By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

The battle between GE2 is interesting

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Around the Network
Conegamer said:
So if Pokemon has 1.26mil preorders now, we could say it'll have 1.5 mil before launch.

Black and White opened to 2.6mil with 1.1mil preorders.

So would it be reasonable to say around 3mil in Japan FW alone?

Black & White pre-orders are wrong (that number is one month before the release). Final number is 1.88 million.

Black & White 2 final pre-order number was 1.28mil. 

Source is Media Create:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=39357012&postcount=326

Media Create Annual Archive (Spanish version)

http://zonaforo.meristation.com/topic/2246651/

Steady day, GTA is doing great for a western game.

Michael-5 said:
outlawauron said:
Michael-5 said:

LOL, it was alright, but honestly Star Ocean: The Last Hope was better, and this gen SE kinda flopped on console JRPG's.

We're just on opposite ends of the spectrum. I loated and hated SO4 (developed by Tri-Ace, not Square), while I really loved FF13. Outside of SO4, I've enjoyed just about every game they've published this generation (outside of just a few).

Star Ocean isn't a particularly great game, I just thought it was better then FFXIII. What did Square Enix develop for home consoles this gen? The Last Remnant? Even FFXIII-2 was co-developed by Tri-Ace.

We are on opposite ends of the spectrum though, I hate Nier, Front Mission Evolved was great, but nothing compared to Front Mission 1, 3, & 4, and Star Ocean 4 wasn't as good as the old games, but to be fair Deus Ex looks great (own it, but haven't had a chance to play it yet)

Lost Odyssey, and XenoBlade I think are amazing games.

Square Enix just isn't what they used to be, before 2003, before the merge with Enix, Squaresoft used to make the best of the best games. Now they are just mediocre (on consoles, on handhelds they are still great).

I don't want to keep this going off topic for much longer, but I'll leave it with this.

Square's quality has largely been the same over the years, but people like some and hate others because they don't really stick to a formula or world. Outside of keeping certain elements (chocobo, gil, potion, ether, etc.), all of the games share very few gameplay elements outside of the turn based foundation. This creates the polarization. That's my thoughts on it.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
Michael-5 said:
outlawauron said:
Michael-5 said:

LOL, it was alright, but honestly Star Ocean: The Last Hope was better, and this gen SE kinda flopped on console JRPG's.

We're just on opposite ends of the spectrum. I loated and hated SO4 (developed by Tri-Ace, not Square), while I really loved FF13. Outside of SO4, I've enjoyed just about every game they've published this generation (outside of just a few).

Star Ocean isn't a particularly great game, I just thought it was better then FFXIII. What did Square Enix develop for home consoles this gen? The Last Remnant? Even FFXIII-2 was co-developed by Tri-Ace.

We are on opposite ends of the spectrum though, I hate Nier, Front Mission Evolved was great, but nothing compared to Front Mission 1, 3, & 4, and Star Ocean 4 wasn't as good as the old games, but to be fair Deus Ex looks great (own it, but haven't had a chance to play it yet)

Lost Odyssey, and XenoBlade I think are amazing games.

Square Enix just isn't what they used to be, before 2003, before the merge with Enix, Squaresoft used to make the best of the best games. Now they are just mediocre (on consoles, on handhelds they are still great).

I don't want to keep this going off topic for much longer, but I'll leave it with this.

Square's quality has largely been the same over the years, but people like some and hate others because they don't really stick to a formula or world. Outside of keeping certain elements (chocobo, gil, potion, ether, etc.), all of the games share very few gameplay elements outside of the turn based foundation. This creates the polarization. That's my thoughts on it.

Maybe, if what you say it true, then I just liked the style of games Square made in the 90's better then the stuff that's around now.

However there has always been variation among Square/Square Enix games. How is it that I loved everything they made in the 90's, but hate most of the stuff they make now? Even the new IP's Square Enix makes, they don't feel as epic as they used to feel. I mean I loved Drakengard, but it doesn't hold a candle to Front Mission 1, Chrono Trigger, Super Mario RPG, or XenoGears.

I'll have to end this with we disagree. Even you admit SO4 is not as good as older entires, and I think that's the case with most of Square Enix's IP's. I don't think the quality of their games has remained the same, and I don't think I just dislike the new style of games they make.

I mean, I loved XenoBlade, which is made by the same people who made XenoGears (Squaresoft published), and I think XenoBlade shares a lot of gameplay elements with Final Fantasy and newer style JRPG's (It's very different from XenoGears). So how is it that I can like this game, but dislike so much newer SE games, which play similarly?

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network

The question remains, will the japanese launch of GTAV put the PS3 version's WW launch above the 360's ?

Mordred11 said:
The question remains, will the japanese launch of GTAV put the PS3 version's WW launch above the 360's ?

Maybe.

hiska-kun said:
Conegamer said:
So if Pokemon has 1.26mil preorders now, we could say it'll have 1.5 mil before launch.

Black and White opened to 2.6mil with 1.1mil preorders.

So would it be reasonable to say around 3mil in Japan FW alone?

Black & White pre-orders are wrong (that number is one month before the release). Final number is 1.88 million.

Black & White 2 final pre-order number was 1.28mil. 

Source is Media Create:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=39357012&postcount=326

Cool, but there's still 2 weeks for X/Y to gain more preorders (MC reported 1.26mil preorders as of 9/29) and that number w/out hardware bundles, right? which are super popular, too. Also many gamers will buy game digitally, etc. I think X/Y launch numbers will be way higher than D/P in 2006, little less than B/W.

Pokemon Company expects D/P numbers for X/Y in the end http://kotaku.com/everyone-gets-pokemon-x-and-y-at-the-same-time-heres-1440558100  B/W debuted higher than D/P, but lifetime sales was 2M less worldwide.

Kresnik said:

I need to retag this thread but nothing particularly exciting (to me) happened today.

So here's Monokuma since Conegamer would've told me off for just posting that one line on its own:

Good. Glad we are on the same page here.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Kresnik said:

I need to retag this thread but nothing particularly exciting (to me) happened today.

So here's Monokuma since Conegamer would've told me off for just posting that one line on its own:

Good. Glad we are on the same page here.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.