By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

outlawauron said:
SuperNova said:
Does anyone know how many days release week had for Bravely Default vs Bravely Second?

At least at Comg it's not doing so good but I think I read on here that it was tracking ahead in overall preoders? So I wonder what points ratio it'll have....:/

Everything else doing good though!

This is something that people focus far more attention than they should. It really doesn't matter if it had 4 days or 2 days. As long as it has a day on the weekend, it's sales will be mostly the same. Especially for a JRPG that will be very frontloaded.

Yeah, fair enough. I kind of had a brain fart when I asked the question and thought bravely second had somehow only one day of sales, which I think would have made a diffrence if bravely default had, say, a full week. I didn't know that JRPGs tend to be frontloaded either. :P

Around the Network
SuperNova said:
outlawauron said:

This is something that people focus far more attention than they should. It really doesn't matter if it had 4 days or 2 days. As long as it has a day on the weekend, it's sales will be mostly the same. Especially for a JRPG that will be very frontloaded.

Yeah, fair enough. I kind of had a brain fart when I asked the question and thought bravely second had somehow only one day of sales, which I think would have made a diffrence if bravely default had, say, a full week. I didn't know that JRPGs tend to be frontloaded either. :P

JRPGs are frontloaded because they appeal to a narrow audience that is more likely to buy games at launch. This compounds with the used game market as used copies appear within a week or two and kill whatever legs it could have.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

KanColle is a beast!

Boutros said:
Sh1nn said:

YSO predictions

Week 18, 2015 (Apr 27 - May 3)

[3DS] Puzzle & Dragons: Super Mario Bros. Edition < 180k 

[WIU] Xenoblade Chronicles X < 90k

[WIU] Dragon Quest X: Inishie no Ryuu no Denshou Online < 90k 

[WII] Dragon Quest X: Inishie no Ryuu no Denshou Online < 90k

[WIU] Hardware - 15-20k

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=161742046&postcount=395

That sounds very low. I doubt the Wii U will be below 20k and Xenoblade below 100k. Maybe he's not factoring in the bundle. Because those numbers would be a tragedy.

How many bundles do you think they will sell, and how many people will get a new WiiU for Xenoblade?

benao87 said:
Boutros said:
Sh1nn said:

YSO predictions

Week 18, 2015 (Apr 27 - May 3)

[3DS] Puzzle & Dragons: Super Mario Bros. Edition < 180k 

[WIU] Xenoblade Chronicles X < 90k

[WIU] Dragon Quest X: Inishie no Ryuu no Denshou Online < 90k 

[WII] Dragon Quest X: Inishie no Ryuu no Denshou Online < 90k

[WIU] Hardware - 15-20k

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=161742046&postcount=395

That sounds very low. I doubt the Wii U will be below 20k and Xenoblade below 100k. Maybe he's not factoring in the bundle. Because those numbers would be a tragedy.

How many bundles do you think they will sell, and how many people will get a new WiiU for Xenoblade?

I would think there's like ~10k bundles but that's just a guess. I have no idea about the bold lol

Around the Network

Haven't been to the thread in a while, lots more blue than when I last saw it.

Hope Splatoon does ok. Also interested to see how The Witcher 3 fares.

celador said:
Haven't been to the thread in a while, lots more blue than when I last saw it.

Hope Splatoon does ok. Also interested to see how The Witcher 3 fares.

Well seeing as its finally on PlayStation a lot better then any previous game in the series =P

Boutros said:

I would think there's like ~10k bundles but that's just a guess. I have no idea about the bold lol

Maybe the Go Xenoblade Team is messing with your mind Boutros :P

YSO predictions are more or less what was always expected for WiiU and XCX.

KyleeStrutt said:
Boutros said:

Maybe the Go Xenoblade Team is messing with your mind Boutros :P

YSO predictions are more or less what was always expected for WiiU and XCX.

Oooppsss!

Yeah XC did i think 82k, i always wanted 100k+, but i guess 80k-90k aint a bad start..................... :'-(