By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

GdaTyler said:
NesFe said:
benji232 said:
How much did previous 3D Mario games averages in preorders in Japan?

We don't have japan preorder data, but for reference:

From gaf, Comgnet chain stores comparison - as of yesterday
Comg points and first-week sales (Famitsu):

[3DS] Super Mario 3D Land - 138pt (344,698 first-week sales)
[WII] Super Mario Galaxy 2 - 149pt (337,569 first-week sales)

[3DS] Luigi's Mansion 2 - 105pt (301,080 first-week sales)
[WII] Super Mario Galaxy - 107pt (256,341 first-week sales)

[3DS] Kid Icarus: Uprising - 50pt (144,468 first-week sales)
[WIIU] Pikmin 3 - 50pt (102,188 first-week sales)

[WIIU] Super Mario 3D World - 24pt

Logically that would make 100k sm3dw sales.

looks like so, which isn't terrible, especially since this is likely a game that will have legs...

How did Wii Party U do though? It had what 30pt? According to Media create it opened with 37pt......so realistically SM3DW is looking at 50-100k, which actually now looks kinda sad because Pikmin 3 had a better open.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network

Imagine if Mario does worse than Pikmin!

Love and tolerate.

Gooooooooooo God Eater 2

Damn i dont know what other vita game can pull of those number of points.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Yes. Mario showed up .

Now this chart still needs Zelda A Link Between World. Where's that? I know Japanese don't like Zelda anymore and the game's released a month later over there, but still. I want it!

Mario might get to 50 points at this rate :O

No but seriously this is too embarrassing now. I only hope the pre-orders to sales ratio is really favourable for the Wii U. I do think the low Mario numbers has something to do with the annual Mario releases since 2009 (and two Mario games last year)

Around the Network

WOOO GE2 Vita will be at 400 points next update
This will easily be the biggest Vita game in Japan

I just want to point out that while God Eater will be huge and have a bigger FW than any game before it; don't get your hopes up for a 1:1 transition of COMG points. It could possibly be higher; but I suspect it's likely to be lower.

Check the link in my sig (YES I KNOW; I haven't got around to ordering it properly yet).

But just contrast two games. On the one hand, you've got Soul Sacrifice. Similar to God Eater - bundled; released the same time as something else (Soul Sac - price cut; God Eater - VitaTV); hunting game. Achieved a massive ratio selling more than double what it got on COMG.

On the flip side, look at something like Phantasy Star Online 2. Also similar to God Eater - bundled; released the same time as something else (Phantasy Star - price cut; God Eater - VitaTV); from an established big-selling PSP franchise. Achieved a terrible ratio selling less than half of what it got on COMG.

I don't know which one it's more like, really. Perhaps Toukiden would've been a more apt comparison. But still, I expect COMG will be inflating the points compared to actual sales.

Kresnik said:
I just want to point out that while God Eater will be huge and have a bigger FW than any game before it; don't get your hopes up for a 1:1 transition of COMG points. It could possibly be higher; but I suspect it's likely to be lower.

Check the link in my sig (YES I KNOW; I haven't got around to ordering it properly yet).

But just contrast two games. On the one hand, you've got Soul Sacrifice. Similar to God Eater - bundled; released the same time as something else (Soul Sac - price cut; God Eater - VitaTV); hunting game. Achieved a massive ratio selling more than double what it got on COMG.

On the flip side, look at something like Phantasy Star Online 2. Also similar to God Eater - bundled; released the same time as something else (Phantasy Star - price cut; God Eater - VitaTV); from an established big-selling PSP franchise. Achieved a terrible ratio selling less than half of what it got on COMG.

I don't know which one it's more like, really. Perhaps Toukiden would've been a more apt comparison. But still, I expect COMG will be inflating the points compared to actual sales.

I wouldn't look to Phantasy Star Online 2 for comparison since It's F2P and most people who wanted a physical copy probably pre-ordered it just in case leading to a low ratio. Also if by some miracle it pulled a ratio close Soul Sacrife then we'd be looking at Monster Hunter type numbers.

So I'd say Toukiden is what we should go off of but maybe a bit less (say about 1:800). That would put it's first week as of right now at 316k. But still I based my prediction off of the 1:1000 ratio mainly because that would be a badass opening for a Vita game.

PSN: extremeM

PlayStation Vita Japanese Software Sales (Media Create Physical/ Famitsu Digital)

BlowoverKing said:

I wouldn't look to Phantasy Star Online 2 for comparison since It's F2P and most people who wanted a physical copy probably pre-ordered it just in case leading to a low ratio. Also if by some miracle it pulled a ratio close Soul Sacrife then we'd be looking at Monster Hunter type numbers.

So I'd say Toukiden is what we should go off of but maybe a bit less (say about 1:800). That would put it's first week as of right now at 316k. But still I based my prediction off of the 1:1000 ratio mainly because that would be a badass opening for a Vita game.

I just think the fact that it's an established IP is inflating it and that's why it's difficult to compare to SoulSac/Toukiden.  God Eater Burst regularly shows up at the bottom of the weekly chart in COMG; and also in the pre-owned sales if you ever follow that.  

COMG definitely swings towards established IP's as well as Sony consoles.  That's probably indicitive of pre-ordering as a whole; but it makes it difficult to draw comparisons.  Perhaps something like Tales would've been a better comparison (established IP; anime-inspired).

I still think it'll blow past 200k; possibly 250k; and I'll be highly impressive with anything more than that.  270k would make it double P4G's opening week and almost more than that game's LT sales.

ok day overall

LoZ will do so well in japan!