping Lightning Returns can crack 250k.

I think it was XIII which had 1341p, and XIII-2 around 650p.

Around the Network
_Noel_ said:
Boutros said:

Good enough for Lightning I guess. FFXIII-2 had 1341 points on the weekly ranking and resulted in a first week of 525k so I'm hoping Lightning Returns can crack 250k.

I think it was XIII which had 1341p, and XIII-2 around 650p.

I wish but nah it really was FFXIII-2 lol

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4347734

Mario numbers don´t mean anything.
The important thing here will be the Wii U hardware sales.

POE said:

Assuming Mario sells ~100k, I honestly think it would be much worse for Nintendo if hardware sales go up to ~40k or something as it implies that only ~60k existing owners bought the game.

When you consider this is the only real AAA title the system has had all year in Japan, it would show the active user base of the system is back to only a few thousand. That most consumers who have bought a Wii U no longer have any interest in buying games for it.

If the majority of Mario buyers are existing Wii U owners it at least gives Nintendo hope that people who own the system are still buying games for it and will be interested in future titles.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=173024

Tsutaya for anyone interested.

Man, Atelier did just terribly. Taiko didn't even chart.

Around the Network
Purple said:
POE said:

Assuming Mario sells ~100k, I honestly think it would be much worse for Nintendo if hardware sales go up to ~40k or something as it implies that only ~60k existing owners bought the game.

When you consider this is the only real AAA title the system has had all year in Japan, it would show the active user base of the system is back to only a few thousand. That most consumers who have bought a Wii U no longer have any interest in buying games for it.

If the majority of Mario buyers are existing Wii U owners it at least gives Nintendo hope that people who own the system are still buying games for it and will be interested in future titles.

Fake. You are forgetting about digital sales. I for example, bought it that way.

Kresnik said:
Purple said:
Taiko was the other major flop there. Will probably crawl on for a little bit though.
I'll wait to see numbers but Wii U looking like the final nail has been hammered.

Holy hell, didn't even notice Taiko at the bottom there >.<

It'll sell with legs like all the titles do... but all the other titles have opened a hell of a lot better than that, too.

Wow, what a week.  All these games but no-one really interested.

everyone is waiting for PDZ and a DQX expansion on Wii =P

Lightining Returns: Final Fantasy XIII sold 555k first week and Super Mario 3D World 164k

With PDZ getting about 85% of the points every single other game on this list is getting.....it's literally raping Japan.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

ktay95 said:

everyone is waiting for PDZ and a DQX expansion on Wii =P

I know your comment was a bit tongue in cheek, but it is incredible just how much the market for traditional video games has been eroded by the demand for mobile games. Who would have thought five years ago Nintendo gamers would be ignoring Mario and preordering an improved mobile game instead.