By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is sony going to learn their lesson with the PS4 and not over price it?

Man.... there's like 800 threads you could have started this discussion in.

4 ≈ One

Around the Network

ryan has gone crazy with these threads lol. But i agree to a certain degree :P It would be suicide if the ps4 launched at a high price

PS4 will be 449-499.

Don't know what it is with people saying 399 when that's obviously a big loss and they are looking at a flat operating net income. Not gonna take huge losses with this thing.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

While price was the primary factor. It wasn't the only factor going against the console. Part of what made the price of the console unpalatable to most consumers was the severe lack in titles. Which gave rise to the complaint that it didn't have any games. Further more it was the leading edge of a new format war, Which really could have gone the other way if Sony hadn't lead the charge, and bled cash to win a pricing war. I

By the way in hindsight that was pretty damn stupid, because it did more damage to Sony then it did good. Even today BluRay still isn't all that popular. With the rapid onset of cloud storage, and higher internal memory capacity. Chances are it will never come close to doing what the DVD did, and is still doing. Anyway I think Sony learned from those two mistakes. Their more conservative design will allow them to better court third party developers, and they seem to have held back enough first party development to have a solid launch year.

The biggest plus of all however is that they aren't going with whole Trojan horse scam. So consumers aren't going to be put in the place. Where they have to buy the product on faith alone. The games will be there to at least justify a purchase, and there probably wont be a lot of risk involved. Especially considering that one player is pretty muck locking in the bottom slot now. So people aren't going to be afraid about the prospect that they might be buying a failed console.

the ps3 wasn't overpriced, they were losing like 200$ on each console at launch

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Around the Network

The fact that they're not going to take loses on it means it will be expensive so most certainly $400+ .

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

999 US dollars,
RIIIIDDDDGGGEEE RAACCCEEERRR!!!

Games can and should tell stories and share ideas through their mechanics. This is the intrinsic element of the medium and this is how experiences should be crafted in video games. No company does this as well as Nintendo and their echoes from the past.
  Aurum Ring  Delano7  Ocarinahero032

pezus said:

Yes, PS4 will launch at $199.

People know that when they buy Sony consoles they are paying for more than having the right to play the games that are on it. Don't expect PS4 to launch at WiiU's price because the console will simply be more expensive to make

What's your reasoning behind that prediction because I haven't seen anyone say it would lanuch at that price point? BTW who is the girl in your video in your sig :)?

chapset said:
the ps3 wasn't overpriced, they were losing like 200$ on each console at launch

i remember it was a 300$  lose on the 499$ model

Devil_Survivor said:
pezus said:

Yes, PS4 will launch at $199.

People know that when they buy Sony consoles they are paying for more than having the right to play the games that are on it. Don't expect PS4 to launch at WiiU's price because the console will simply be more expensive to make

What's your reasoning behind that prediction because I haven't seen anyone say it would lanuch at that price point? BTW who is the girl in your video in your sig :)?

his reasoning is from a very popular business term called sarcasm.

and for the last time people those pictures are of me!