By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

think-man said:
Michael-5 said:

Can you say that with absolute certainty? The game sold 7 million units between PS3/360, can you say that more then 30% (you said millions, with an s) of game owners loved it?

LOL, it was alright, but honestly Star Ocean: The Last Hope was better, and this gen SE kinda flopped on console JRPG's.

Naaah Star Ocean was horrible xD I couldnt bring myself to finish it, and im a BIG Star Ocean fan. 13-2 was better than 13 I hope 13-3 ends up being the best.

Maybe.

My favorite JRPG's for consoles this gen we're SE, which is a shame because SE has made some excellent games in the past.

Lost Odyssey, XenoBlade, and Valkyria Chronicles all strike me as the best JRPG's this gen. Ni No Kuni looks good too.....

wait....

....WAIT.......

Square Enix might have a good console JRPG (other then FFXIII-2) this gen after all! Drakengard 3 is Square Enix!

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network
tonio_13 said:
Michael-5 said:
outlawauron said:
Michael-5 said:
think-man said:
That and the fact that 13 was a horrible game. Why keep milking the Final Fantasy that is hated by fans.....

I know some people who liked 13.

For me, I played it for a few hours.....I think automatic combat is self explanetory. Lost Odyssey was the Final Fantasy game we never got this gen.

Millions of people liked 13! Including myself!

Can you say that with absolute certainty? The game sold 7 million units between PS3/360, can you say that more then 30% (you said millions, with an s) of game owners loved it?

LOL, it was alright, but honestly Star Ocean: The Last Hope was better, and this gen SE kinda flopped on console JRPG's.

This is obvious(FF XIII), we can even say in the end that more people liked it.

Otherwise, gamers score wouldn't be around 80 % on the internet. And that is knowing that internet opinions mostly represents core fans who are the one hating FF XIII the most. So this evidence is not even taking into consideration millions of casual jrpg player, who bought this game.

The same can't be said about SOTLH.

Star Ocean wasn't great, but nothing SE was last gen (hoping Drakengard 3 changes that).

I don't like metacritic, a lot of average games get high scores because of the name. Halo would be a prime example, most fans thought 4 was pretty bad compared to Bungie games, yet the score is still super high.

I remember the reviewer for Gamespot got in a lot of trouble over his Dragon Age 2 review. He gave it a 7/10 and nearly got fired because Dragon Age 2 paid for most of the advertizing on the website at the time. If reviewers can't give unbaised and truthful reviews, then scores will be high. This is why most great video games get scores in the 90's, when most great movies score in the 80's, there is inflation in video game scores.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database

Oh, man, I am pretty bad at predictions. Just when I said Puzzle & Dragons would easily overtake Lightning Returns, the latter got an increase while the former slowed down. :/

Michael-5 said:
outlawauron said:
Michael-5 said:
think-man said:
That and the fact that 13 was a horrible game. Why keep milking the Final Fantasy that is hated by fans.....

I know some people who liked 13.

For me, I played it for a few hours.....I think automatic combat is self explanetory. Lost Odyssey was the Final Fantasy game we never got this gen.

Millions of people liked 13! Including myself!

We're just on opposite ends of the spectrum. I loated and hated SO4 (developed by Tri-Ace, not Square), while I really loved FF13. Outside of SO4, I've enjoyed just about every game they've published this generation (outside of just a few).

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

Pokemon first week sales will be very interesting. Will it get over 1 million?

Purple said:

Its already confirmed! We have over a week left and pre orders are 1.26mil in japan. This doesn't include hardware bundles at all which could add up to another 100k!

tbone51 said:
Purple said:

Its already confirmed! We have over a week left and pre orders are 1.26mil in japan. This doesn't include hardware bundles at all which could add up to another 100k!

What?! That's great news! I thought that one million thing was worldwide. Do you have a source just so I know you're not getting my hopes up ;)

Purple said:
tbone51 said:
Purple said:

What?! That's great news! I thought that one million thing was worldwide. Do you have a source just so I know you're not getting my hopes up ;)

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=689085

outlawauron said:
Michael-5 said:

We're just on opposite ends of the spectrum. I loated and hated SO4 (developed by Tri-Ace, not Square), while I really loved FF13. Outside of SO4, I've enjoyed just about every game they've published this generation (outside of just a few).

Star Ocean isn't a particularly great game, I just thought it was better then FFXIII. What did Square Enix develop for home consoles this gen? The Last Remnant? Even FFXIII-2 was co-developed by Tri-Ace.

We are on opposite ends of the spectrum though, I hate Nier, Front Mission Evolved was great, but nothing compared to Front Mission 1, 3, & 4, and Star Ocean 4 wasn't as good as the old games, but to be fair Deus Ex looks great (own it, but haven't had a chance to play it yet)

Lost Odyssey, and XenoBlade I think are amazing games.

Square Enix just isn't what they used to be, before 2003, before the merge with Enix, Squaresoft used to make the best of the best games. Now they are just mediocre (on consoles, on handhelds they are still great).