By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

tbone51 said:
Clyde32 said:
I'm trying to imagine the reaction of the people in this thread if Hyrule Warriors enters the chartz today.

if it charted today expect an extra 50pages of post :p But it wont imo, tooo soon!

Don't give up hope. 

Around the Network

Mario Kart 8 lost the lead already?!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Kresnik said:
tbone51 said:

PRE ORDERS, just started for Hyrule Warriors!!! It releases in about 80 days, hopefully it can make the charts with in 2months of release :)

I was actually thinking about this today.  I'm really wondering how this game is going to do.

RIght up until recently I've been pegging it as "It'll appeal to Zelda fans and it'll appeal to Musou fans so it should sell really sell"

But I'm not sure that second part is all that true anymore.  Tecmo Koei have made it pretty obvious that if you're a fan of musou games, you'll need to buy a PSV/PS4 going forward or a PS3 currently.  And so I don't know how many of them would actually invest in a whole console just to play a game with similar gameplay in a franchise that they may or may not have any interest in.  Probably pretty low actually (especially in Japan).

So what you're left with is: how many Zelda fans are interested in playing a Zelda game in a new genre; how many musou fans already own a WiiU and how many WiiU owners are willing to try out a new collaboration like this?  S'gonna be interesting to watch.

Devs are going to have a hard time meeting those expectations. There is no way that game is going to hit 1m on the WiiU.

It will probably gain some good points, and it's going to be funny following it on the thread. But, people shouldn't have high expectations for that one.

benao87 said:
Kresnik said:
tbone51 said:

Devs are going to have a hard time meeting those expectations. There is no way that game is going to hit 1m on the WiiU.

It will probably gain some good points, and it's going to be funny following it on the thread. But, people shouldn't have high expectations for that one.

I think it has a good chance of hitting it on wiiu despite it having such a low install base. This might just be more than a DW game with zelda painted on it :)

If japan can do a good amount Europe+NoA might pull it off. This game is getting some notice!

1million WW could be possible... hard to say since it's something we havent seen before

Tecmo is a good company and they pump out games pretty fast, they wouldnt be doing games for the wii u if they didnt think it could be profitable, whatever numbers it sells i'm sure it will be good money.

Around the Network
rutea7 said:
1million WW could be possible... hard to say since it's something we havent seen before

Tecmo is a good company and they pump out games pretty fast, they wouldnt be doing games for the wii u if they didnt think it could be profitable, whatever numbers it sells i'm sure it will be good money.

It is possible, but rather unlikely. I'm not saying it won't be profitable, just that 1m for that game is probably too much.

tbone51 said:

I think it has a good chance of hitting it on wiiu despite it having such a low install base. This might just be more than a DW game with zelda painted on it :)

If japan can do a good amount Europe+NoA might pull it off. This game is getting some notice!

Japan will put most of the sales, say ~400k, the rest of the world might add ~300k. I could be wrong tho.

Oh well, you tried Mario Kart. Yokai Watch has taken it's rightful place on the throne.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

benao87 said:
rutea7 said:

It is possible, but rather unlikely. I'm not saying it won't be profitable, just that 1m for that game is probably too much.

tbone51 said:

Japan will put most of the sales, say ~400k, the rest of the world might add ~300k. I could be wrong tho.

lets hope your wrong :) But japan i do hope gets 400k, would be insanely good for wiiu

C'mon Hyrule Warriors. It's your time to shine.

??