By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

Around the Network
Kresnik said:
We've been treated to two of the biggest IP's in Japan in quick succession. There's now nothing particularly "big" releasing in the next few weeks. Things will be slow :P

Though, I'm surprised some of the 3DS games aren't putting on more of a show; particularly child-friendly ones like Little Battlers. I'd have thought weekends would've been their domain for points (compared to Vita/PS3 games, which tend to have a more constant stream that doesn't spike as much).

I agree...pretty much. But it's still a weekend. Shouldn't it be more impressive than, say, during the week?

Still, I remember earlier in the year when there was like 6 points over EVERYTHING COMBINED. So it ain't that bad.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

I like to look those charts (either pre-orders or sales) not focusing on the best sellers or looking it like a competition. It is more important for me as an assessment of the state of Japanese gaming industry, the health of some companies, and the future of some franchises that interest me.

Being so, I am glad to see the recent numbers. No one will match the best sellers this year, but even the pre-order and the sales charts are showing a better state for the industry than a few months and weeks ago. Now we are seeing good numbers not only for 2 or 3 games, but a lot of "mid-tier" games doing fine. For example, today, the charts are good because it is not important only to invent a competition between God Eater 2 Vita versus Puzzle and Dragons Z only to say "Nintendo pwns Sony" or "Sony pwns Nintendo".

It is good to see that games like Drakengard 3, Hyperdimension Neptunia Rebirth and Blazblue are on their way of doing well, so we may see Square Enix, for example, trusting more in traditional games for consoles and handhelds instead of moving everything to mobile as social games.

pezus said:
saicho said:
pezus said:

I don't know why people are doubting GT. It will sell 300k+ in Japan FW, but Japan is its least important market. It will be MASSIVE in Europe. You say "next gen is coming" and I say "GTA"

300K+ Fw would mean it will finish around 500K in Japan. That would be a decline from GT5.

I know. I didn't say it wouldn't decline. People are already calling it a flop for declining in Japan, which is its least important market.

we are in a thread about pre-orders in Japan. One would think the performance in Japan is the only performance that matters.

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

outlawauron said:
Michael-5 said:
think-man said:

More than GE 2 combined?

Probably just 1 version, but when people talk about the impact of GE2 for PSV, it's looking to be a smaller game in Japan then Puzzles & Dragons atm.

P&D would have to explode in sales to beat GE2's combined sales. It could happen, but I don't think so.

P&DZ will sell a lot of the current fanbase. I think both games won't have a huge impact on hardware, but GE2 has the cool bundle helping it whereas PDZ doesn't.

I was refering to software sales.

You might be right about which game gives a bigger boost to hardware, but you also might be wrong. If Puzzles and Dragons is a bigger game in Japan, then it needs to push less consoles per game sold to match the boost God Eater 2 gives. Plus since God Eater 2 is available on PSP, I'm sure a lot of current PSP owners would be reluctant to upgrade systems.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network
Michael-5 said:
outlawauron said:
Michael-5 said:
think-man said:

More than GE 2 combined?

Probably just 1 version, but when people talk about the impact of GE2 for PSV, it's looking to be a smaller game in Japan then Puzzles & Dragons atm.

P&D would have to explode in sales to beat GE2's combined sales. It could happen, but I don't think so.

P&DZ will sell a lot of the current fanbase. I think both games won't have a huge impact on hardware, but GE2 has the cool bundle helping it whereas PDZ doesn't.

You might be right about which game gives a bigger boost to hardware, but you also might be wrong. If Puzzles and Dragons is a bigger game in Japan, then it needs to push less consoles per game sold to match the boost God Eater 2 gives. Plus since God Eater 2 is available on PSP, I'm sure a lot of current PSP owners would be reluctant to upgrade systems.

God Eater isn't really big enough to be very mainstream, so if anything the very obvious differences between PSP/Vita versions will encourage more to upgrade. Especially after seeing their friends play the better version. See Toukiden for an example, but God Eater will be bigger and have higher production values.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
Michael-5 said:
outlawauron said:

God Eater isn't really big enough to be very mainstream, so if anything the very obvious differences between PSP/Vita versions will encourage more to upgrade. Especially after seeing their friends play the better version. See Toukiden for an example, but God Eater will be bigger and have higher production values.

Toukiden gave PSP a 30% (~2k) boost in sales and PSV a 52% (~11k) boost in sales. It also only sold ~50% better on PSV then PSP. That means quite a few people stuck with their PSP and played the lower end version (I don't see a huge difference in graphics). If a lot of people stick with their PSP for GE2 like they did Toukiden, then people should have friends on both consoles.

Now, if say Puzzles & Dragons is 50% bigger of a game then God Eater 2, then it only needs to boost hardware by 66% as much as GE2 to match it. P&D might do that.

Plus, it really matters how you look at it. PSV might see a larger % boost in sales due to God Eater 2, but 3DS will likely see a bigger # boost (more extra units sold) due to P&D because the system is significantly more popular, and the game is bigger.

---

P.S. YEA Drakengard! Climb! CLIMB!

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database

Michael-5 said:
outlawauron said:
Michael-5 said:
outlawauron said:

Toukiden gave PSP a 30% (~2k) boost in sales and PSV a 52% (~11k) boost in sales. It also only sold ~50% better on PSV then PSP. That means quite a few people stuck with their PSP and played the lower end version (I don't see a huge difference in graphics). If a lot of people stick with their PSP for GE2 like they did Toukiden, then people should have friends on both consoles.

Now, if say Puzzles & Dragons is 50% bigger of a game then God Eater 2, then it only needs to boost hardware by 66% as much as GE2 to match it. P&D might do that.

Plus, it really matters how you look at it. PSV might see a larger % boost in sales due to God Eater 2, but 3DS will likely see a bigger # boost (more extra units sold) due to P&D because the system is significantly more popular, and the game is bigger.

---

PDZ will likely be a slow burn (parents making kids wait for otoshidama to get one) whereas GE's impact on HW will be almost entirely 1st week.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
Michael-5 said:
outlawauron said:

---

PDZ will likely be a slow burn (parents making kids wait for otoshidama to get one) whereas GE's impact on HW will be almost entirely 1st week.

Or PDZ will hit hard first week AND "burn slowly" for a couple months. :-O

lol, we'll see what happens, I wonder what big Vita game will replace God Eater 2? Freedom Wars?

Little Brawlers and One Piece are contenders to make it in my list. Especially OP. I'm surprised at how badly it's doing.

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David