By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

tbone51 said:
kopstudent89 said:
42 points. Shot at 60 points I guess, but damn a bit underwheming

(other nintendo games didnt even chart but still sold 100k+ lifetime... Ex: LoZ WW HD/Wii U Fit

Why would this give you any reason to believe it would have legs. It's a musou title, and like JRPGs, will be very front loaded.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
Fusioncode said:
tbone51 said:
kopstudent89 said:

I don't think Hyrule Warriors is going to have the legs of a typical Nintendo release. 

I never said it'll have legs, and besides depends on wat type of legs we ard talking about! 

HW wont obviously have those amazing legs like 2D Mario/MK have but i think it will do decently outside FW. DK/LoZ debuted at 30k-35k and are both over 100k now. Imo if HW fw sales are 40-50k, i think 120k lifetime is plausible. If fw is 70-80k, then 150k+ (just giving estimates!)

outlawauron said:
tbone51 said:
kopstudent89 said:

(other nintendo games didnt even chart but still sold 100k+ lifetime... Ex: LoZ WW HD/Wii U Fit

Why would this give you any reason to believe it would have legs. It's a musou title, and like JRPGs, will be very front loaded.

Uhhh.... How do we kno this? Yes majority of games  (musou/jrpgs) are front loaded, and HW likely seems to end up the same way, but thats not guaranteed. Why? Cuz this is the first time we get HW! (a zelda musou)

Edit: Example ⇒ Pokémon Conquest   172k FW   367k LTD

tbone51 said:
kopstudent89 said:

259p Mario Kart 8

200p New Super Mario Bros U

75p Monster Hunter 3G

74p Pikmin 3

66p Super Mario 3D World

59p Dragon Quest X (2nd Release)

54p Nintendo Land

42p Hyrule Warriors 

24p Donkey Kong TF

21p Super Smash Bros WiiU (*Not Released)

21p Wii Party U

16p Just Dance WiiU

15p Dragon Quest X (1st Release)

I realized that all games except NSMBU that was a launch title had a higher ratio, even a very good one.

let's add more info (final points)

Samurai Warriors 4 (PS3) - 122pt

Samurai Warriors 4 (PSV) - 26pt

Shin Gundam Musou (PS3) - 126pt

Shin Gundam Musou (PSV) - 24pt

Zelda: A Link to the Past 2 (3DS) - 86pt

Media Create first week sales:

[PS3] Samurai Warriors 4 # (Koei Tecmo) {2014.03.20} (¥7.560) - 120.452

[PSV] Samurai Warriors 4 (Koei Tecmo) {2014.03.20} (¥7.140) - 39.597

[PS3] New Dynasty Warriors: Gundam (Bandai Namco Games) {2013.12.19} (¥7.980) - 126.019

[PSV] New Dynasty Warriors: Gundam (Bandai Namco Games) {2013.12.19} (¥6.980) - 52.667

[3DS] The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds # (Nintendo) {2013.12.26} (¥4.800) - 224.143

Warriors ratio on PS3 seems 1=1. On Vita is higher, i guess it will be higher on Wii U based on the past list.
Also Zelda ratio is huge, almost 1=3.
I was skeptical about HW, but now i do think it could sell around 100k first week, if it finishes around 60pt here.
But i don't expect legs at all. 

Media Create Annual Archive (Spanish version)

http://zonaforo.meristation.com/topic/2246651/

hiska-kun said:
tbone51 said:
kopstudent89 said:

I realized that all games except NSMBU that was a launch title had a higher ratio, even a very good one.

let's add more info (final points)

Samurai Warriors 4 (PS3) - 122pt

Samurai Warriors 4 (PSV) - 26pt

Shin Gundam Musou (PS3) - 126pt

Shin Gundam Musou (PSV) - 24pt

Zelda: A Link to the Past 2 (3DS) - 86pt

Media Create first week sales:

[PS3] Samurai Warriors 4 # (Koei Tecmo) {2014.03.20} (¥7.560) - 120.452

[PSV] Samurai Warriors 4 (Koei Tecmo) {2014.03.20} (¥7.140) - 39.597

[PS3] New Dynasty Warriors: Gundam (Bandai Namco Games) {2013.12.19} (¥7.980) - 126.019

[PSV] New Dynasty Warriors: Gundam (Bandai Namco Games) {2013.12.19} (¥6.980) - 52.667

[3DS] The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds # (Nintendo) {2013.12.26} (¥4.800) - 224.143

Warriors ratio on PS3 seems 1=1. On Vita is higher, i guess it will be higher on Wii U based on the past list.
Also Zelda ratio is huge, almost 1=3.
I was skeptical about HW, but now i do think it could sell around 100k first week, if it finishes around 60pt here.
But i don't expect legs at all. 

Even though i think LoZ games have a better 1:1k ratio, ALBW isnt a fair comparison. It was released on i think the biggest week of the year n japan (so was FF X HD).

That said LoZ OoT 3D did well above the 1:1k ratio. I need to fix up the thread but i did some work here... http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=186259&page=

Most 1st party Nintendo games have such a good performance (of COMG Ratio), while most other games are close to that of 1:1k or below it.

Thats why i look at SSB 3DS, and say its doing extremely well. 400points+, its already the 4th most pre ordered 1st party 3ds game on COMG and its going to surpass AC+Tomodachi and place overall 2nd (before Pokemon OR/AS release!)

Around the Network
tbone51 said:

I mean its not like [insert company] have a contract or an obligation to serve [insert fans] just because. I find it selfish (no offense) of wat your doing, Its port begging. 

A company must satisfy its costumers, it's the most basic rule in liberal economy. Are ImageEpoch's costumers satisfied? No. Are Senran Kagura fans satisfied? We'll see in a few days. Are Platinum Games's costumers satisfied? I guess not. 

If costumers are unhappy about desicions made by businesses they buy stuff from, they have every right to complain or port beg (without of course relying on insults, death threats or stupid things like that). Far from selfish, it's rightful costumer feedback.

tbone51 said:

But at least your not like the Bayo2 (well at least i hope not) doomsayer/port begger group. The worse i've seen in years SMH -_-

Sorry to disappoint you, but I've been in the Bayo2 resistance since the first day :

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=147603&page=

Hyrule Warriors is doing pretty well from what I'm seeing! Hopefully I'm not going to be too off with my 106k FW prediction!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

ryuzaki57 said:
tbone51 said:

I mean its not like [insert company] have a contract or an obligation to serve [insert fans] just because. I find it selfish (no offense) of wat your doing, Its port begging. 

A company must satisfy its costumers, it's the most basic rule in liberal economy. Are ImageEpoch's costumers satisfied? No. Are Senran Kagura fans satisfied? We'll see in a few days. Are Platinum Games's costumers satisfied? I guess not. 

If costumers are unhappy about desicions made by businesses they buy stuff from, they have every right to complain or port beg (without of course relying on insults, death threats or stupid things like that). Far from selfish, it's rightful costumer feedback.

tbone51 said:

But at least your not like the Bayo2 (well at least i hope not) doomsayer/port begger group. The worse i've seen in years SMH -_-

Sorry to disappoint you, but I've been in the Bayo2 resistance since the first day :

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=147603&page=

Believe wat you want to believe with th company satisfying customers, i guess thats all just opinionated.

As for Bayo2, then i pity you. Some of the most selfish things i heard were from bayo2 announcement. If you want to play the game, get a wiiu. Im not going to argue anything bayo2 cuz the people who want it on other systems (for the fact it doesn't belong on wiiu) are very delusional, and most of all ungrateful. I'll take Zelda anyday on Sony/MS if Nintendo abandoned it for good.

TBH im glad the Bayo2 announcement came to be, it shows the true colors of many people (like the idiots who send in death threats, etc to Kamiya or whoever). I get the meltdowns for MH being Nintendo Exclusive, i get many other crazy decisions in the gaming industry, but in Bayo2 case, its just plain retarded -_-   Im sure you kno this but i'll say it again for anybody that doesn't kno this.  No Nintendo = No Bayo2..... 

Last week's numbers for comparison :)

3 August 2014 July 28, 2014: Index Period

[3DS] specter watch 2 originator - 125pt
[3DS] specter watch 2 originator - 121pt
[3DS] Yoshi Island NEW - 40pt
[3DS] Sonipuro - 30pt
[WiiU] Mario Kart 8 - 25pt
Space-time great adventure gurus Donto and of [3DS] Taiko - 21pt
[Vita] Sword Art Online - Hollow fragments - (Normal Edition) - 15pt
[PS3] Grand Theft Auto 5 (Bargain Edition) - 14pt
! [3DS] Happiness charge Precure Kawarun ☆ Collection - 13pt
[Vita] Freedom Wars - 12pt
[PS4] METAL GEAR SOLID V GROUND ZEROES - 11pt
The Alchemist - a sea of ​​Atelier ~ twilight of [PS3] Shary (Normal Edition) - 11pt
[3DS] Yokai Watch - 11pt
[3DS] selfish fashion GIRLS MODE Tokimeki UP declaration greedy -! 10pt
[3DS] Gundam Tri Age SP - 10pt
[WiiU] Game & Wario - 8pt
Yuke beyond the corpse of [Vita] I 2 (Limited Edition) - 8pt
[3DS] Pokemon Art Academy - 8pt
[PS3] Watch Dogs - 7pt
[Vita] Persona 4 The Golden - 6pt

1. [3DS] specter watch 2 originator - 160pt
  2. [3DS] Dragon Ball Heroes Ultimate Mission 2 - 150Pt
  3. [3DS] specter watch 2 originator - 149pt
  4. [PS3] Ultra Street Fighter (Normal Edition) - 54Pt
  5. [3DS] Yoshi Island NEW - 42pt
  6. [3DS] 閃乱Kagura 2 - crimson - (Normal Edition) - 40pt
  7. [3DS] crimson - Complete - Limited production "Niu input DX Pack" 2閃乱Kagura - 40pt
  8. [PS3] Ultra Street Fighter Collector's package - 32pt
  9. [WiiU] Mario Kart 8 - 30pt
  10. [Vita] God vogue true 18pt -
  11. [3DS] The Adventures of space-time gurus Donto and Taiko - 18pt
  12. [PS3] God vogue true 16pt -
  13. [Vita] Freedom Wars - 15pt
  14. [PS3] Grand Theft Auto 5 (Bargain Edition) - 15Pt
  15. [3DS] Monster Hunter 4 - 10pt
  16. [3DS] Yokai Watch - 10pt
  17. [Vita] Lost dimension - 8pt
  18. [PS3] UNDER NIGHT IN-BIRTH Exe: Late - 8pt
  19. [3DS] Pokemon Art Academy - 8pt