By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

Yakuzaice said:
Michael-5 said:

What about stuff like Pikmin 3, 3D World and DK? Didn't DK only show up days before release?

Pikmin was 17 points at 29 days left.

3D World was 24 points at 11 days left.

DK was 19 points with 4 days left.

So it showed up earlier than 3DW and DK, but with fewer points.  Neither of those games had very stellar first weeks though.  It's also kind of funny because last year you were arguing that Mario isn't the kind of game you preorder.

Also for good measure, the DQX expansion showed up at either 20 or 21 days left and 30 points.

Do you write this stuff down on a notepad? This is exactly the point I was making though, people were expecting Hyrule Warriors to appear over a month before it released, when many of the bigger WiiU games appeared 11-29 days prior to release?

Also was I wrong about 3D World? Sold 570k in Japan so far, not bad. 3rd after 2 bundled games.

Not sure about Hyrule Warriors, I think Nintendo said that it would sell 1 million in Japan? Not without a bundle IMO, but it's been toping Amazon so maybe.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network
Purple said:
What level of Japanese sales would people consider a success for Hyrule Warriors?

Anything over 40k?

100k...

Boutros said:
Purple said:
What level of Japanese sales would people consider a success for Hyrule Warriors?

Anything over 40k?

100k...

Retail or digital?

Boutros said:
Yeah I think Destiny can most definitely do over 200k lifetime in Japan. If Watch Dogs can do it.

It could even have great legs and reach over 400k.

Yeah. When i said +200k i was refering just the PS4 version. Adding the PS3 version +300k seems it could match.

Media Create Annual Archive (Spanish version)

http://zonaforo.meristation.com/topic/2246651/

Besides the top 3 this whole chart is just depressing to look at..

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network
Purple said:

Anything over 40k?

I'd say treble that 

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Michael-5 said:

Do you write this stuff down on a notepad? This is exactly the point I was making though, people were expecting Hyrule Warriors to appear over a month before it released, when many of the bigger WiiU games appeared 11-29 days prior to release?

Also was I wrong about 3D World? Sold 570k in Japan so far, not bad. 3rd after 2 bundled games.

Not sure about Hyrule Warriors, I think Nintendo said that it would sell 1 million in Japan? Not without a bundle IMO, but it's been toping Amazon so maybe.

The original point you made was in comparison to MK8, which was well over 29 days.  I'm also not sure that a Musou/Zelda game is inherently smaller than/tier 2 compared to some of these games.  It very well may do worse than Pikmin/DQXexp/DK, but Musou spinoffs with popular IP have done well in the past.

Also, basing things off when it appears in the chart isn't a very good metric.  It is very dependent on what other competition is there, and what the preorder curve is for the game.  Smash Bros Wii U has been in the charts for 4 weeks and only added 7 points since then.  If the chart was the same as when 3D World entered it wouldn't even be on it.  For all we know HW could be back in the charts tomorrow, but only add 5 points by launch.  Or it could not appear again for two weeks and then add 40 points in the last week.

Yes, because the discussion was about first week sales.  You expected above 150k.

If they did say that (1m in Japan), their sales expectations are completely ludicrous.

AZWification said:

See? There is no bright side after all..

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert

RealGamingExpert said:
AZWification said:

See? There is no bright side after all..

Well, now I sadly have to agree with you...

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Purple said:

Anything over 40k?

I'm gonna go even higher than the others and say at least 180-200k LTD.

When they first announced it, the excitement was that it was supposed to be a Zelda which crossed genres and made the IP more successful because it's part of the popular musou line of games as well as being part of the Zelda series.  

So I'd expect at least half of what recent Zeldas have been selling, if not better.

And yes, I realise WiiU is in dire straits in Japan, but Mario Kart 8 has proved that poor hardware sales doesn't necessarily mean massively reduced software sales.