By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

Jranation said:
OneKartVita said:

O.o really?!!! 

I thought it was on track to outsell them all but obviously it was the PSP and ps2 it's on track to pass. 

For a few years now I've thought the DS sold around 22m. 

So in Japan the 3DS despite good sales has actually decreased by a lot in Japan.  That changes my perspective because I was thinking the handheld market for Nintendo had remained flat.  

So would you expect the decrease to continue with the next handheld?  Maybe 15-17m sales? 

I guess you got mixed up between the PS2 which got around 23m according to VgCHartz. Not that far! 

Yeah there were a few consoles around the 20m mark and for some reason I thought all the top selling consoles were around that Mark.  

I'm less optimistic about next gen now because I'd assumed the 3DS hasn't declined in Japan over its predecessor.  But it has significantly and I expect that to continue next gen in Japan. 

Around the Network
OneKartVita said:
Jranation said:

I guess you got mixed up between the PS2 which got around 23m according to VgCHartz. Not that far! 

Yeah there were a few consoles around the 20m mark and for some reason I thought all the top selling consoles were around that Mark.  

I'm less optimistic about next gen now because I'd assumed the 3DS hasn't declined in Japan over its predecessor.  But it has significantly and I expect that to continue next gen in Japan. 

I guess everything is declining in Japan. 

- PSP (20M) ---> PSV ( 4.7M) 

- Wii (12.7M) ----> Wii U (3.1M) 

- X360 (1.6M) --- > XONE (0.07M) 

Maybe PS4 still has a chance? 

- PS3 (10.4M) ----->  PS4 (2.52M) 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Jranation said:
OneKartVita said:

PS4 will be lucky with 7 million.

Ryng_Tolu said:
Jranation said:

PS4 will be lucky with 7 million.

Considering the quick weekly rise and the fact that no major AAA mainline exclusive (FF, DQ) hit the system yet, and the potential of pricedrops, VR and western IPs (ex: GTA, CoD), I think its a bit early to say that the PS4 will only do 7 million LT in Japan. IMO 10 million is not out of reach yet.

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

OneKartVita said:
hiska-kun said:

We're in a Japan sales thread, and that's why you need to check Japan Sales one more time. 

NDS sold more than 33 million in Japan, and 3DS has sold 20 millions, 13 millions of difference. Now tell me the Nintendo secret plan that will make 3DS outsell NDS.

O.o really?!!! 

I thought it was on track to outsell them all but obviously it was the PSP and ps2 it's on track to pass. 

For a few years now I've thought the DS sold around 22m. 

So in Japan the 3DS despite good sales has actually decreased by a lot in Japan.  That changes my perspective because I was thinking the handheld market for Nintendo had remained flat.  

So would you expect the decrease to continue with the next handheld?  Maybe 15-17m sales? 

The market expanded during the NDS days, now just went back to where it was before the spike.

3DS managed to outsell GBA and PSP in Japan, and with Monster Hunter, Pokemon, Yo-kai Watch, Animal Crossing and other Nintendo franchises on their next handheld, it will be safe. With these franchises it can outsell GBA again.

The problem of the handheld market is the west. 3DS hasn't beaten and will never do GBA or PSP on there, and total worldwide sales for 3DS won't beat them either, even in Japan 3DS outsold them easily.

The decline in Japan isn't a concern, most of the NDS new users are gone but the fanbase is still over the GBA era. On the other side, the west decline seems unstopable.

Media Create Annual Archive (Spanish version)

http://zonaforo.meristation.com/topic/2246651/

Around the Network
Jranation said:
OneKartVita said:

When the gen is over it will probably be:

- PSP (20M) ---> PSV ( 8.0M) 

- Wii (12.7M) ----> Wii U (4.0M) 

- X360 (1.6M) --- > XONE (0.20M) 

- PS3 (10.4M) ----->  PS4 (10.0M) 

So big decline for the 3DS, 

huge decline for the PSV,

massive decline for the Wii U,

Fatal decline for the X1

yeah PS4 is probably the only one that could buck the trend. And that's why I keep saying it's sales are incredible. 

@Ryng. "lucky to reach 7M" 

lol it will be around 6M by the end of 2017. This isn't a good prediction at all!

OneKartVita said:
Jranation said:

Fatal decline for the X1

yeah PS4 is probably the only one that could buck the trend. And that's why I keep saying it's sales are incredible. 

lol it will be around 6M by the end of 2017. This isn't a good prediction at all!

That quite optimistic for everything. But the most one is XB1. lol There's no way it will sell 100k, let alone 200k 

Media Create Annual Archive (Spanish version)

http://zonaforo.meristation.com/topic/2246651/

one week for dark souls, how it will finish 220 - 230?

GOOOOOO DARK SOULS 3!!!!!!!!!!!

OneKartVita said:
Jranation said:

Fatal decline for the X1

You will See if This is a bad or good prediction. And well, under 7 Million is definitive a More realistic scenario than 10 Million. It will probabily end at ~6.5m or so...

2014 - 970,000

2015 - 1,320,000

2016 - 1,500,000

2017 - 1,200,000

2018 - 900,000

2019 - 400,000

2020 - 150,000

others small Sales after 2020...