By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Should I get a 3DS or save money for the Wii U?

Get the 3DS now or save the money?

Get the 3DS 156 63.93%

Save the money 86 35.25%

Total:242

3DS is the wiser investment, it has so many amazing games

Around the Network
osed125 said:

So here's the thing. I have money for a 3DS (which is kinda expensive in my country) and 1 game (which will be Fire Emblem). But the thing is that I've never been a huge fan of handheld gaming. I have a DS but in all honesty I never used it that much, my gaming sessions were pretty much always on the PC and Wii.

The main reason for me to consider a 3DS is because of Fire Emblem, aside of that there is Kid Icarus and the upcoming Mario & Luigi Dream Team (which I'm a huge fan of the series). There are other games in my mind but those are the big ones for me.

Edit: There's also Virtue's Last Reward, which is the sequel to 999, one of my favorite games of all time.

The problem is that if I get a 3DS now, I might not be able to get the Wii U until longer than I anticipated (maybe next year) and with the possible line up of games for the holiday it will be kinda hard to wait longer lol. 

So basically convince me to get a 3DS XL and spend $300 (that's both the system and Fire Emblem).

Get a 3DS and try to sell your DS since you dont need that anymore. (3DS can play DS games)

Buying a WiiU doesn't make much sense for at least 6 months.     I remember when the Wii came out I was playing Twilight Princess like an addict (even tho I had a GameCube and could have bought the game for the GC)   But  the WiiU  well   I played  NSMBU with my friends we finished it within 2 days And now I occasionally  play Sonic Allstars Racing Transformed.    There is not much sense in playing Tekken since the WiiU version has no unlockables as far as I know (everything is unlocked from the beginning.....)

Nintendo Land is not much of a single player game IMHO.  Pikmin  Game and Wario will come out in 4 months or so.   No Mario no Mario Kart no Zelda no Metroid (as far as we know)  no Smash  will be out before September.

Buy a 3DS.

P.S. whats your country?

If you never really liked handheld gaming than save your money the 3ds sure not will change your opinion. The Nintendo DS had a insane load of amazinge games and if that Hh don't convinced you than no handheld ever will satisfy you.

So save your money and buy a WiiU.

Ok found myself a big deal. The original 3DS bundle with Mario 3D Land pre installed at $250. I will get that.

And I still have money for Fire Emblem. I will pick the system tomorrow :D

Nintendo and PC gamer

JazzB1987 said:

Buy a 3DS.

P.S. whats your country?

Costa Rica. Prices of video games here are horrible, really bad place to be a core gamer T.T

Thankfully digital games have saved me a lot of money (espcially on Steam).

Nintendo and PC gamer

Around the Network
Grandia said:
If you never really liked handheld gaming than save your money the 3ds sure not will change your opinion. The Nintendo DS had a insane load of amazinge games and if that Hh don't convinced you than no handheld ever will satisfy you.

So save your money and buy a WiiU.

LOL, the 3DS is getting a more better quality of games then the PS2.

And the PS2 has a more better library then the DS.

I'm not sure if the GameCube has a better library then the DS or vice-versa. But the PS2 also has a more better library then the GameCube as well.

Anyways the 3DS has a trillion times more insane load of way more amazing games then the DS.

The DS library is a piece if crap, if you compare it to the 3DS.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nintendo_3DS_games

Downloading Fire Emblem Awakening :D

Although a progress be would be nice >.>

Nintendo and PC gamer

^You made the right choice imo. :)
By the time you have money for Wii U, it should be cheaper and have many great games.
As for download progress, there should be a square getting filled up, or if you hit download later, then it should tell you exactly what percent it's at if you click on the present icon.

Einsam_Delphin said:
^You made the right choice imo. :)
By the time you have money for Wii U, it should be cheaper and have many great games.
As for download progress, there should be a square getting filled up, or if you hit download later, then it should tell you exactly what percent it's at if you click on the present icon.

Yeah didn't notice that until a bit later lol.

Btw what do the number of balls filling the square mean? I guess it's the download speed or something. 

Nintendo and PC gamer

^I think so but I can't say for sure. Nintendo just had to make it all colorful looking while hiding the facts. :L