By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

outlawauron said:

Portable 3 on PSP has nothing to do with Monster Hunter Tri on Wii. While the first two PSP MonHuns were port ofs the console version, that isn't the case for MHP3. Think of it as the successor to MHP2G instead.

I didn't say it was a port. It is still considered part of the third-gen MH games. It had the switch axe introduced in Tri, it had most of the new monsters introduced in Tri. It absolutely has "something" to do with Tri.

Around the Network
the_dengle said:
outlawauron said:

Portable 3 on PSP has nothing to do with Monster Hunter Tri on Wii. While the first two PSP MonHuns were port ofs the console version, that isn't the case for MHP3. Think of it as the successor to MHP2G instead.

I didn't say it was a port. It is still considered part of the third-gen MH games. It had the switch axe introduced in Tri, it had most of the new monsters introduced in Tri. It absolutely has "something" to do with Tri.

The game is compared to Unite (MHP2G) not Tri. While part of the same generation, it's not an expanded release. Due to the nature of a remaster/expansion coming a year after, it's deceitful to alignment Portable 3rd with 3 Ultimate. (reading interview with the developers, they emphasize that this it's supposed to be a completely new entry in the series)

Edit: we get into dumbest arguments about semantics. I should stop it.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:

The game is compared to Unite (MHP2G) not Tri. While part of the same generation, it's not an expanded release. Due to the nature of a remaster/expansion coming a year after, it's deceitful to alignment Portable 3rd with 3 Ultimate. (reading interview with the developers, they emphasize that this it's supposed to be a completely new entry in the series)

Edit: we get into dumbest arguments about semantics. I should stop it.

Hahaha. I don't get the impression you're exactly disagreeing with me.

You see what I mean, that Portable 3rd came about by bringing the content in Tri to a different title on a different platform. For instance, lacking a second analogue stick, the PSP wasn't exactly ideal for the swimming mechanic introduced in Tri. They wound up with quite different level design and several different monsters from the Wii game.

Later, when bringing the Tri content to 3DS, they had a second screen to work with for displaying information, and for use as a touch screen. Both Portable 3rd and 3G reached different (and larger) audiences than Tri.

I guess I just think that with 4 on 3DS, 4G could have been on Vita, or anything else. It probably would have been good for the series, though I don't know much about the differences between 4 and 4G, so here's hoping the Direct in 13 hours sheds some light on that.

Was there no update today or is everybody just busy?

tbone51 said:
Jranation said:
I can't wait how Super Smash for Wii U goes, within these couple of days. Especially Tommorow.

We officially have a release date!!! But do we know if SSB wiiu pre orders open up tomorrow? Usually 99% of games that get a release date do open up the following day. But nintendo in the past (well mostly pokemon) announce a date but pre orders wont open up intill later.

Yeah, im not too sure about that. But i hope it does. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network

sundin13 said:
Was there no update today or is everybody just busy?

Sorry, I went to see Annabelle :p

Tomorrows update is when we would see whatever effect the Smash Bros. U release date announcement has on pre-orders correct?

Bets:

1. If the Wii U sells closer to 10 million LTD by 1/3/2015 I win. If it sells closer to 9.5 million LTD by 1/3/2015 OfficerRaichu15 wins (winner gets 2 weeks of avatar control)--Lost.

TechnoHobbit said:
Tomorrows update is when we would see whatever effect the Smash Bros. U release date announcement has on pre-orders correct?

Nope, still not up yet.

Pre-orders for Smash Bros for Wii U open between today and tomorrow.

Media Create Annual Archive (Spanish version)

http://zonaforo.meristation.com/topic/2246651/