By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

Hyrule Warriors Premium box above Mk8 in amazon japan. Who said Zelda is not the best Nintendo series?

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
Pavolink said:
Hyrule Warriors Premium box above Mk8 in amazon japan. Who said Zelda is not the best Nintendo series?

It is the best Nintendo series, just not the best selling. 

I wonder if a miracle could happen, and we see one of the 3 Zelda Musou SKUs chart today.

COMG guide to points: 1 point = Raging. 2 points = Beasting. 3 points = Tearing it up. 4 points = Berzerk. 7 points = Rampage. 12 points = Burst. 15 points = god mode. 20+ points = DIVIDING BY ZERO!!! 40+ points = Youkai (originally Pokemon).

-1 = Negabeasting. -5= NegaRampage. -10 = NegaBurst

Tlozjb said:
I wonder if a miracle could happen, and we see one of the 3 Zelda Musou SKUs chart today.

We might see one because four left the chart yesterday. 

Tlozjb said:

Thats the only thing that would make it a miracle. Considering the slow period we seem to be in I wouldnt be surprised at all if all 3 SKUs show up eventually. 

Around the Network
ryuzaki57 said:
tbone51 said:

Pirate Warriors 2 opening was 335K on PS3/PSV. It is well over 500K in Japan alone on those two systems that represent a 10-11m install base. Red World 3DS only is 250K after 6 months on a 14m install base. I think the conclusion is very clear : many fans where driven off by the fact it released on 3DS alone.

Lol, pirate warriors look so much better than red world. It doesn't necessarily have to do with being on 3ds. Its fine being on 3ds exclusive, i just think you personally wanted it on your platform. No offense but everytime something like this happens you complain (Ex: MH4+MH4G).

Its not like it did bad for itself either. You dont know if it were on ps3+vita instead of 3ds it would of made a huge difference. I played pirate warriors (the first one) and seen Red World and there's a clear difference imo. That could influence it alot more than you think.

If Vita+PS3+WiiU dont sell as much then your argument is pointless cuz like you said, they didn't buy the 3ds version "Many Fans were driven off cuz on 3ds".

We'll findout in  a month if your right. It better sell 150k-250k for your point to be valued imo.

MystVearn said:

Comparing One Piece Unlimited series with One Piece: Musou Battle don't make any sense, the latter are way stronger sellers. Anyway, I feel I'm wasting my time stating the obvious, everybody who is into Japanese gaming and follows its sales should perfectly know this.

Thank You... He's just upset cuz it was on nintendo than sony. Besides they both did extremely well

tbone51 said:

PRE ORDERS, just started for Hyrule Warriors!!! It releases in about 80 days, hopefully it can make the charts with in 2months of release :)

I was actually thinking about this today.  I'm really wondering how this game is going to do.

RIght up until recently I've been pegging it as "It'll appeal to Zelda fans and it'll appeal to Musou fans so it should sell really sell"

But I'm not sure that second part is all that true anymore.  Tecmo Koei have made it pretty obvious that if you're a fan of musou games, you'll need to buy a PSV/PS4 going forward or a PS3 currently.  And so I don't know how many of them would actually invest in a whole console just to play a game with similar gameplay in a franchise that they may or may not have any interest in.  Probably pretty low actually (especially in Japan).

So what you're left with is: how many Zelda fans are interested in playing a Zelda game in a new genre; how many musou fans already own a WiiU and how many WiiU owners are willing to try out a new collaboration like this?  S'gonna be interesting to watch.

Clyde32 said:
Tlozjb said:

We might see one because four left the chart yesterday. 

Maybe but expect it later. I do hope it comes this week but its 3 different SKU! (or 2, cuz im not sure everybody gets the third sku)

hiska-kun said:
ryuzaki57 said:

Pirate Warriors 2 opening was 335K on PS3/PSV. It is well over 500K in Japan alone on those two systems that represent a 10-11m install base. Red World 3DS only is 250K after 6 months on a 14m install base. I think the conclusion is very clear : many fans where driven off by the fact it released on 3DS alone.

What Mystveam says. You can't compare a Musoy game with unlimited lol

what about the PSP game released in 2012? It sold 300 LTD with a 20m install base. What a fail, right? I think the conclusion is clear: you're trolling

Im glad somebody seeing through this. Good example, that game did very well but in his case  it did bad :)