By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Looking for a platform to 'manage' my game collection

Hi there,

I always liked the game-collection feature of this site. However, since it isn't supported anymore I'm looking for an alternative.

features I'd like to see:

- existing game database that is kept up-to-date (should include downloadable games)

- (at least) basic information about the game (release date, developer, publisher, genre, platforms it was released on, etc.)

- wishlist

- ability to rate games and to see the ratings of other users

- ability to see the gaming collection of other users

- filters (stuff like "only show pc games" or "only show RPGs")

So, can anybody help me out? Is there something like that out there? I've already looked around a bit, but most of the stuff I found seemed abandoned (game-DBs that were old/out-of-date).

Around the Network

Tagged as interested too

Yeah, tagging this. /me wants

Backloggery is very flexible but it's more work... You need to enter names and such yourself which is pretty much why I deleted my account there.

Playfire used to be pretty good but ever since the site was updated, it's been horrible. Well, at least it was horrible a couple of months ago when I deleted my account.

Is Gamewise any good for this?

I don't understand why can't they allow us (the users of vgchartz) to update the database and add box art. I simply don't add many of my vgchartz collection anymore. Can't find them or when i do they are missing box art.

www.howlongtobeat.com/ is a decent website. Not sure if it meets all your criteria but it is pretty cool. Plus it gives you general idea of game length.

^ So this is your profile there, right? http://www.howlongtobeat.com/userpage.php?username=green_sky&show=allgames&sort=1 The site doesn't look bad. Best of those more simplistic sites I've seen so far (backloggery is just ugly imo).

ogdb.eu is an example of an even more simplistic db. It's German only atm, but here's an example of an user games list (it's not mine, I'm not registered there): http://ogdb.eu/collection.php?collectionid=1914 http://ogdb.eu/collection.php?collectionid=1914

This is what my Gamewise profile looks like: http://gamewise.co/users/4908/okr The main problem at the momemt imo: Nobody (even I) can't really see the games I owned or "wishlisted", only "tracking" is possible. But otherwise it's a great db imo.

@ioi - as I'm sure you'll read this thread:
Please have a look at the OP. Your Gamewise db looks really good, it's probably the best looking available atm, and - more important - it's up to date. If you give us Gamewise members (all VGC members are automatically Gamewise members afaik) the ability to filter not games/entities we are "tracking" but rather "owned", "wishlisted" (the two most importan filters imo), "platforms", "genres", "year released" and if you add a simplistic, fast loading view of all owned and/or wishlisted games (which could be linked to signatures in forums), Gamewise would be a real success and I bet most of us VGC members and more new users would use it. (I'm already using it but I think as long as the features the OP and I listed are missing, Gamewise feels incomplete).

Around the Network

Gamefaqs has the most comprehensive database that I've seen, so I think that's the best place imo. It also has a lot of options for sorting your games (now playing, hot list, wishlist, tracked games, play queue, collection builder, etc.).

EDIT: Gamefaqs is more robus tthan I thought. They have an import tool to import your list from other sites. You can even detail your game progress, game rating, difficulty rating, what you bought retail, and time played.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

The best solution I've found is darkadia.com. Pretty too. 

In what way is the game collection disbanded on this site? Is it that we can't add games to our personal game collections anymore? We also can't rate games, am I correct?

Sal.Paradise said:

[...]

This looks awesome :)

BasilZero said:
Sal.Paradise said:

Damn found a reason to quit VGChartz! WOOTCAKES *_*!

Baz no! You can't leave vgchartz!!!! D:

No, I really mean it, you can't. Know what happens to deserters?