By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

rodea_sky_soldier said:
Kresnik said:
Gonna be interesting to see what happens with the Switch games in February if what I've read so far is true.

Apparently if you pre-order a Switch (console), you have to order a game with it too (either Zelda or 1-2 Switch). And COMG is accepting pre-orders on the console until 31st January then closing them.

So we may see a run on orders for the next few days and then nothing for a while. Unless none of that was true, lol.

What? Why os that? Closing on jan's 31? even for games? Weird! Also, some online stores like play-asia don't have pre-orders yet for a bunch of launch titles like I am Setsuna or Disgaea5 (wich kind of explain why those games doesn't popped up yet. I want to understand this situation.

Could it be that demand is so high that the shops are waiting to see if they're going to get enough shipments, in fear of having to cancel a whole lot of preorders otherwise? If so, Nintendo has really struck Gold in Japan with the Switch, but has to ramp up the production too to meet the demands if the concerns where to be true

Around the Network

Switch is gonna be huge, Zelda - Splatoon - Mario. 4M first year japan.

iNathan said:

I wish, onlu way for 4mil would be splatoon 2 to crry that momentum into holiday with super mario oddessy.

I think itll do very good but 2.5mil is my guess if switch takes off in the summer. 

iNathan said:

Eh...... When was the last console that sold 4mil in a year in Japan? If Splatoon can do over 1.5mil in the first year, we can see the Switch doing 2mil already. But if Pokemon Stars is true........ 

Bofferbrauer2 said:
rodea_sky_soldier said:

What? Why os that? Closing on jan's 31? even for games? Weird! Also, some online stores like play-asia don't have pre-orders yet for a bunch of launch titles like I am Setsuna or Disgaea5 (wich kind of explain why those games doesn't popped up yet. I want to understand this situation.

Could it be that demand is so high that the shops are waiting to see if they're going to get enough shipments, in fear of having to cancel a whole lot of preorders otherwise? If so, Nintendo has really struck Gold in Japan with the Switch, but has to ramp up the production too to meet the demands if the concerns where to be true

Thats what I thought too. Japan probably got around 500k of them 2mil shipments. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
Days Left Zelda: BotW Zelda: SS Zelda: TP
33 199 46  
32   47  
31   47  

Weekly ranking (2017.01.30):

Holy Fuck! MHXX AND ZELDA IS KILLING IT ON SUNDAY! 1 2 Switch is on its way to get 100 points!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

rodea_sky_soldier said:
Kresnik said:
Gonna be interesting to see what happens with the Switch games in February if what I've read so far is true.

Apparently if you pre-order a Switch (console), you have to order a game with it too (either Zelda or 1-2 Switch). And COMG is accepting pre-orders on the console until 31st January then closing them.

So we may see a run on orders for the next few days and then nothing for a while. Unless none of that was true, lol.

This is a COMG-specific situation, where you need to pre-order a Switch with either Zelda or 1/2 Switch. And while pre-orders on the console will be closed on January 31st, of course that doesn't mean games will stop pre-orders (even if obviously Zelda and 1/2 Switch should definitely see a slowdown compared to their first preorder week).

Wow! You asked a new IP? Here, 1-2-switch! Don't liked? Not my problem! Hahaha
And goooo, ZELDA!!!! Now, Bomberman, get some points!