By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

DMCV keeps on moving

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
konnichiwa said:

Yoshi is not really selling a lot anymore last one that did good was 12 years ago on DS.  

I expect maybe a 80K opening for this one and with luck reaching it 400-500K LTD.

The last one on WiiU did 30k FW/100k LTD.

The one on 3DS is probably a better comparison than Wii U, it opened at 58k and ended around 280k.

I think your prediction could be close though. The 3DS entry had a good install base to sell to but was a mediocre game. The Wii U entry was a good game but had a low install base to sell to.

The Switch entry looks like it will be good and has a large install base to sell to show it could do as well as the 3DS+Wii U entries combined.

That seems to be the pattern for Switch, selling more than what the equivalent WiiU and 3DS games did combined. Zelda's best-selling and first 3DS game and Wii U game, OOT3D and WWHD, add up to 7.9 million, BotW crushes that at 10.28 million. Odyssey is already at 3D Land's lifetime sales, so only has 5.8 million more to go to beat it and 3D World combined. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is harder to tell, but it's tracking about even with where Mario Kart 7 and 8 are combined, and is tracking ahead of even DS. Super Mario Party has already outsold MP: Island Tour and MP10 combined. Smash Ultimate has nearly passed Smash 3DS in a month and almost no one doubts it'll beat 3DS+WiiU combined anymore. Kirby Star Allies is already at Robobot+Rainbow Curse, and will probably reach Triple Deluxe+Rainbow Curse lifetime. Even Xenoblade Chronicles 2 beats XBC3DS and XBCX combined and Mario Tennis Aces beats MT: Open and MT: Ultra Smash combined. Of course, this is based on worldwide numbers, and some series did better or worse in Japan, but it's certainly a promising trend for Yoshi.

That said, I'm curious, where are you getting your numbers? VGChartz no longer has them for Japan.

HylianSwordsman said:
zorg1000 said:

The one on 3DS is probably a better comparison than Wii U, it opened at 58k and ended around 280k.

I think your prediction could be close though. The 3DS entry had a good install base to sell to but was a mediocre game. The Wii U entry was a good game but had a low install base to sell to.

The Switch entry looks like it will be good and has a large install base to sell to show it could do as well as the 3DS+Wii U entries combined.

That seems to be the pattern for Switch, selling more than what the equivalent WiiU and 3DS games did combined. Zelda's best-selling and first 3DS game and Wii U game, OOT3D and WWHD, add up to 7.9 million, BotW crushes that at 10.28 million. Odyssey is already at 3D Land's lifetime sales, so only has 5.8 million more to go to beat it and 3D World combined. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is harder to tell, but it's tracking about even with where Mario Kart 7 and 8 are combined, and is tracking ahead of even DS. Super Mario Party has already outsold MP: Island Tour and MP10 combined. Smash Ultimate has nearly passed Smash 3DS in a month and almost no one doubts it'll beat 3DS+WiiU combined anymore. Kirby Star Allies is already at Robobot+Rainbow Curse, and will probably reach Triple Deluxe+Rainbow Curse lifetime. Even Xenoblade Chronicles 2 beats XBC3DS and XBCX combined and Mario Tennis Aces beats MT: Open and MT: Ultra Smash combined. Of course, this is based on worldwide numbers, and some series did better or worse in Japan, but it's certainly a promising trend for Yoshi.

That said, I'm curious, where are you getting your numbers? VGChartz no longer has them for Japan.

Media Create top 1000 in 2014 & 2015.

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/media-create-sales-2014-cy-2013-12-30-2014-12-28.1076342/

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/media-create-sales-cy-2015-2014-dec-29-2016-jan-03.1277070/

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Look at DMC5 go! Nice. Keep it steady.

Day of the year Sony points Nintendo points Sony games Nintendo games Sony ratio Nintendo ratio
7-Jan-2019 793 53 18 2 44 27
14-Jan-2019 889 0 20 0 44 0
21-Jan-2019 934 8 19 1 49 8
28-Jan-2019 354 19 18 2 20 10
29-Jan-2019 360 19 18 2 20 10
30-Jan-2019 363 19 18 2 20 10
31-Jan-2019 367 20 18 2 20 10
Average 2019 757 23 19 1 40 18

Around the Network

One point for Sekiro. What are the expectations for this game? I am expecting a similar perfomance to Bloodborne.

nice to see sekiro getting more points, but still hope for more movement in the chart

Woah, is that an an OG Dragonball game? Not Z or Super? If so that's awesome.

DMC5 moves again. Nice. Keep it steady.