By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

OttoniBastos said:
Wait did SE shipped 1.1 million? I knew they overshipped. That 5 millions were too much for this game.

Final Fantasy is always over shipped just like practically every AAA game.  They mass ship it then get heavily discounted a month later. I've even seen battlefield 1 selling at 40% less its launch price and that games been selling like hot cakes.  Even if SE sells at a discount i guess they would be hoping some of those gamers would buy a season pass which makes up the difference lost.  We all know that SE basically has all the assets already made for the season pass,  they just be recycling stuff from its 10 year development that didn't make the final cut so its probably still part of the original game budget.  When they made 13-2 some of the bosses that didn't make it into 13 (but found in FF13s games code) were just thrown into 13-2 as story bosses even lol

Around the Network
think-man said:
OttoniBastos said:
Wait did SE shipped 1.1 million? I knew they overshipped. That 5 millions were too much for this game.

Final Fantasy is always over shipped just like practically every AAA game.  They mass ship it then get heavily discounted a month later. I've even seen battlefield 1 selling at 40% less its launch price and that games been selling like hot cakes.  Even if SE sells at a discount i guess they would be hoping some of those gamers would buy a season pass which makes up the difference lost.  We all know that SE basically has all the assets already made for the season pass,  they just be recycling stuff from its 10 year development that didn't make the final cut so its probably still part of the original game budget.  When they made 13-2 some of the bosses that didn't make it into 13 (but found in FF13s games code) were just thrown into 13-2 as story bosses even lol

XV in japan already got heavy discounts http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1323277

No update today?

Boutros said:
Well if Square Enix really did ship over 1.1m copies then yeah it might need price cuts lol

Why would retailers accept so many for a first shipment? 1m would have been just fine.

People assume retailers and SE overestimated the demand. And yes 1M would´ve been perfect shipment number.

OttoniBastos said:

I do not think those 5 million are too much. It´s actually pretty fitting. Unless of course there is a 50% decline in every country which simply doesn´t look to be the case. I think the coming weeks will show whats really going to happen. XIII-like dropoff or slightly stronger legs.

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
think-man said:

XV in japan already got heavy discounts http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1323277

"Heavy discounts" really?..

All 3 new titles are Playstation. And 2 are ps4. Excellent update!

So yakuza and the last guardian are the last significant ps4 titles releasing this year. Is there anything left? Western titles even?

tbone51 said:
think-man said:

You call 20% heavy lol my local game store has dropped titanfall 2 price by 57% what would you call that then? 

https://www.ebgames.co.nz/xbox-one-216076-Titanfall-2-Xbox-One

Note that its in NZ dollars. 

This is the first Danganronpa game on PS4, right? Are japanese companies moving from Vita to PS4?

Yokai Watch beasting it today!

Pocky Lover Boy!