By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

Jranation said:
KilleyMc said:
Switch might have made some people forget about FE Echoes and I know that it still has two months to show up, but I'm really starting to wonder what the hell is happening in Comg with that game.

Yeah. Im worried about that game too. Nintendo is hardly talking about it. So hopefully they will next month after the Switch Launch Hype starts to die down. 

Well, they wont do that right now, with Monster Hunter XX about to release.Its simply a stupid move that would kill sales from it.

Personally I dont even think that MH will be talked about at E3.If I had to venture a guess, the earliest we would hear about it is in a direct closer to the end of the year.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network
m_csquare said:
tbone51 said:

Yeah where is your source? It could happen but its not guarteed. We be hearing this MH for sony tune for years now. If sony is surely trying to get MH, wouldnt Nintendo surely try to keep it exclusive as well? Time will tell

Nah, Capcom only follows the money. If switch is not selling well, 100% capcom will jump out of nintendo boat

Switch is going  to outsell ps4 in the japan market. And thats where MH sales come from. Aside from that there is still the 3ds

KilleyMc said:
Switch might have made some people forget about FE Echoes and I know that it still has two months to show up, but I'm really starting to wonder what the hell is happening in Comg with that game.

Yeah, I thought it would've appeared by now. Still, marketing for the game is still weak, probably Nintendo was busy promoting the Switch. Now that the system already launched, maybe they start promoting Fire Emblem harder.

However, remember that the game is a remake, and not a main entry. So expectations are lower than the last entries.

Media Create Annual Archive (Spanish version)

http://zonaforo.meristation.com/topic/2246651/

celador said:
Kerotan said:

Sony will surely be lobbying to get MH5 as a ps5/Switch title like DQ11 and not exclusive. 

Maybe, but this franchise has been massive for a long time now and the series hasn't been on a Sony platform for a decade

It was on the PSP in 2010.

tbone51 said:
m_csquare said:

Nah, Capcom only follows the money. If switch is not selling well, 100% capcom will jump out of nintendo boat

Switch is going  to outsell ps4 in the japan market. And thats where MH sales come from. Aside from that there is still the 3ds

Bookmarked.

Almost there, 1.5+2.5. Keep going. Don't let Tom Clancy get ahead.

Around the Network

seems Japan still loves the vita

MH5= 3ds/switch for me!

nickohh said:
MH5= 3ds/switch for me!

Hopefully an advanced ps4/pro version too like with DQ11.  Imagine MH in 4k!

Jranation said:
KilleyMc said:

Yeah. Im worried about that game too. Nintendo is hardly talking about it. So hopefully they will next month after the Switch Launch Hype starts to die down. 

Yeah, I hope for that too. I wouldn't mind getting more remakes of FE games that never got an official release in the west, so I want this one to be as succesful as possible.

hiska-kun said:
KilleyMc said:

Yeah, I thought it would've appeared by now. Still, marketing for the game is still weak, probably Nintendo was busy promoting the Switch. Now that the system already launched, maybe they start promoting Fire Emblem harder.

However, remember that the game is a remake, and not a main entry. So expectations are lower than the last entries.

Well, weak marketing and focus on Switch should help explain the low number of preorders so far, but seeing that 3DS Dragon Ball game that launches close to it getting at least one point regularly while Echoes still needs to show up is weird.

I know that Japan isn't exactly fan of them, but judging for what little we were shown, this looks like one hell of a remake, and many people that bought Awakening and/or Fates probably've never played the original game. Maybe, as you've said, not being a main entry is a bigger issue than what I'd have thought.

The COMG website seems to be down right now so I'll try again later.