By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Should I get a 3DS or save money for the Wii U?

Get the 3DS now or save the money?

Get the 3DS 156 63.93%

Save the money 86 35.25%

Total:242
osed125 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
^You made the right choice imo. :)
By the time you have money for Wii U, it should be cheaper and have many great games.
As for download progress, there should be a square getting filled up, or if you hit download later, then it should tell you exactly what percent it's at if you click on the present icon.

Yeah didn't notice that until a bit later lol.

Btw what do the number of balls filling the square mean? I guess it's the download speed or something. 

I think the blocks dropping in are suppose to represent how much it's getting filled up. In other words its suppose to give you a good example of how much percentage it's increasing to.

Fire Emblem: Awakeing is 1 GB, and Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D (May 24) is like 2 GB.

You are goin to want to choose to activate SpotPass in Fire Emblem Awakeing so your 3DS will Download all the Free DLC in the background 24/7 as long as the system is on with the wireless on.

Land you will like StreetPAss for Fire Emblem Awakeing.....remember 100 feet for 1 second to exchange tons of data from anyone in any car driving by and anywhere else within a 100 feet ratio.

Once you beat Chapter 25 you will be able to play the DLC Maps, but you can already use the other free DLC stuff.

Also to gain teams from SpotPass & StreetPass, you can just beat them in a battle if you don't want to spend any money.

I would suggest not unloading the DLC teams until you unlock the outralm gate which takes beating the first several chapters, but then you can get paid DLC. I would suggest getting the Golden Pack for you first paid DLC, so as to always make plenty of money to help you gain the stronger teams from StreetPass & SpotPass, trust me.

Also, have you taken a picture of yourself in Mii Maker to create your own Mii that way?

Once you have, you will want to activate StreetPass Mii Plaza StreetPass to get the awesome Fire Emblem Awakening motion image that you can use the circle pad to view different areas of the action. It's in Puzzle Swap in Mii Plaza. But you got to turn SpotPass ON for StreetPass Mii Plaza to get the Fire Emblem Awakening Video, it pushes the Polygon count even more further then the polygon count parts of the game.

I would highly suggest getting Kid Icarus: Uprising, when you go to get your first Retail copy of a 3DS game, whenever it is when you will get another 3DS game.

Around the Network

I hope you have surround sound headphones because the 3DS has native 6 speaker sound which is better then the PS3/360 5 speaker sound.

Fire Emblem awakening is also Surround Sound.

If you don't have surround sound headphones you can plug into an earphone jack, then get "Plantronics Gamecom 777", it's like $30 to $80 depending on where you get it. You can leave the seperate microphone jack plug unplugged, that's what I do.

Kaizar said:
osed125 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
By the time you have money for Wii U, it should be cheaper and have many great games.
As for download progress, there should be a square getting filled up, or if you hit download later, then it should tell you exactly what percent it's at if you click on the present icon.

Btw what do the number of balls filling the square mean? I guess it's the download speed or something. 

I think the blocks dropping in are suppose to represent how much it's getting filled up. In other words its suppose to give you a good example of how much percentage it's increasing to.

Fire Emblem: Awakeing is 1 GB, and Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D (May 24) is like 2 GB.

You are goin to want to choose to activate SpotPass in Fire Emblem Awakeing so your 3DS will Download all the Free DLC in the background 24/7 as long as the system is on with the wireless on.

Land you will like StreetPAss for Fire Emblem Awakeing.....remember 100 feet for 1 second to exchange tons of data from anyone in any car driving by and anywhere else within a 100 feet ratio.

Once you beat Chapter 25 you will be able to play the DLC Maps, but you can already use the other free DLC stuff.

Also to gain teams from SpotPass & StreetPass, you can just beat them in a battle if you don't want to spend any money.

I would suggest not unloading the DLC teams until you unlock the outralm gate which takes beating the first several chapters, but then you can get paid DLC. I would suggest getting the Golden Pack for you first paid DLC, so as to always make plenty of money to help you gain the stronger teams from StreetPass & SpotPass, trust me.

Also, have you taken a picture of yourself in Mii Maker to create your own Mii that way?

Once you have, you will want to activate StreetPass Mii Plaza StreetPass to get the awesome Fire Emblem Awakening motion image that you can use the circle pad to view different areas of the action. It's in Puzzle Swap in Mii Plaza. But you got to turn SpotPass ON for StreetPass Mii Plaza to get the Fire Emblem Awakening Video, it pushes the Polygon count even more further then the polygon count parts of the game.

I would highly suggest getting Kid Icarus: Uprising, when you go to get your first Retail copy of a 3DS game, whenever it is when you will get another 3DS game.

Wait the DLC is free? I thought that was limited time only.

Nintendo and PC gamer

osed125 said:
Kaizar said:
osed125 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

Wait the DLC is free? I thought that was limited time only.

One of the DLC from the Outrealm gate was free for a limited time.

But there is lots of other DLC that downloads automatically that is free 24/7, just activate SpotPass in FE: A.

Once the blue dot appears on the icon to the game, you will want to have the game launched and go to bonus box to get the free items & weapons & maps.

I guess I should name some good DS games off the top of my head:

Golden Sun Dark Dawn (you don't need to play the first 2 to play this one)

Pokémon Black & White 1 & 2

The World Ends with You (I'm not pointing my finger at you like Uncle Sam, LOL)

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Rings of Fate

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Echoes of Time

Final Fantasy the 4 Heroes of Light

Final Fantasy 3

Final Fantasy 4

Metal Slug 7

Around the Network

Btw now that I finished downloading FF, if for some reason my 3DS breaks, I can still play the game right? after all is inside the SD card so it shouldn't be a problem.

Nintendo and PC gamer

osed125 said:

Btw now that I finished downloading FF, if for some reason my 3DS breaks, I can still play the game right? after all is inside the SD card so it shouldn't be a problem.

Yes.

But if your 3DS breaks, then you got to let Nintendo know, and they will tell you what to do with them, so you can play your paid games on SD card on a different 3DS.

I would say get a 3DS now it already has great games and start saving money to get a Wii U in the fall ;)

^He already got one. :P

@OPer:
Everything under Wireless is free, but everything in the outrealm gate you have to pay for. Even without that stuff you should still be able to fully enjoy the game. Also, if you ever want to get another 3DS game, I'd recommend looking up Mario Kart 7, Kid Icarus: Uprising, and Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon.