By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

Yay Jump Force moved! Gosh this chart is becoming very shitty very fast. Two more days and we'll probably start to dig pretty deep into the single digits. Two more weeks and it'll start to get really ugly. Yoshi isn't coming, I don't think, not for a while anyway. Even if he did, that's just one game, and it's not getting 500 points or anything, might not even get 50. I see no hype for that game. I mean here we are 60 days out and not even 8 points? Nintendo needs to do a direct, and soon, and announce some dates for Fire Emblem and Animal Crossing.

Around the Network

only 3 points for the whole chart, very bad

Day of the year Sony points Nintendo points Sony games Nintendo games Sony ratio Nintendo ratio
7-Jan-2019 793 53 18 2 44 27
14-Jan-2019 889 0 20 0 44 0
21-Jan-2019 934 8 19 1 49 8
28-Jan-2019 354 19 18 2 20 10
29-Jan-2019 360 19 18 2 20 10
30-Jan-2019 363 19 18 2 20 10
Average 2019 770 23 19 1 41 18

HylianSwordsman said:
Yay Jump Force moved! Gosh this chart is becoming very shitty very fast. Two more days and we'll probably start to dig pretty deep into the single digits. Two more weeks and it'll start to get really ugly. Yoshi isn't coming, I don't think, not for a while anyway. Even if he did, that's just one game, and it's not getting 500 points or anything, might not even get 50. I see no hype for that game. I mean here we are 60 days out and not even 8 points? Nintendo needs to do a direct, and soon, and announce some dates for Fire Emblem and Animal Crossing.

Yoshi is not really selling a lot anymore last one that did good was 12 years ago on DS.  

I expect maybe a 80K opening for this one and with luck reaching it 400-500K LTD.

The last one on WiiU did 30k FW/100k LTD.

Megiddo said:
MasonADC said:

Yeah excuse me, I did mean the limited edition. I think 30k is way to low. 60-70k is more likely imo 

Why would someone buy a PS4 for KH3 release week when they could buy it for a lower price and with 2 free games just a few weeks earlier? You do realize that just the other week the PS4 had its highest non-launch week for sales right? Those were the people buying it for AC7/KH3/RE2. Your ludicrously high numbers have no basis in reality when there is no discount or bundle.

We were both wrong, but I was closer :) 

Around the Network

Slow day,,, With Sekiro and Jump Force moving a bit.

konnichiwa said:
HylianSwordsman said:

Yoshi is not really selling a lot anymore last one that did good was 12 years ago on DS.  

I expect maybe a 80K opening for this one and with luck reaching it 400-500K LTD.

The last one on WiiU did 30k FW/100k LTD.

The one on 3DS is probably a better comparison than Wii U, it opened at 58k and ended around 280k.

I think your prediction could be close though. The 3DS entry had a good install base to sell to but was a mediocre game. The Wii U entry was a good game but had a low install base to sell to.

The Switch entry looks like it will be good and has a large install base to sell to show it could do as well as the 3DS+Wii U entries combined.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

DMC5 has a bit of hill to climb.

DmC - 117k FW
DMC4 - 250k FW

Should beat DmC, but I don't think it'll be able to touch DMC4.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
DMC5 has a bit of hill to climb.

DmC - 117k FW
DMC4 - 250k FW

Should beat DmC, but I don't think it'll be able to touch DMC4.

Too early to tell :).