By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - COD player attempts to rape his own mother...

More evidence that game ratings need to be more enforced or parents should actually take notice to what an M-rating actually means. How the hell does a 13 year old have access to an .22 firearm. That's what should be more alarming but arms manufacturers have more political clout than video game developers so politicians will likely blame the video game.

Around the Network

not that it's the OP fault but that fact that the title is "CoD player attempts to rape his mother...then kills her" is already a cheap spin at trying to connect this to Video game=Violence...what if she took away his nachos previlages(assuming he loved nachos as much as CoD) would we be sitting here arguing that nachos=violence

and yes it a terrible analogy

on the other hand what is a mother doing buy a kid a gun a 11? I was rocking a BB gun til about 17 when my grandfather finally took me to a shooting range.

Otakumegane said:

What we really should be doing is making sure kids can't play M-rated games. And that the industry tries to stop selling to kids said games. Seriously. These games shouldn't be cater to teens and there should be a better regulation system to make sure that stuff like Gears and COD don't sell to teens.

Exactly my thoughts. These games are not meant for minors yet minors are the ones that the gaming industry targets.

Explicitely mature games designed as teen-bait.

an other crime that could have been prevented if the victim had a gun, i mean she bought him a gun and didn't get one for herself what the hell did she expect? kids these days are all murderers, protect yourselves people

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

badgenome said:
Why do they always blame video games? It's clearly the gun's fault that he shot her and his penis' fault that he tried to rape her.

i think you are looking at this from the wrong perspective. we need a ban on mothers and things like that wouldn't happen. 

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Around the Network

Violent video games amplify violent tendencies in children.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

badgenome said:
Why do they always blame video games? It's clearly the gun's fault that he shot her and his penis' fault that he tried to rape her.

We don't blame video games themselves, we blame those who sell mature themes to minors.

DigitalDevilSummoner said:

We don't blame video games themselves, we blame those who sell mature themes to minors.

Do we know that's the case here? The retailer may have sold it to his parents, not him.

badgenome said:
DigitalDevilSummoner said:

Do we know that's the case here? The retailer may have sold it to his parents, not him.

Sure but my problem starts much earlier: these games are, to put it quite simply, immature to begin with, they only use mature themes in a very cheap and shallow way just to appeal to minors. Treyarch, Cliff etc made extremely violent games with the 13 yo in mind.

I must say, there's been a few of these stories lately. They tend to come in waves.

But videogames, or any other media, merely amplify at most the mental state of these people. It is not the fault of the game, but for people not taking action.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.