By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

patronmacabre said:

I remember people around here saying that Japan doesn't buy remakes, and even though it is Dragon Quest, I still have to say holy crap at Dragon Quest.

It is nice to see that Metal Gear Solid it moving along. This is a stretch, but it could be possible that people were reluctant to pre-order MGS V due to uncertainty around its development. If true, it's possible we could see a stronger-than-usual second and third week to partially make up for an underwhelming first week. Again, it's a stretch, but it's possible.

Also, if someone can provide me the information -- if there are ties in the points, including ones that would determine whether it would chart the top twenty, what determines which title ranks higher?

They buy remakes. But only remakes of huge IPs like Dragon Quest or Pokemon. Smaller IPs that get remade are almost entirely ignored. 

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Around the Network
patronmacabre said:

Also, if someone can provide me the information -- if there are ties in the points, including ones that would determine whether it would chart the top twenty, what determines which title ranks higher?

Didn't understand exactly your question. Charting on COMG! Top 20, you said? Don't know. The pattern is usually if it's a big IP (o better said, if it's expected to sell a lot) it could get more points on first day, so rank in Top 20, but I could be wrong. Mario Maker, even if it's a Mario IP it's for Wii U, and not many Wii U titles started with high points. Well, also is COMG!, you know how this store is, lol. Sorry if didn't answer your question.

Dr.Vita said:

I kinda find the upcurve quite exciting. Hopefully preorders will be boosted by the anime. Also looking forward to Summon Night 6 preorders next year.

Keep going MGS.... And don't you dare to stop

Dragon Quest VIII doing pretty good lately.
9 days left
DQVII- 502pts
DQVIII- 343 pts

Around the Network

Monster Hunter into single figures, looks like Capcom have a bomba on their hands.

Farsala said:
Dragon Quest VIII doing pretty good lately.
9 days left
DQVII- 502pts
DQVIII- 343 pts

DQMonsters 2 should be a good comparison as well. Last day was 407pt.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=159902&page=690

01./00. [3DS] Dragon Quest Monsters 2: Iru to Ruka no Fushigi na Fushigi na Kagi # <RPG> (Square Enix) {2014.02.06} (¥5.490) - 443.656 / NEW <78,65%>

I guess it will beat this game at least and sell >500k

Media Create Annual Archive (Spanish version)

http://zonaforo.meristation.com/topic/2246651/

Lol Mario Maker

come on Mario - please do 20 points tomorrow!

Switch!!!

41k for Splatoon this week

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m