By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

Toukiden doesn't seem to be doing so hot. Comparison?

I foresee Koei-Tecmo's strategy absolutely backfiring with this game. Vita version sells less than expected because they've made it pretty clear they're prioritizing PS4. PS4 version bombs, PS3 version too. Game comes west and sells very little. IP gets buried.

I hope that doesn't happen of course. I'm not a fan myself, but I respect what they achieved with Age of Demons and hoped they could make something good out of the IP.

Around the Network

Some decent movement at last

Yokai is on fire.still disappointed me overall ,especially the final fantasy.

Ryng_Tolu said:
small44 said:

Japanese are watching E3? I doubt it.

Let's be serius, all world watched the E3.

I don't remember that E3 boosted the charts in previous year.With the numbers of Japanese games show in E3 why would Japanese follow it?

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Kresnik said:

I foresee Koei-Tecmo's strategy absolutely backfiring with this game. Vita version sells less than expected because they've made it pretty clear they're prioritizing PS4. PS4 version bombs, PS3 version too. Game comes west and sells very little. IP gets buried.

I hope that doesn't happen of course. I'm not a fan myself, but I respect what they achieved with Age of Demons and hoped they could make something good out of the IP.

Toukiden 2 vita: 27 pt

Toukiden Vita: 17pt

Toukiden PSP: 15pt

I am sure the PS3+PS4 versions have more then 5 points. In the end it will do far worse due to PSP ratios at COMG. And Koei Tecmo tends to do well with most of their games regardless of their strategy.

Around the Network

Hopefully this is the start for the Yokai Comeback!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=207449940&postcount=109

First day sell-through.

[3DS] Taiko no Tatsujin Dokodon! Mystery Adventure - a little under 20%
Apparently first shipment is kinda limited/low too.

[PSV] Hakuouki: Shinkai Hana no Shou - about 50%

[PS4/PSV] Root Letter - both a little over 40%

[3DS] Kouenji Joshi Soccer 3: Koisuru Eleven Itsuka wa Heaven - about 20%

One point for Toukiden 2 and welcome back Persona 5!

Kresnik said:

Actually I'm very confident in Toukiden 2. 
I am predicting ~500k lifetime for the game.

Dr.Vita said:
Kresnik said:

Actually I'm very confident in Toukiden 2. 
I am predicting ~500k lifetime for the game.

I don't think so. Games typically decline in their sequels. Not sure what'll make Toukiden 2 do better than the first. Hunting games on console don't sell as well as handhelds.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.