By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

tbone51 said:
DQ is still away aways... It needs to start doing much better, mostly by the 3ds side.

Splat2 i still stand by (that it wont get that high in pre orders like 1k+)

Dq11 3DS underperformance is likely due to fans on the Nintendo side waiting for the Switch version. So in the end Nintendo and SE will get their sales.  I wouldn't worry about it. 

Around the Network
celador said:
really surprised the PS4 version of DQ is staying so close to the 3DD

I'm assuming A lot of Japanese have moved onto the Switch for their handheld gaming, as theres a switch version in the Pipeline

celador said:
really surprised the PS4 version of DQ is staying so close to the 3DS

also surprised more Japanese aren't taking a chance on ARMs, at least not yet. wonder if we will see a boost after the Direct, I don't fancy there will be much of one

There will be a notable boost if a Test Arms comes out for it. (Like testfire for splat1) imo

Kerotan said:
tbone51 said:
DQ is still away aways... It needs to start doing much better, mostly by the 3ds side.

Splat2 i still stand by (that it wont get that high in pre orders like 1k+)

Dq11 3DS underperformance is likely due to fans on the Nintendo side waiting for the Switch version. So in the end Nintendo and SE will get their sales.  I wouldn't worry about it. 

I can see that but only so much. Its not like switch version is coming out this year. I also think ratio will be much better on 3ds side as it seems like more the hardcore fans are split even between the 2 sku.

That said the games need to pick up, even if its 2months+ away. As Out pointed out, these are the games that need huge first weeks as dragons dont really have legs lol. For franchise comparisons, around 2mil fw would be kinda bad, especially when the games are on 2 sytems (3ds being one with 20mil+ install base)

Its not like MH/pokemon/ac/etc. It needs a very strong FW. 

Do we have DQ comparisons for FW+LTD? (Especially 7/8/9)

God damn it, move Tekken 7!!!

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
Kerotan said:

I can see that but only so much. Its not like switch version is coming out this year. I also think ratio will be much better on 3ds side as it seems like more the hardcore fans are split even between the 2 sku.

That said the games need to pick up, even if its 2months+ away. As Out pointed out, these are the games that need huge first weeks as dragons dont really have legs lol. For franchise comparisons, around 2mil fw would be kinda bad, especially when the games are on 2 sytems (3ds being one with 20mil+ install base)

Its not like MH/pokemon/ac/etc. It needs a very strong FW. 

Do we have DQ comparisons for FW+LTD? (Especially 7/8/9)

Are you sure it won't be out this year? 

Dragon Quest ps4 in beast mode!

Hopefully Splatoon 2 and ARMS will get a boost tomorrow after today's direct

Good day for Splatoon. Hopefully the ARMS direct and Testpunch will have a positive effect on it in japan. The great Ace Attorney makes me sad.