By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Should I get a 3DS or save money for the Wii U?

Get the 3DS now or save the money?

Get the 3DS 156 63.93%

Save the money 86 35.25%

Total:242
Einsam_Delphin said:
@Kaizar:
How could we forget Ocarina of Time 3D? D:

Well it depends on what kind of games he's into. So I only posted 3DS games that I know he will love 100% guarantee.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D still has the best Surround Sound I have ever heard.

Thor (3DS) second best

Dillon's Rollong Western has the best Surround Sound for a digital only game ever made.

But to be fair, the 3DS does do 6 speaker sound thru its earphone jack, while the PS3 & 360 can only do 5 speaker sound, plus the 3DS has more shader cores too.

3rd Party Devs have confirm that the 3DS does have way more better textures & shader abilities then the Wii.

And we already know that the Wii CPU can only handle GPU at 250 MHz while the 3DS on pre-install firmware can handle GPU at 400 MHz. Plus the Wii can only push 30 million or so polygons, but less then 100 million polygons no matter what it is, while the 3DS can push somewhere from 155 to 158 million polygons.....well I know the max is 160 million. I think Resident Evil: Revelations might have push as much as 130 million Polygons, making it the best so far I suppose.

I know that Star Fox 64 3D & Kid Icaurs: Uprising makes the more then 100 million polygons being push real obvious to the naked eye.

Around the Network
Kaizar said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
@Kaizar:

Well it depends on what kind of games he's into. So I only posted 3DS games that I know he will love 100% guarantee.

How do you know that? You a mind reader? O_o  Even then the only way to know for sure is to play the game. I thought for sure I was gonna love PM: Sticker Star, but after playing it only the opposite is true.

Einsam_Delphin said:
Kaizar said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
@Kaizar:

How do you know that? You a mind reader? O_o  Even then the only way to know for sure is to play the game. I thought for sure I was gonna love PM: Sticker Star, but after playing it only the opposite is true.

Well he said that hes really only in to Home Consoles, and after the 7th gen that kinda of gives me a good enough idea where I can suggest those.

Plus he said he would rather get a Wii U then PS4 & 720 or that he wants to get a Wii U before the PS4 and/or 720. This help me narrow it down a bit, but I wanted to suggest so much more games to him, but I wanted to also 100% guarantee him that he would love the games so I left behind a lot games I wanted to also suggest just to show him that the 3DS should be treated as Home Console quality on the go.

Plus games like Kid Icarus Uprising are much more better then anything Home Consoles has ever offer us gamers.

But at the end I guess I should say that I did my best for trying to suggest what he is likely to 100% guarantee to love LOL.

osed125 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
@osed125:
Glad ya like it! I'm sure you don't have any regrets now hehe.
Btw what difficulty did you start on? You sound like a FE vet so perhaps you went with loony lunatic?

I always start new games on normal. No difference here even though I'm a Fire Emblem vet. Only got one game over so far and it was a really stupid mistake lol.

Make sure to use StreetPass for at least 1 week.

If you only see 1 person with a 3DS, then that means you will StreetPass with 20 to 100 people that week who never take theirs out of their pocket or drive in their car with one for StreetPass & etc.